What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

player sightings / experiences

Spot On

Coach
Today I saw Willie Mason here in Coffs doing his grocery shopping at Woolies. Had steak, bananas, custard and strawberry milk in his basket.

He was very friendly and had a lot of time for everyone who came up to him. A bunch of Woolies staff got photos with him 1 by 1. I had a quick convo with him:

"gday Willie great to have you in Coffs"
"thanks mate it's a nice place, awesome beaches"

Did you not state a couple of years ago that you were studying/training to be a police officer??? How's that going??

gronkathon

First Grade
Today I saw Willie Mason here in Coffs doing his grocery shopping at Woolies. Had steak, bananas, custard and strawberry milk in his basket.

He was very friendly and had a lot of time for everyone who came up to him. A bunch of Woolies staff got photos with him 1 by 1. I had a quick convo with him:

I thought you worked night fill

shaggs

Coach
No you guys are all wrong. He is security at the woollies.

They have him a torch and a pen.

Next year for 5 years service they will give him some keys to open the fire escape.

Tone83

Juniors
Same in regards to sterling, met him a couple of times didn't really like him, very very arrogant, tho plays nice on camera.p

Funny you guys say that cause I remember on the footy show once they had some shit segment about the falcon in the snow, can't remember anyway basically falcon and sterlo were being filmed and didn't realise and what struck me was how different and yeah arrogant sterlo seemed compared to when he knows hes on camera. Seemed like a genuine prick.

Mind you he's one of my favourites on tv, very good actor.

Red Bear

Referee
I met sterlo at work once and he was fine.

See Wendell around a bit, dude just loves being Wendell Sailor. Walks into a cafe, high fives some random kid then sits down. Pretty nice guy these days.

Hanscholo

Bench
I would have said thanks mate, and asked for the toilet key. My reply would be there for you to cleanup later.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade

You sure he said beaches?

unbreaK

Juniors
Served Tonie Carroll when I worked in a dehli, he bought 3kg of marinated chicken wings, you know he's going to eat them all himself.

Also see Broncos players all the time at Chermside Shopping Centre, had a conversation with Petero once, probably the nicest guy in league.

DeeJ

Bench
Served Tonie Carroll when I worked in a dehli, he bought 3kg of marinated chicken wings, you know he's going to eat them all himself.

An ex coworker of mine used to be a delivery driver for Elite Fitness Equipment. He had to deliver a bunch of training equipment to the broncos gym and Tunza helped him carry it all in.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Funny you guys say that cause I remember on the footy show once they had some shit segment about the falcon in the snow, can't remember anyway basically falcon and sterlo were being filmed and didn't realise and what struck me was how different and yeah arrogant sterlo seemed compared to when he knows hes on camera. Seemed like a genuine prick.

Mind you he's one of my favourites on tv, very good actor.

Cool story seat pisser :sarcasm:

LESStar58

Referee
Wendell Sailor was just in my office in Melbourne to meet with the publishers of his new book and he came down to our department to say hello.

Had a photo with him and stood there and talked footy for about 10 minutes and told him I was a Storm fan and he said

"Oh, man. Sorry about last weekend! How was it when Billy dropped that ball?"

Me: "I know, right? Should have taken it on his chest, not above his head. But that's just footy I guess."

Dell: Yeah. But he's only human. We all are. Read my book, that'll prove it.

Cheeky f**ker. Deadset champion!

chewsta

First Grade
I abused Mick Weyman for a good forty minutes once, before realising he actually wasnt Rebecca Wilson!

Latest posts