What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

player sightings / experiences

carcharias

Immortal
Sat next mark kohn ???
Ex qld SOO
At a wedding once.

Dont think he liked me....I told him how I reckon I could put a hood shot on him .

rabbitohs95

Bench
Always see Roosters and Souths players at Coogee and Maroubra beach, actually saw Ferguson at Coogee this week, looking like a drop kick as per usual.

LESStar58

Referee
Wendell Sailor was just in my office in Melbourne to meet with the publishers of his new book and he came down to our department to say hello.

Had a photo with him and stood there and talked footy for about 10 minutes and told him I was a Storm fan and he said

"Oh, man. Sorry about last weekend! How was it when Billy dropped that ball?"

Me: "I know, right? Should have taken it on his chest, not above his head. But that's just footy I guess."

Dell: Yeah. But he's only human. We all are. Read my book, that'll prove it.

Cheeky f**ker. Deadset champion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFmeWrD-sdg&feature=share&list=UUYezGjwDETAM44i92ABGpgA

Here's a promotional video Wendell did for my work to promote his new book. I'm filthy that I wasn't asked to be present at the filming!

roofromoz

First Grade
Seen a few Panthers players around the Penrith area (duh!).

Worked with former Souths player Charlie Saab for a few years - top bloke, a bit of a larrikin, and is still very fit.

In my profession, I deal with real estate agents almost on a daily basis. After having a chat with one, he gave me his card... his name sounded familiar, and looked it up - it was former Wests, Newcastle and Parramatta player Russell Wyer.

roofromoz

First Grade
... just remembered another one... a few years ago, Kane Cleal flipped me the bird on a street that runs along one side of Brookvale Oval all because I apparently didn't have enough courtesy to let him pass through. He had some done up Holden ute from memory. Probably thought I was fair game as a geeky looking 20-something wearing a Panthers jersey in a Toyota Echo - probably had it coming. :lol:

Flapper

First Grade
My dad was sat at a table with Ross Conlon at a function for Oakdale Workers a few months back, decent enough bloke from all reports. Personally haven't seen anyone since playing poker with Brad Drew at Panthers.

innsaneink

Referee
... just remembered another one... a few years ago, Kane Cleal flipped me the bird on a street that runs along one side of Brookvale Oval all because I apparently didn't have enough courtesy to let him pass through. He had some done up Holden ute from memory. Probably thought I was fair game as a geeky looking 20-something wearing a Panthers jersey in a Toyota Echo - probably had it coming. :lol:

Are you your av?

Spotted Martin Taupau, and then Fui Fui and his new winger mate whos name escapes me a few weeks ago at Westfields Parra....the day before they both scored doubles in their win against ???? late in the year

bottle

Coach
Turvey Mortimer at the airport a couple of days ago.
I said I had to say G'day to a legend of the game despite not being a Doggies fan.
Asked me my name, shook my hand, had a brief chat about the World Cup.
Affable guy, and very approachable.

Sir Biffo

Bench
Mark Tookey is firing up on the new facebook page "Mediocre Players of the 1990's - 2000's" responding to comments that he was in fact an average player. Quite funny, especially as all his friends are on there bigging him up to be a superstar of the game.

DeeJ

Bench
Mark Tookey is firing up on the new facebook page "Mediocre Players of the 1990's - 2000's" responding to comments that he was in fact an average player. Quite funny, especially as all his friends are on there bigging him up to be a superstar of the game.

That page is alot nicer to the players than the cricket and union equivelents. I nominated Dean Widders for the page - hopefully he goes up soon.

whall15

Coach
Are you your av?

Spotted Martin Taupau, and then Fui Fui and his new winger mate whos name escapes me a few weeks ago at Westfields Parra....the day before they both scored doubles in their win against ???? late in the year

Semi Radradra?