What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player Clean out

Nuffy

Bench
There are no more excuses. That was a disgrace today. Rick Stone needs to start giving NSW Cup players their due and give them their shot.

Not going to happen, Stone is determined to be a unemployed carpenter in 2017.

Although with this Board and management, he might get a 5 year extension after dropping 5 straight.

Anyone got the energy for a saveoursaints style grassroots campaign?

Nuffy

Bench
Aren't our nsw cup team also playing like shit tho?

Won today, frankly 1st grade needs to be accountable, which means getting punted after the team loses 5 straight.

What incentive is there to really bleed if you know that you aren't getting dropped, irrespective of your form?

Not going to happen, Stone is determined to be a unemployed carpenter in 2017.

Although with this Board and management, he might get a 5 year extension after dropping 5 straight.

Anyone got the energy for a saveoursaints style grassroots campaign?

Maybe we should ask our mates over in the Dragons forum how it got off the ground for them?

Won today, frankly 1st grade needs to be accountable, which means getting punted after the team loses 5 straight.

What incentive is there to really bleed if you know that you aren't getting dropped, irrespective of your form?

Oh I am hearing Ya, but no one is really bashing down the door ready to storm into FG.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Oh I am hearing Ya, but no one is really bashing down the door ready to storm into FG.

I dont even think that's particularly important....

It would be more about putting the scare into the current lot. Id rather a group of NSWcup players doing their best and getting flogged ahead of a group that should be doing much better but are just stuck in cruise.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Bringing NSW cup players up to be flogged will do wonders for their development...

Im not saying "pick the 17 year old, it might work out".....

But we've got blokes that can obviously stand it mentally and may just not have the natural talent. They could come in for a few weeks, just to get the shitty players into reserves so they can really appreciate how badly they are going. For the halves, if we wanted to put the scare into Mullen/Gidley/Tyrone, we could chuck in Randell or even just a backrower, and let these firstgraders watch a week or two from the NSWCup squad.

Same could be done with any of the backs or the forwards; we might lose a few before they come good, but we're not exactly carving up the opposition as it is.

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
Should have kept Darius.

Yeah he was brilliant in that one game here...

...wait....

...I can't remember...

...that's right! Never played a game where he was the sole difference. Never lifted the side by having a go. Gagai put in far more effort and pride in the jumper today alone than Boyd did in his three years here. I'd rather suffer having Gidley there for a decade more than to see Boyd at Newcastle again. At least he gives a f**k.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Yeah he was brilliant in that one game here...

...wait....

...I can't remember...

...that's right! Never played a game where he was the sole difference. Never lifted the side by having a go. Gagai put in far more effort and pride in the jumper today alone than Boyd did in his three years here. I'd rather suffer having Gidley there for a decade more than to see Boyd at Newcastle again. At least he gives a f**k.

This is true, Boyd's efforts and attitude were an embarrassment. At least Gidley gets it wrong due to trying to hard and making errors rather than not giving a f@*k like Darius.

aqua_duck

Coach
Bringing NSW cup players up to be flogged will do wonders for their development...

As opposed to playing week in week out against inferior competition whilst guys in first grade are stinking it up. Look at the roosters in 2013, guys like Tupou, Guerra, and RTS were all given a go in a struggling team the year before, it certainly didn't hinder their development

Yosh

Coach
As opposed to playing week in week out against inferior competition whilst guys in first grade are stinking it up. Look at the roosters in 2013, guys like Tupou, Guerra, and RTS were all given a go in a struggling team the year before, it certainly didn't hinder their development

They are actually gun players... Who do we have that can step up?

There's something wrong with the coaching. We look all over the place every game. No structure

slotmachine

First Grade
And it's not just first grade coaching, it's development too. Every "gun" junior we've had recently struggles when it comes to the big show.

perverse

Referee
And it's not just first grade coaching, it's development too. Every "gun" junior we've had recently struggles when it comes to the big show.
Recently? We've f**ked up nearly every junior since Mullen. The word "underachievement" should be bloody emblazoned on our logo.

Seriously, how many legitimate rep players have we produced in god knows how long? Aku had a couple of years at the top before he was badly exposed. McManus has been a handy depth player for NSW. That's about it.

Hell, you can probably even go a lot further back than Mullen, even. The only Knights juniors that seem to make a legitimate name for themselves are the ones that get the hell outta Compton before we blood them.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
Another thing that is really starting to piss me off is the total lack of a will to succeed in the club. The same old boring shit rolled out in the media conferences and puff pieces has worn so thin. Can you imagine if Souths, the Roosters, Manly or Melbourne played as poorly as we have all year? The coach would be ropable... and we'd hear statements like "that's an unacceptable performance from us", "we pride ourselves on setting a higher benchmark than that", "we don't coach to play like that"... you know, just SOMETHING that shows that they expect a bit more from themselves. Some accountability ffs. To show that the coach expects more.

Stone is massive softcock. I don't care how much the players like the bloke, they're not going to play their best for him when they know they'll just get a pat on the back and a "better luck next time" if they don't perform. A juicy contract upgrade will await them the moment their manager says another club is sniffing around, too.

We completely accept failure as the standard at our club. No-one else in the comp expects anything from us, and we don't expect anything from ourselves. I'm starting to think the only real solution is the burn the entire club to the ground and start fresh with a new franchise, with none of the old boys involved. Too many mates, too much nepotism... and when a bloke like Wayne Bennett can't get in there and fix it over the course of 3 seasons, it's probably not fixable.

Latest posts