What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

player sightings / experiences

bluesbreaker

Bench
I've seen him at a festival here in Brisbane oddly enough 1-2 years ago. Also saw him at the after party. He seemed to be looking around wanting people to recognise him. He's pretty short but seemed pretty quiet.

I've also seen Yow Yeh at 2 different festivals, one he was in some private area with some mates and girls were getting him to lift up his shirt. Another time he was maggot, leaning up on a wall and talking into his phone.

I think watmoughs problem on this particular occasion was his increasing disgust of merkins (like me) giving him props for ripping in in origin that year. I thought it was odd that about 18 hours after playing a game he was 700 kms away, mags, getting his festival on.

Edit: yes, he's really short... Similar in height to Neville costigan, who is deadset 5 foot tall.

Last edited:

DeeJ

Bench
I think watmoughs problem on this particular occasion was his increasing disgust of merkins (like me) giving him props for ripping in in origin that year. I thought it was odd that about 18 hours after playing a game he was 700 kms away, mags, getting his festival on.

Haha, pretty funny then when I saw him he was the opposite. Looking for attention rather than getting too much of it.

bileduct

Coach
Was that 2002? Because I remember Smith honouring that bet.
Yeah, it would have been 2002 because I also remember the same producer pulling me aside for making too much noise in the commentary booth during the Rd 24 Raiders vs Bulldogs game that the Raiders won 38-34.

I wasn't aware that he ended up honouring that, which is odd because I've usually made an effort to watch that show every week. As I said, I remember Rusty bringing it up during the show one week and the next time they were in town I was told by the producer to drop it.

betcats

Referee
My Dad worked on the door of some club in Panthers in the early nineties. He has some interesting stories about the players back then, MG in particular.

Ive seen a few players out in clubs on the Central coast over the years Hayne, Orford, Crocker, Idris and one or two others maybe. Orford was the nicest, pissed as a merkin though, Hayne was a tool.

My Dad worked on the door of some club in Panthers in the early nineties. He has some interesting stories about the players back then, MG in particular.

Ive seen a few players out in clubs on the Central coast over the years Hayne, Orford, Crocker, Idris and one or two others maybe. Orford was the nicest, pissed as a merkin though, Hayne was a tool.

Don't be a c**k tease mate, lets hear about MG!

Aragorn

First Grade
Worth Clarifying that those dick pictures Willie allegedly did turned out to be a news ltd beat up... The scans are available on the net, and there's no steins to be seen.

are you taking the piss or saying you do recall this incident? it was during all that hoohaa around his ADHD and the really dumbshit it makes him do.... big willie = penis

bluesbreaker

Bench
are you taking the piss or saying you do recall this incident? it was during all that hoohaa around his ADHD and the really dumbshit it makes him do.... big willie = penis

There's a thread on here with it according to google... 'the doodles'

betcats

Referee
Don't be a c**k tease mate, lets hear about MG!

Haha i dont wanna say too much cause it is all second hand and that but lets just say MG wasnt afraid to start a fight, Dad reckons he seen him pick a hundred fights.

He reckons Royce used to get carried out every week.

hitman82

Bench
I saw Clinton Toopi in town once when I was pissed as. Went up to him to start a conversation about some bullshit but I was too drunk, forgot his name and was like "What's up Noopu!!!" with the high five and he looked at me like I was some kind of lunatic, then left. Which was fair enough really.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I saw Clinton Toopi in town once when I was pissed as. Went up to him to start a conversation about some bullshit but I was too drunk, forgot his name and was like "What's up Noopu!!!" with the high five and he looked at me like I was some kind of lunatic, then left. Which was fair enough really.

:lol:

Aragorn

First Grade
There's a thread on here with it according to google... 'the doodles'

You`re a deadset champion bluesbreaker - high five!

found the article...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/miranda-devine/in-defence-of-willie-mason/2007/04/22/1176697146356.html

Quote: ''And who could forget the Harvey Norman doodle affair? Mason was accused of drawing obscene caricatures with "oversized genitalia" on a tablecloth during an autograph signing at a Harvey Norman store. When the tablecloth was shown to the media, Mason's doodles turned out to be innocent, childlike pictures of a flower in a pot, funny faces, noughts and crosses and stick figures.''

didnt know about that bit in bold... the words innocent and Mason dont mix well together... :D

to_ddeath

Coach
I've seen a lot of Raiders players out, former and present (Vidot, Waddell, Dugan, Thompson, Costigan, Goodwin, T.Carney, Learoyd-Lahrs) to name a few.

Carney was piss drunk when I saw him and in general was acting like a f**king mong. Learoyd-Lahrs is a legend, saw him at a club in Manuka 4-5 years and had decent chat to him.

Best of all was Alan Tongue, saw him at All Bar Nun a few years ago when I was with a few friends, what a f**king champion. Saw that we were Raiders fans so he came over, bought us drinks etc most humble guy ever.

Tongue must have been right off his dial. Buying you a drink? Our little RP urinator really hit the jackpot that evening :lol:

T.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
The GF was down at Northies a few sundays back & got talking to Paul Gallen, said he was a really nice guy. He came up to her later & said one of his friends would like to have a dance with her, turned out to be Nathan Gardner.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Tongue must have been right off his dial. Buying you a drink? Our little RP urinator really hit the jackpot that evening :lol:

T.

He must have seen the little turd sitting by himself sipping on pink cruisers and felt sorry for him

In your defense Toopi is a top notch wanker though.

The time I saw him he was wearing a tight pink shirt.

Aragorn

First Grade
In your defense Toopi is a top notch wanker though.

The time I saw him he was wearing a tight pink shirt.

I remember all that gel he use to have in his hair when playing for the warriors... must have used a whole bottle each game....

Tongue is a f**king champ. I was having dinner with friends in a pub and the Raiders were down here on their end of season trip. He was at the bar and one of my friends called out "hello mister Tongue! What are you doing here!?" My friends had their gear on and he saw us and came over to chat for about 15 minutes. Lovely, lovely bloke. Poor bugger probably thought he'd come down South and not get recognised but gets spotted by a table full of rugby league nuts. Haha!

Nice. Champion guy. After talking to him I was so glad that a man of his calibre was leading our side.

Another top bloke from all reports is Josh Miller, I've seen him around but never had the chance to talk to him. Pity he had to leave for that filthy club he's at currently.

tangalife

Juniors
2 year ago I met Ruben Wiki

Would quite often deal with his sister in law at my work, one day she came up to Auckland and said she was coming into the office and would bring Ruben in with her (he was also 'ambassador' for her company). So she bought him in to meet me, had a quick chat. He also gave a friendly 'kia ora' to one of the maori ladies at work. Pretty cool of him to come in and say hi. Was smaller in real life than I thought, but stocky as f**k. Has a big confident aura about him

Latest posts