What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Clean out

Johns Magic

Referee
I think Mamo will be our best player in a couple of years time.

Mamo, Levi, Cogger and Lamb are four kids we need to come good. We are up against it when it comes to recruitment. To have four top talents in the spine come through all within a couple of years of each other is a dream come true.

Gids leaving has let us keep Mamo and I think Gids knew it.

Mamo reminds me of a raw Billy Slater. It means little at the moment but I think he has the natural gifts to ensure a very successful career. That speed is even more electric live than on TV. He has great footwork. I would love to see him in a foot race with James Roberts. As JM said we are extremely blessed. Sione, Jake along with Cogger and Lamb means patience is the game we need. it would be far worse the alternative had we lost a few of them. I see Dane staying for some time as well. money aside he would have left to the Broncos already if he intended to go back to Qld.

Last edited:

Joel-22

Juniors
Firstly, Tomkins was on a f**k load. Freed up plenty of space.

Secondly, it's easy to draw players home. They'll play for less to play closer to family. Why do you think there's always rumours of Bird coming here? Why do you think Snowy wants to remain at the club? There's plenty of reasons for clubs signing players, it isn't a black and white as you're seemingly make it out to be.

Thirdly, the ladder fluctuates so f**king much, it's not the end of the world if we don't fix our halves or front row issues this year. So bloody dramatic.

It's funny how people on here complain about so-called "emo posters" in regards to the club and the direction it is heading.
Yet, the most out-of-context, hyper-emotional posts come from those victimising the "emo posters".

We've lost Kurt Gidley, Beau Scott and possibly BJ this year and last year we lost Willie Mason, Adam Cuthbertson, Darius Boyd among others and signed who?

We clearly have a problem with our props and halves.
We cannot rely on just developing juniors to fill these positions.
How long have we had an obvious problem with our front-row rotation? Yet, nothing worthwhile has been done to resolve this issue

Swarzey

Bench
It's funny how people on here complain about so-called "emo posters" in regards to the club and the direction it is heading.
Yet, the most out-of-context, hyper-emotional posts come from those victimising the "emo posters".

We've lost Kurt Gidley, Beau Scott and possibly BJ this year and last year we lost Willie Mason, Adam Cuthbertson, Darius Boyd among others and signed who?

We clearly have a problem with our props and halves.
We cannot rely on just developing juniors to fill these positions.
How long have we had an obvious problem with our front-row rotation? Yet, nothing worthwhile has been done to resolve this issue

So we've wasted the money we had last year and seemingly some of the money we've got for next on retaining players. Sione, Mamo, Gagai, Snowy, Korbin, all important players who needed to be wrapped up before we go elsewhere. Retaining them was far more important than going out and trying to fix our front row stocks.

I'm not implying that we need to rely on them however we've just had a good f**king batch of juniors that could be anything and you don't want to give them the time to develop? Sure, let's go sign a few props and just leave players who deserve a chance to shine in the NRL and could be anything because we want success now instead of a few years later. There's a club in Sydney that up until Thursday had their cap filled by imports and they were set to lose three talented juniors. I bring it up because you're someone who clearly would come here two years after winning a premiership and bitch "Why didn't we retain these talented kids!!!! We're screwed for the next few years!!! It was good while it lasted!!!"

Whether you want to admit it or not there's plenty of quality at the club, the issues in the halves, the issue in the front row can be fixed by our own developed talent however that's still a good few years away. We have two choices really, sign mediocre talent to keep some seats warm or blow every remaining cent for the hopes that we snap a premiership. I'm sure the latter is going to work out just great for the Raiders with their recruitment drive.

Patience is a virtue.

mozza91

Coach
Roberts, Gidley, Houston should be ashamed to walk around the street of newcastle

Did you watch the game? Houston was decent as was Gidley. Mata'utia was terrible but I'm guessing that won't get a mention from anyone as he's not one of the usual whipping boys.

Nuffy

Bench
No need for a clean out, everything is going according to plan.

Stone, Hagan, Midley and the board have big things planned for us.

Just keep believing as that's all that's required.

Swarzey

Bench
He should cop a bit but it's a bit far to drop him or call for him to be dropped. He's 18 in probably the hardest position to play, the first time he has done so in first grade. We already know this team is f**ked, nothing to lose by him remaining there for the sake of experience.

Noname36

First Grade
I thought Sione and McManus were far worse than Gidley today (but after the utter crap he's consistently served up he doesn't deserve a place either).

I'm also incredibly frustrated with Uate defensively. I think at least part of the issue players defending inside of him (usually Gagai, today Sione) have is that they don't trust him and it's making them make even poorer decisions defensively.

I thought all the backs bar Gagai were absolutely atrocious today. Makes you wonder why Mamo can't get a run due to all his errors when those in front of him are deadset liabilities anyway.

Last edited:
There are no more excuses. That was a disgrace today. Rick Stone needs to start giving NSW Cup players their due and give them their shot.

Latest posts