What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players you rated...

Phillips

Referee
kia ora storm said:
Matt Utai...a strong little player who has been cut down with injuries.

when he first burst onto the scene i thought he was going to become a kiwi legend..

Charlie124

First Grade
Brett Firman - was outstanding for the dragons in the limited games he could play there, was over the moon when the Cowboys signed him but never lived up to previous form.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Just to reiterate what others have said, I don't think Paleaaesina has done much wrong, he is going very well in ESL.

The truth is, any move to ESL is a disaster because Aus/NZ fans don't keep track of ANY ESL player's form.

I can't understand why Paleaaesina hasn't played for the Kiwis since 2005, where he was impressive on debut v Australia. I guess the selectors don't really follow ESL either.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Darren Albert - After '97 season he got a heap of injuries, played 1 origin game and went to Super League a few seasons later. Did well in Super League, then came to sharks, did ok, then he retired.

skeepe

Immortal
So many players that seemed to have talent in the lower grades that haven't really seen it through.

Royston Lightning - one of the most freakishly talented players ever to play the game. Also one of the laziest.
Andrew McFadden - seemed to have it all coming through the grades. Then he moved to Parra under Brian Smith. Never heard from again.
Mark McLinden - brilliant on his day. Unfortunately his day didn't come very often.
Todd Payten - another with the world at his feet. Came from the same Erindale College team as Finch, Lightning (maybe?) and Villasanti
Rod Jensen - 30+ tries in one season in Premier League, showed plenty of promise in his shots at First Grade, but never really kicked on.
Matt Gafa - Close to 30 tries, plus another 200 odd points in goals in Premier League... should have been much, much better than he was.

Others:
David Howell
Michael Howell
Jace van Dijk
Jason Death
Paul Beath
Steve Stone
Albert Fulivai
Nigel Gaffey
David Westley
Terry Martin
David Schrader
Nathan Barnes
Adam Peters
Nathan Sologinkin
Anthony Collella
Jermaine Ale
Alan Rothery
Willie Raston

Now I know the last two are still young and still playing, but with the forwards at the Raiders at the moment, you'd think they've missed the boat. Shame.

Garts

Bench
skeepe said:
Todd Payten - another with the world at his feet. Came from the same Erindale College team as Finch, Lightning (maybe?) and Villasanti
quote]

Finch was not in the side but Lincoln Withers was with the others metioned above. That side put 50+ on my team in the Commonwealth Bank Cup semi :oops:

skeepe

Immortal
Ah that's right, Finch came later. I remember now. Still, a bloody good side as schoolboy teams go.

Garts

Bench
I remember lining up against them and thinking oh sh!t, Payton and Lightening had already played first grade that year and it showed as they flogged us. Athough they lost the final to John Paul Maryong from memory. Think they had Tony Puletua and a few others in their side that season!!!! I thought Erindale were red hot favourites for the title that year!!!

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Michael Witt is a player that plays well in his first year at a club then falls away.

The way some people go on about lower grade players at the Eels there are too many to mention because they all haven't gone on to play for Aust/NZ.

kooriguy

Juniors
how about ashley harrison, nate myles, amos roberts and for the life of me i cant think of what they have in common

aids

Bench
i posted this on the wests forums a while ago...
Jamie Small
a prop at balmain, always played his heart out in PL, and played maybe 2 FG games.
was always doing great stuff in PL, but injured a lot of the time.
went over to the dogs last year, and i think was probably released this year.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Matthew Rodwell

Could have been anything until a little upstart called Andrew Johns caused him to be kicked out of the Newcastle team.

Danny Sullivan

Until his injury he was one of the most promising young forwards.

flash

Juniors
two penrith contributions..

Chris Williams - in 1990, he was a superstar in the lower grades at Penrith, took a similar rise through the grades as Fittler. I think his position was centre/half as well.

I think he may have had 1 First grade game in 1990, hardly played in 1991 through injury then disappeared. He went to Wests, played some first grade at hooker.

Phil Adamson - just thought he'd be a rep player for sure before his brother who was heart attack material at fullback in the lower grades, but injuries knocked him around, and Matt actually got better.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Dane Carlaw- fair dinkum when he burst onto the scene I thought Brisbane had a great 2nd rower on their hands..now he plays like a sissy!

Latest posts