What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Clean out

perverse

Referee
A petition for what? Why? And give it to who? The club won't care unless the Knights Nannas sign it.

Joel-22

Juniors
A petition for what? Why? And give it to who? The club won't care unless the Knights Nannas sign it.

Signing a coach who isn't one of the boys. Someone mentioned Brian Smith, personally id love to see him back as head coach.
The only thing he did wrong was the mind games with bedsy. That broke my heart when bedsy left the club. To be honest though, there's no one at this club whose departure would hurt like his so f**k it.
We need to get rid of the deadwood, if roberts is named to play first grade and sione is once again in jumper 18 with randell alongside him on the bench I'm going to start a one man riot.

Nah. You need to light a media bonfire. Write to Weidler or some other dick who will publish it. You need to create some friction. Petitions are for councils.

slotmachine

First Grade
Hell, you can probably even go a lot further back than Mullen, even. The only Knights juniors that seem to make a legitimate name for themselves are the ones that get the hell outta Compton before we blood them.

Ha, yep. Good thing bird and cordner got legit coaching somewhere else otherwise they'd probably have ended up journeymen.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
For possibly the first time since i have followed the Knights, i actually feel like a members vote for board seats would be good......

Do members have voting rights for any of the seats under the current formation?? If we want change, that'd probably be the way to do it...

Jono078

Referee
Another thing that is really starting to piss me off is the total lack of a will to succeed in the club. The same old boring shit rolled out in the media conferences and puff pieces has worn so thin. Can you imagine if Souths, the Roosters, Manly or Melbourne played as poorly as we have all year? The coach would be ropable... and we'd hear statements like "that's an unacceptable performance from us", "we pride ourselves on setting a higher benchmark than that", "we don't coach to play like that"... you know, just SOMETHING that shows that they expect a bit more from themselves. Some accountability ffs. To show that the coach expects more.

Stone is massive softcock. I don't care how much the players like the bloke, they're not going to play their best for him when they know they'll just get a pat on the back and a "better luck next time" if they don't perform. A juicy contract upgrade will await them the moment their manager says another club is sniffing around, too.

We completely accept failure as the standard at our club. No-one else in the comp expects anything from us, and we don't expect anything from ourselves. I'm starting to think the only real solution is the burn the entire club to the ground and start fresh with a new franchise, with none of the old boys involved. Too many mates, too much nepotism... and when a bloke like Wayne Bennett can't get in there and fix it over the course of 3 seasons, it's probably not fixable.
Agree with this so much.

The worst part is I don't see a premiership any time before 2020. And it just sucks to feel like we have to put up with crap for so long.

Noname36

First Grade
Ultimately you get what you pay for. The club has been encouraged (forced) by the NRL to operate at the lowest possible budget. When you encourage the cheapest option you're obviously not encouraging success. If the NRL were really serious about the club becoming strong and being able to stand on its own without assistance then they'd force their appointed board into making the tough decisions...starting with the unqualifed CEO being removed. The players and coach aren't going to have pressure to perform until there's some accountability from the top.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Ultimately you get what you pay for. The club has been encouraged (forced) by the NRL to operate at the lowest possible budget. When you encourage the cheapest option you're obviously not encouraging success. If the NRL were really serious about the club becoming strong and being able to stand on its own without assistance then they'd force their appointed board into making the tough decisions...starting with the unqualifed CEO being removed. The players and coach aren't going to have pressure to perform until there's some accountability from the top.

It still shits me that we got rid of Ken Edwards.

It would be great if we could get that guy back!!!

Joel-22

Juniors
Does anyone ever wonder what could have been if we'd been more sensible with resigning players?
Off the top of my head:

1.Dane Gagai
2.Kevin Naquama
3.Kurt Mann
4.BJ Leilua
5.Aku Uate
6.Jarrod Mullen
7.Albert Kelly
8.Kade Snowden
9.Isaac De Gois
10.Richard Fa'aoso
11.Beau Scott (c)
12.Tariq Sims
13.Zeb Taia

14.Jeremy Smith
15.Adam Cuthbertson
16.Korbin Sims
17.Jack Stockwell

Noname36

First Grade
Does anyone ever wonder what could have been if we'd been more sensible with resigning players?
Off the top of my head:

1.Dane Gagai
2.Kevin Naquama
3.Kurt Mann
4.BJ Leilua
5.Aku Uate
6.Jarrod Mullen
7.Albert Kelly
8.Kade Snowden
9.Isaac De Gois
10.Richard Fa'aoso
11.Beau Scott (c)
12.Tariq Sims
13.Zeb Taia

14.Jeremy Smith
15.Adam Cuthbertson
16.Korbin Sims
17.Jack Stockwell

Don't think that side would go much, if any, better than the current one to be honest.

Joel-22

Juniors
Don't think that side would go much, if any, better than the current one to be honest.

I think that's a pessimistic exaggeration.

Getting rid of Kids, Roberts & Faalogo and replacing them with mentally disabled school children would see an improvement in the side's performance

TooheysNew

Coach
I think that's a pessimistic exaggeration.

Getting rid of Kids, Roberts & Faalogo and replacing them with mentally disabled school children would see an improvement in the side's performance
And you think he's exaggerating?

Out of those players I would have liked to have kept de gois a few more years but he's past it now. Albert Kelly would be handy as well.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
He probably isn't needed now but we should've kept Taia as well. Still dirty on Wayne ruining him by playing him at prop which didn't suit his game and then shipping him off.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
He probably isn't needed now but we should've kept Taia as well. Still dirty on Wayne ruining him by playing him at prop which didn't suit his game and then shipping him off.

Love Zeb but I don't think he was ever te same after his injury, his defence in particularly was very average

Latest posts