What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PM's XIII vs PNG

joshreading

Staff member
I find it weird that they can't televise it. The Sunday slot during the finals would be perfect. I would still love to sit down and watch a game this arvo and would probably love the Kangaroos Kumuls more than most Sunday arvo games. The Novelty factor alone would be awesome.

newman

First Grade
I find it weird that they can't televise it. The Sunday slot during the finals would be perfect. I would still love to sit down and watch a game this arvo and would probably love the Kangaroos Kumuls more than most Sunday arvo games. The Novelty factor alone would be awesome.

This.

innsaneink

Referee
Just heard on 2GB that this game is today....apparently hasnt started yet, but the crowd is chokka block

Whos coaching the PM XIII team?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Watching it up here live on emtv in png. It's big up here but nothing in the oz press that I can see. Think the png kumuls have some prospects NRL scouts may look at.

Last edited:

hutch

First Grade
Kind of ironic that 3 of Australia's 4 try scorers have all played for other countries!

mikail-eagle

Bench
Just got back home an hour ago from the game.

I can tell you now that there were more than 25,000 plus people sitting, standing and hanging from every corner of Loyd Robson Oval plus another 10,000 outside and in the surrounding trees.

The game itself was a real arm wrestle. The Aussie boys scored about half way through the first half through Mateo after wheathering alot of early pressure from PNG. They scored again straight after the kick off with a runaway try through Micheal Jennings after a good offload from Mateo.

Scot Prince converted both tries for a 12 nil lead. PNG scored about 5 mins before half time with winger Mathew Puke toughing down in right hand corner. The conversion was missed so at half time it was 12-4.

The Aussies had a strong breeze behind them in the second half and after another 10 mins increased their lead with a try to Beau Ryan who celebrated with his doggies move which sent the crowd into a frenzy. Scot Prince converted and it was 18-4.

Five minutes later PNG hit back with a try to left winger Albert Patak. He scored after a cross field kick towards the waiting Uate was held up by the strong breeze. Patak accepted the ball, step past Uate and than had to much pace for Scot Prince to get in at the corner. The conversion was missed again by half back Isreal Eliab and the score stood at 18-8.

PNG scored again a few minutes later after a bomb between Boyd and Uate was left to bounce and PNG 2nd rower David Loko accepted the ball and stroll across to score. This time the conversion was successful and the Aussies led 18-14.

5 minutes before fulltime the crowd wen wild when right centre Richard Kambo finished of a good backline move by step in past Jennings and carying Darius Boyd with him to touch down at the right corner. Isreal Eliab missed the conversion again and the score was tied at 18 all.

A PNG mistake with a minute to go invited the Aust back into the PNG half and Uate score from at the left corner from a Scot Prince cross field on the last tackle. The fulltime siren sounded just as Scot Princes conversion sailed through the uprights and the game finished at 24-18 to the Aust PMXIII.

Try Scorers Aust- Mateo, Jennings, Ryan, Uate. Goals-Scot Prince 4/4
PNG-Puke, Patak, Loko, Kambo. Goals Isreal Eliab 1/4