What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players for 2008 who have "Jumped the Shark"

Joe Davola

Juniors
With apologies to scuzzi for ripping this off from his post about Joe Galuvao......

Of the players who will be running around in 2008, the QUESTION is which of them have "Jumped the Shark" ????

(For the uninitiated, see www.jumptheshark.com)

I will start with a few, but there are plenty of good candidates across all teams:-

1. Mark O'Meley - I think the Roosters have shown their usual impeccable timing.
2. Andrew Ryan - the commentators all still love him and he can still produce in patches, but he is now just as likely to produce an error or bad miss tackle at crucial times.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Andrew Ryan is ready for the front row. He is a top player still, just more focused on defense these days.

Joe Davola

Juniors
I don't understand the concept?

Saying something has "Jumped the Shark" is like saying its best days are behind it.

The concept originated with the TV Show Happy Days when there was an episode where Fonzi jumped a shark on water skis (while wearing his trademark leather jacket).

When a show like Happy Days resorts to such a tacky stunt, you know its best days are behind it. It was all downhill for Happy Days after that........

t-ba

Post Whore
Angry_eel said:
The whole Sharks team.

They're a season ending injury to Brett Kimmorley away from a very productive 2008.

Speaking of players who've jumped the shark:

Brett Kimmorley (Sometime in 2000).

scuzzi

Juniors
speaking of Joe galuvao, his former partner in crime Tony Pulletua has definately jumped the shark. Also Steve Simpson is on the slide.

parra pete

Referee
Dogs Of War said:
He didn't jump the shark. He just had the biggest brain explosion ever, which he will never live down.

Was the player who introduced having a foot over the dead ball line and getting a 25 metre restart instead of the line drop out....

Butters

Bench
Ty Williams, Luke Priddis, Craig Gower. Those are just off the top of my head im sure theres quite a few more

Iafeta

Referee
Not sure on Priddis, he went well at the back end of the year IMO.

Tony Puletua fo shore fo life
Joel Clinton
Jake Webster and now he's heading off shore fo shore
Ben Ross

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Craig Fitzgibbon
Adam MacDougall
Paul Whatuira
Shannon Hegarty
Daniel Wagon

shiznit

Coach
Steve Price is jumping the shark right now!!
i say that because after a season like his this year the only way you can go is downhill....
surely he cant get any better....