What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Player's Tattoos

Joker's Wild

Coach
Mount Druitt tuff stickers.

Up until 4 or 5 years ago, players only got them whilst intoxicated on end of season trips, and most probably regret getting them.

Our current crop have lost the plot. A bunch of show pony's with no self respect. That's why so many of them are jumping on planes and going o/s because they are shallow short sighted twits chasing a quick dollar.

f**k me that is a long bow to draw.

Your last paragraph is nothing short of ridiculous in its generalisation and shows your naivety on such subjects.

Fibroman

First Grade
f**k me that is a long bow to draw.

Your last paragraph is nothing short of ridiculous in its generalisation and shows your naivety on such subjects.

I think not.

Why do you think rugby league crowds are getting smaller and smaller.

The game is slowly losing it's appeal. The players are the game. You do the maths.

Fibroman

First Grade
It makes me feel physically sick when I see players lying down on the ground milking penalties like spoilt little boys in a sandpit.

Have you noticed that alot of the white boys are now starting to talk like Jonah out of Summer Heights High, so small is their brainpower and imagination.

All the Polenisian boys are inked up, so lets get inked up too and while we're at it, lets start talking like them too.

Brookie

Juniors
It makes me feel physically sick when I see players lying down on the ground milking penalties like spoilt little boys in a sandpit.

Have you noticed that alot of the white boys are now starting to talk like Jonah out of Summer Heights High, so small is their brainpower and imagination.

All the Polenisian boys are inked up, so lets get inked up too and while we're at it, lets start talking like them too.

che bro

Fibroman

First Grade
I think the Polenesian players are great for the game, and most of them are champion blokes off the paddock as well. i just wish the Aussies would be Aussies and let the pommies be pommies and let the Polenesians be Polenesians and get back to what the game is all about.

Play it hard and tuff, and don't rely on getting ink on your arms to draw attention to yourself.

Polenesians getting inked up is more a part of their culture. Aussies getting inked up is a part of the culture that loiters around Methadone clinics. (Exception to the rule being tatts that represent or mean something eg. kids names, dobs, mates that have died, wives, gf's etc)

Brookie

Juniors
fibro, its multi-culturalism.
can't have any race/religion come and settle here and think we're always gonna have our aussie values.

i remember when i went to school, you were made fun of if you were a Mediterranean Descendant, asian or dark fella.

now these days, its cool to be the darkie.
everyone trying to be like an amrerican gangsta or talking like a wannabe poly.

*puts on jonah accent* f*ck off miss....

hitman82

Bench
Fibro, you do know that Islanders aren't the only culture who are well into their tatting eh? I'm white and have mainly culture-related tattoos. I don't see anything particularly shallow or silly about celebrating your origins.

I do find Micheal Luck, Mick Crocker, and Hindmarsh's (I think??) lower back b*tch tattoos a bit quar though.

Ram Man

Juniors

I am yet to hear 'White Boys' trying to talk like polynesians, unless they are from NZ.

Where do you get this $hit?
What does milking penalties have to do with players having tattoos?

Fibroman

First Grade
I am yet to hear 'White Boys' trying to talk like polynesians, unless they are from NZ.

Where do you get this $hit?
What does milking penalties have to do with players having tattoos?

Changing face of the game.

It used to be a man's game. Played hard and tough.

Now it's too much about stretching the rules and carrying on like sissys.

Pretty boys getting inked up is all a part of the changing face of the game.

I hate it when players lie down and carry on like they've just snapped a bone or ligament and 2 minutes later they are back in the line running like an olympic sprinter.

I dont want to see the game become like soccer or NFL, all full of bulls8it and antics.

Ram Man

Juniors
Changing face of the game.

It used to be a man's game. Played hard and tough.

Now it's too much about stretching the rules and carrying on like sissys.

Pretty boys getting inked up is all a part of the changing face of the game.

I hate it when players lie down and carry on like they've just snapped a bone or ligament and 2 minutes later they are back in the line running like an olympic sprinter.

I dont want to see the game become like soccer or NFL, all full of bulls8it and antics.

Most people who get tattoos get them for a specific reason. To represent something or someone in their life.
Anyone who gets a tattoo purley for the sake of getting a tattoo is a f**king idiot.

