What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

player sightings / experiences

PARRA_FAN

Coach
When I was in Melbourne last week for Origin of course, I saw Sirro asking for directions in a bottle shop.

Norths Tiger

Juniors
I know Bomber Peard a bit, was at his 60th a few years back, quite a few old timers there, very friendly (Dave Bolton, Roy Ferguson). Billy Smith was in no condition to talk haha and Jack Gibson the same (for different reasons obviously).

Saw Craig Gower at a Sydney Kings game about 10 years ago. He could barely stand up...

Saw Benny Elias and friends at the Crows Nest Hotel last year, they had a significant financial interest (for me, not for them I'm sure) on the Storm v Panthers game being played at the time.

Was waiting for a train once, had the Tigers jersey on, and this guy who was a little drunk started talking to me about the Tigers. My first thoughts were 'who's this weirdo?' but after chatting on the train, I found out it was Craig Mordey, son of Bill Mordey and involved with Big League for many years.

innerwestrabbit

Juniors
Ian Roberts Used to train at the pace gym in maroubra back in the early 90's.I always gave him a hard time about going to Manly. But he was a good bloke.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Wow, there is some awesome stories here, what a great thread.
I have spoken to a few players over the years. I used to work in Rosehill and i saw a few around there. I regularly saw players at the Woolies there including Tahu, Pj Marsh etc.
The Wiz was in the bowlo one day and i said gday to him, he was a nice bloke.
Saw Joey at the races one Saturday after he had played the night before, i said hello and he said hey back, but that was all we said as he was more focused on the four beers he was carrying.
I have also seen and spoken to a few players at my local over the years. Daniel Mortimer used to work at this place before he got his call up to FG, i spoke to him a couple of times when i was pissed and he was a real nice guy. Another who took the time to have a chat was Matt Keating, he was also a top guy. One night as i left the pub, i was in the carpark when i heard all this laughing, i turned to see David Williams walking to his car with these two stunners on either arm, the two sheilas had couldn't stop giggling. I had to chuckle to myself about that one.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Brett Kenny used to come into my auties work abit, (i think he used to deliver juice or something) and he and my aunty would have a chat every now and then, she said he was a nice guy and got him to sign an autograph for me.
My old man once saw Matt Sing at the shops, and although he never played for Parra, he was always a favorite of my dad's and i. Dad said he was a lovely fella.
The funniest one though would have to be when i was out in the city one night walking down the street pretty hammered, when i walk past Joe Galuvao who was absolutely blind, he could barely walk. I said "hey smokin' Joe!" he smiled, mumbled something and went on his merry way lol

Aragorn

First Grade
The funniest one though would have to be when i was out in the city one night walking down the street pretty hammered, when i walk past Joe Galuvao who was absolutely blind, he could barely walk. I said "hey smokin' Joe!" he smiled, mumbled something and went on his merry way lol

I always though Big Joe was a strong christian who didnt drink.

Obviously not the case :D....

MacDougall

First Grade
Went to school with Danny Wicks. He was bar none the biggest prick in the entire school. He was in the grade above me the entire time and was just the most sour, arrogant, aggro prick there was. His brother was a close run second.

I was working at the Chalk Hotel a couple of years ago in Brisbane during the Ashes. I was working at a fast food counter they had set up there and Peter Wallace came up and just started eye balling me not saying a word. He was swaying badly and after a little while some other bloke came up and grabbed him and asked him where the hot dogs were but Wallace still kept staring at me not speaking so the bloke just ordered two hot dogs and dragged him away. It was odd indeed.

Another time I was at the Treasury playing blackjack and this other bloke on the table kept winning which I quipped about and he just told me to follow his bets, so I did and I ended up winning loads! When I got up and found my friends watching nearby one said "How's your form! Playing blackjack with Karmichael Hunt." When I realised we tried to go back to the table to get an autograph or something and one of his big mates told us to f off straight up and made to get up off the table but Karmichael told him not to worry about it and to calm down but we left him alone anyway. Also saw Tonie Carroll hobbling around on two crutches with both his legs in braces.

Later that night I was outside and noticed Justin Hodges walk past with two hotties and I nodded at him and he just grinned and nodded back and walked off. He came back about five minutes later without the chicks and was standing there smoking a durry near the taxi rank so I bummed one off him and he obliged. I didn't really make any small talk though I just walked away and smoked it lol.

Not a league player but I ended up back at a workmates place after a heavy night on the piss and when I woke up the next morning I asked him where the pisser was and when I walked down his huge hallway I walked past the bedroom of Digby Ioane who was laying there under a sheet presumably naked with the hottest chick in the world asleep in his arms. I awkwardly said hi and he did too lol.

The Joker

Juniors
I've had to deal with players with my work: Petro 70 a litre, Darren Senter, Shane Rigon, Mark Minichello, Michael Greenfield, Amos Roberts, Andrew Emeilo, Jason Ferris, Nathan Smith, Hassan Saleh, Eric Grothe Jnr, Mitchell Sargent etc. Some in good circumstances and others not if you can join the dots

Fire

First Grade
Saw St George Illawarra Dragons coach Steve Price watching the Pacquiao v Bradley fight at Gymea pub today.