What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

player sightings / experiences

This was from a few years ago but it is worth sharing. I was staying at the Mercure in Townsville at the same time the Sydney Roosters were as they were playing the Cowboys that weekend (I'd gone up for the game mysaelf). Whilst they ate in a separate dining room from the general public, they had to come into the public dining room of the hotel to get their morning coffee. The day after the game, this young kid, who was obviously a Roosters supporter (he was wearing a jersey) and would have been between 7-10 years old, spotted Jared Warea-Hargreaves as he came in to order a coffee.

Without any prompting, Jared said hello to the kid, asked him if he had a good time at the game and if he'd had a good weekend. It turned out Jared had talked to this kid the day before also, so the fact Jared remembered him and had a chat to him really made this kid's day. You could see him beaming with happiness. He also loved it when Jared asked him for a high five when he was walking out and said goodbye as he went back to the player's rooms.

This was from a few years ago but it is worth sharing. I was staying at the Mercure in Townsville at the same time the Sydney Roosters were as they were playing the Cowboys that weekend (I'd gone up for the game mysaelf). Whilst they ate in a separate dining room from the general public, they had to come into the public dining room of the hotel to get their morning coffee. The day after the game, this young kid, who was obviously a Roosters supporter (he was wearing a jersey) and would have been between 7-10 years old, spotted Jared Warea-Hargreaves as he came in to order a coffee.

Without any prompting, Jared said hello to the kid, asked him if he had a good time at the game and if he'd had a good weekend. It turned out Jared had talked to this kid the day before also, so the fact Jared remembered him and had a chat to him really made this kid's day. You could see him beaming with happiness. He also loved it when Jared asked him for a high five when he was walking out and said goodbye as he went back to the player's rooms.
JWH acting as a decent guy...well I never

I was just at the Blues Point Hotel today, the pub in McMahons Point.
A whole lot of the old head footy guys came in for a drink.
Said g'day to Blocker.
Gordon Tallis was there and i think Siro too.

I'm not too cluey on the old boys but maybe looked like Brett Mullins...few others too.

snickers007

Juniors
Back when Wendall Sailor and Lote Tuquri were playing for the Wallabies we ran into them at the Plantation Hotel in Coffs Harbour.

Lote was loving the attention of the ladies on the dance floor, but Wendall was happy to have a chat to anyone. One of the girls in our group had no idea who they were, or why they were getting to much attention, but was chatting to Wendall anyway - but she was so drunk she couldn't understand his name, and was calling him "Wendo" all night. He was a good sport about it.

A bunch of other Wallaby wankers were there too - but only George Smith made an impression. He did his ass on the punt, and put his fist through a wall as a result.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Its probably common to have League players there, but the first time I went to the Clovelly Hotel I saw Fittler, Toovey, John Quayle, Trevor Gillmeister and I think Jimmy Smith. They were signed a few autographs on coasters lol

Then a couple years later at the same pub saw Adrian Morely, Peter Cusack, Luke Phillips and Craig Wing.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I was just at the Blues Point Hotel today, the pub in McMahons Point.
A whole lot of the old head footy guys came in for a drink.
Said g'day to Blocker.
Gordon Tallis was there and i think Siro too.

I'm not too cluey on the old boys but maybe looked like Brett Mullins...few others too.
I imagine Blocker was going on about tired Warriors forwards and the advantage of being the first team to score after halftime. Deadset he's like one of those dolls that you pull the string on and it says the same catch phrases over and over. I wonder if he does that in pubs.

gerg

Juniors
I imagine Blocker was going on about tired Warriors forwards and the advantage of being the first team to score after halftime. Deadset he's like one of those dolls that you pull the string on and it says the same catch phrases over and over. I wonder if he does that in pubs.

I like him. He clearly loves the game and rarely shits on the game, unlike other commentators - looking at you channel 9.

HAHA probably does..all I know is that I could hear his voice later on from about two blocks away. It's a very unique and voice the old Blocker

I like him. He clearly loves the game and rarely shits on the game, unlike other commentators - looking at you channel 9.
yeah I like him too - he seems like a good bloke and a jovial kind of commentator that makes me laugh a lot (probably doesn't mean to though haha)

Bazal

Post Whore
I could have sworn I just saw Tommy Starling on my lunch run, scabbing leftover pho out of abandoned bowls on the tables in front of Ms Ba Co in the City.

Tutned out it was just some random houso