But just because players choose to express themselves by getting tattos, you cant just assume that every player that has them for the sake of having them. If you dont like them then thats your choice.
Why come on here and talk $hit by calling them everything under the sun when you have no idea what the tattoos represent.
you said yourself earlier that anything that represents family, kids is an exception to the rule. How do you know what these players tattoos mean?
Maybe you should find these things out before passing judgement on things you have no clue about.

I still fail to see how milking penalties has anything to do with players getting tattoos. The changing the face of the game excuse was very piss weak.

Shorty

Staff member
I like Todd Carney's tats:oops:

JT's is a girl's tattoo...angel wings are a girl thing and so are the tats on the small of the back...

Fibroman

First Grade
Most people who get tattoos get them for a specific reason. To represent something or someone in their life.
Anyone who gets a tattoo purley for the sake of getting a tattoo is a f**king idiot.

But just because players choose to express themselves by getting tattos, you cant just assume that every player that has them for the sake of having them. If you dont like them then thats your choice.
Why come on here and talk $hit by calling them everything under the sun when you have no idea what the tattoos represent.
you said yourself earlier that anything that represents family, kids is an exception to the rule. How do you know what these players tattoos mean?
Maybe you should find these things out before passing judgement on things you have no clue about.

I still fail to see how milking penalties has anything to do with players getting tattoos. The changing the face of the game excuse was very piss weak.

Back in the 80's most tattoos were a sign that you were off your face on some substance one day and had some of your drug money left to spend, or you got them when you were doing a stretch in the bay.

I'm not saying all tattoos are bullsh8t, but I'd be surprised if Todd Carney's or matt Roger's tatts actually represented anything solid other than drawing attention to themselves, which strangely enough Todd Carney does off the field as well, and f8ck me dead if I'm lying to you trendsetters, but i seem to recall an inked up Tim Smith having similar issues off the field.

I've been around the traps a bit. Been on plenty of end of season trips and been pretty darn close to getting inked up myself. With the value of hindsight, I'm glad I didn't.

Ram Man

Juniors
Back in the 80's most tattoos were a sign that you were off your face on some substance one day and had some of your drug money left to spend, or you got them when you were doing a stretch in the bay.

I'm not saying all tattoos are bullsh8t, but I'd be surprised if Todd Carney's or matt Roger's tatts actually represented anything solid other than drawing attention to themselves, which strangely enough Todd Carney does off the field as well, and f8ck me dead if I'm lying to you trendsetters, but i seem to recall an inked up Tim Smith having similar issues off the field.

I've been around the traps a bit. Been on plenty of end of season trips and been pretty darn close to getting inked up myself. With the value of hindsight, I'm glad I didn't.

My point exactly....Mat Rogers has 2 tattoos on his arms which represent his parents who have both passed away. not to mention a few for his kids.
Its not the 1980's anymore.
That was 20 years ago and tattoos mean different things now days.

Just because you have the blinkers firmly secured, doesnt mean todays players should have to put up with old fashion and out of date presumptions.

Fibroman

First Grade
My point exactly....Mat Rogers has 2 tattoos on his arms which represent his parents who have both passed away. not to mention a few for his kids.
Its not the 1980's anymore.
That was 20 years ago and tattoos mean different things now days.

Just because you have the blinkers firmly secured, doesnt mean todays players should have to put up with old fashion and out of date presumptions.

My blinkers will never be removed.

I take it you've got a few tatts that represent nothing much, but you have probably talked yourself into believing that they do, lol?

Ram Man

Juniors
My blinkers will never be removed.

I take it you've got a few tatts that represent nothing much, but you have probably talked yourself into believing that they do, lol?

Not a splash of ink on me at all. :D

So by your reasoning, Mat Rogers having Tattoos that represent the passing away of his parents represents nothing or he has talked himself into believing that it does.

How dare he remember and honour his parents in such a moronic way!

aqua_duck

Coach
Tim SMith's arm is a mess, Inglis has also got something on his back which looks queer.
ALso I don't know what's doing with Wes Naiqama getting his name tattooed on his neck of all places, must have been a souvenir from jail.

Latest posts