What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

player sightings / experiences

eozsmiles

Bench
Cant really get any better than partying it up with the team for 3 days straight in the hotel room after the 2008 grand final.

That would've been a hell of a celebration. I went to a New Years Eve party at Joey Johns' place in the early 00's. Every weekend was a celebration back then.

Speaking of Manly, I saw Ian Thompson a couple of weeks before this season started and he was tipping B2B premierships for your mob.

Literally ran into Lozza Daley walking out of a toilet stall last week. They reckon he's got a 13" old fella. I can't verify but a mate was in the sheds after a Raiders victory as a child and said a glimpse of the naked Daley left him in tears.

Highway1

Juniors
That would've been a hell of a celebration. I went to a New Years Eve party at Joey Johns' place in the early 00's. Every weekend was a celebration back then.

Speaking of Manly, I saw Ian Thompson a couple of weeks before this season started and he was tipping B2B premierships for your mob.

Literally ran into Lozza Daley walking out of a toilet stall last week. They reckon he's got a 13" old fella. I can't verify but a mate was in the sheds after a Raiders victory as a child and said a glimpse of the naked Daley left him in tears.

:lol:

Charlie124

First Grade
I bumped in to Choppy Close at The Nixon last night next to Etihad Stadium. Seems like a great bloke, he was happy to take a couple of photos with my drunk arse and have a quick chat even though he was clearly busy with other people he was with.

Deacon

First Grade
Nice. Champion guy. After talking to him I was so glad that a man of his calibre was leading our side.

Another top bloke from all reports is Josh Miller, I've seen him around but never had the chance to talk to him. Pity he had to leave for that filthy club he's at currently.

Wat have you against the mighty Illawarra Cutters?

Collateral

Coach
Met Nathan Hindmarsh with a group of mates at westfields once...he acted like a rude knob. Didnt want to talk or sign anything.

Benji has his moments too but have a funny story about him; Was at the local in Leichhardt with a mate who supports the Tigers and he had his jersey on at the time. Turns out Benji was at a private function upstairs, so my mate asked the big Islander bouncer if he could go up and get Benji to sign his jersey for him. No worries. Bouncer goes upstairs and returns with it and gives it back to my mate...jersey read "To *Bouncers name*, All the best Benji Marshall"....mate was so pissed off. I couldnt stop laughing.

Western Saint

First Grade
[FKN-SIK];8347503 said:
I also shouted SBW, Willie Tonga and Mason a beer at Leichhardt back in 2004
What for? With the coin they make they shoulda shouted you the rest of the night for the gesture.

babyg

Juniors
I saw Josh Macguire committ an atrocity on Mothers Day. I saw him at the local AFL club at the buffet breakfast with his girlfriends family. For the record I've lived nearthat place my while life and it's the first time I've been there too. He was cool about getting a photo with the in law.

Was swimming in the indoor pool at a hotel in Mooloolaba a few years back an the whole Dragons team came n for a swim. Overrepresentation of dictog wearers.

Later Nathan Brown hopped in the lift with me and the family. Had a quick chat about kids. Nice bloke.

Many years ago I walked into the Hotel LA toilets and Chris Walker had his shirt off flexing in front of the mirror bragging about how much money he was on. I asked him who he played for which pissed him off. Wanker.

Used know a few girls who shagged a few of the players.

Packy

Bench
Back when Guru Jr was yet to play 1st grade he used to play in a band called Downtime. He would have been 17-18. They used to stay at our place when they came to QLD for shows sometimes and Eric and I got on really really well. Champion bloke.

RIP - Billy from Downtime.

Packy

Bench
My oldest memory of meeting a 1st grader was when I was just new to going out. Was a Fri or Sat after a Broncos home game (at ANZ I think) and Broncs had won.

My memory consists of the following:

Being @ City Rowers.
Seeing Broncos
Seeing Kevin Walters slip over on some spew in the dunny.
Laughing at him and flicking water on him to "help clean"
Getting kicked out.

betcats

Referee
My oldest memory of meeting a 1st grader was when I was just new to going out. Was a Fri or Sat after a Broncos home game (at ANZ I think) and Broncs had won.

My memory consists of the following:

Being @ City Rowers.
Seeing Broncos
Seeing Kevin Walters slip over on some spew in the dunny.
Laughing at him and flicking water on him to "help clean"
Getting kicked out.

:lol:

IanG

Coach
Have seen quite a few Knights players come into my work place. Not a footy player I know but have also seen Gary Gilmore come in as well and for a brief period of time I worked with Terry Martin the former Raiders player

Last edited:

Suitman

Post Whore
I was in a lift in a hotel in Auckland once with my girlfriend (now wife) and Steve Walters got in. By the time he got out on his floor he'd given my girlfriend his room number on a piece of paper. :lol:

Suity

thorson1987

Coach
Mickey Paea, played my junior footy at the same club (one age below him though) and went to the same primary school. He also went to high school with my wife. Used to see him at MacArthur square a fair bit before he went to England. Always up for a chat and always asked if I still played and who for and also how my wife was going.

Lelea Paea, played in my brothers team when they were 14. I was ball oh for them that year. Last time I spoke to him we were putting a lazy $20 into the pokies at Ingleburn RSL around Xmas time before he went to the titans.

Kevin mcguinness, was a trainer for my team a couple of years back. Seemed like a good bloke. Always see Kenny though putting money on the horses.

Shannon McDonnell, played against him and also in the same side when we were younger. Always up for a chat about how things were when he played for the tigers. Haven't seen him since he left though. Little known fact about him. He used to be a dancer aswell when he was young and was in a Nikki Webster video clip. I'll have to find it though.

Jarryd hayne, refereed him years ago at a school boy knockout. Was a wanker even when he was only 12

Kris Inu, played in the same rep team when we were 11. Always up for a chat when I ran into him. Last time we spoke was the week of the first finals game in 09 against st george. Funny bit wash wife was wearing her dragons jacket when we saw him.

Plenty more that I can't think of atm though.

natheel

Coach
Mickey Paea, played my junior footy at the same club (one age below him though) and went to the same primary school. He also went to high school with my wife. Used to see him at MacArthur square a fair bit before he went to England. Always up for a chat and always asked if I still played and who for and also how my wife was going.

Lelea Paea, played in my brothers team when they were 14. I was ball oh for them that year. Last time I spoke to him we were putting a lazy $20 into the pokies at Ingleburn RSL around Xmas time before he went to the titans.

Kevin mcguinness, was a trainer for my team a couple of years back. Seemed like a good bloke. Always see Kenny though putting money on the horses.

Shannon McDonnell, played against him and also in the same side when we were younger. Always up for a chat about how things were when he played for the tigers. Haven't seen him since he left though. Little known fact about him. He used to be a dancer aswell when he was young and was in a Nikki Webster video clip. I'll have to find it though.

Jarryd hayne, refereed him years ago at a school boy knockout. Was a wanker even when he was only 12

Kris Inu, played in the same rep team when we were 11. Always up for a chat when I ran into him. Last time we spoke was the week of the first finals game in 09 against st george. Funny bit wash wife was wearing her dragons jacket when we saw him.

Plenty more that I can't think of atm though.

How old we're you when you refereed hayne? He's only a year younger than Inu, so you must've been 13??