What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG bid for NRL

Okay, so give us the link to the thread in the international section then. I'd love to read it. I don't know why you would be posting it there, though, when it is obviously more relevant in the NRL section...
Because it will have a major impact on the PNG national team and people in the international section aren't NRL-centric morons who can't see past the end of their nose.

But just for you I will tell you what the bid covers in summary.

It ensures the club will be financially viable and sustainable.
It ensures the NRL will gain financially.
It deals with the issue of player recruitment.
It deals with the issue of where they will play.
It deals with the issue of security for visiting teams/officials/media.

Basically all of the reasonable concerns a reasonable person might have about their bid. It is very detailed and well considered. But I won't go into any further detail because I don't want the ignorant fools who are happy to jump to conclusions without the facts to avoid looking stupid in the future. After totally writing PNG off without the facts they won't concede they were wrong anyway and will just make up additional excuses as to why it won't/can't happen - no matter how ridiculous they may be. There is little point engaging people who are willing to commit their opinion without even considering the details first. These people are not reasonable and no amount of detail and facts will be good enough.

BDGS

Bench

Prove each point.

juro

Bench
Because it will have a major impact on the PNG national team and people in the international section aren't NRL-centric morons who can't see past the end of their nose.

But just for you I will tell you what the bid covers in summary.

Basically all of the reasonable concerns a reasonable person might have about their bid. It is very detailed and well considered. But I won't go into any further detail because I don't want the ignorant fools who are happy to jump to conclusions without the facts to avoid looking stupid in the future. After totally writing PNG off without the facts they won't concede they were wrong anyway and will just make up additional excuses as to why it won't/can't happen - no matter how ridiculous they may be. There is little point engaging people who are willing to commit their opinion without even considering the details first. These people are not reasonable and no amount of detail and facts will be good enough.
I don't know about others but I don't want to be ignorant. I want to be informed. Please just point me to where you have discussed this in greater detail. If you need to keep it a secret and away from trolls, just PM me. I don't want to bash their bid. I just want to be informed!

nqcowboy87

Bench
dude im not questioning your commtimdent and passion, you have just about as much passion for this issue as papua new guineans have for rugby league, i remeber i was in namatani when i was 16 and we had about 150 odd people cram in to a shed to watch the 2004 world sevens, and the png games werent even televised. until you go to png and see first hand and talk to people who work there who arent snake oil salesman, but who have been in the trenches unfortuanetly you cant pass judgement. no ifs, buts or maybes about it. like i said before you wouldnt give a homeless man a ferrari in the hopes it would turn his life around

TheRam

Coach
Do you know how corrupt and shambolic most governments in Australia are? They can't get their priorities straight either. But if some foreigner tried to tell you we can't do something because they know better than we do you'd tell them to get f**ked because this is a sovereign nation and we are free people.

Oh really. Boy do you need to get some education. Contrary to popular belief, Australia hasn't been a sovereign nation and a free people since we gave our power to issue debt free money through the Commonwealth Bank away back around 1921-22.

Now the Reserve Bank has that power and the borrower, as we all know or should know, will always be subservant to the lender.

But hey, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Go back to sleep and have a nice day. It'll all be ok...no really.

TheRam

Coach
If you don't understand the democratic process I'm not going to explain it to you. So instead just think about this. Do the people of PNG support their government's decision to support a bid for an NRL team? That is all that is relevent.

Spot on. Who the heck are we to say yay or nay to anyone but our selves?

BDGS

Bench
I don't have to. It's all in the bid which will go to the NRL - not to some nuffy on a forum who is too stupid to wait for the facts before jumping to ridiculous conclusions.

I haven't jumped to any conclusions based on anything other then fact. I have followed all the bids for the last 18 months, from what i have seen from the PNG bid it is not ready to be apart of the NRL.

if you are privileged enough to know VIP information about this PNG to such an extent you are making such a fuss over, then put up, for the rest of us to discuss, or shut up.

Such a liar. No one said they are ready to play in the NRL dipshit. They are not even applying for this round of expansion. If you were as clued up as you pretend to be you'd know that.

BDGS

Bench
Such a liar. No one said they are ready to play in the NRL dipshit. They are not even applying for this round of expansion. If you were as clued up as you pretend to be you'd know that.

I knew they were aiming for this round of expansion, i also knew they started pre-talks with the QRL earlier this year. But in any case, we are all taking about who should be the next teams in the next round of expansion. What happens in other expansion rounds is a matter for that point in time, PNG are working on their bid for a future expansion window and that is nothing wrong with that, but for you to jump in here and call everyone idiots because we are saying that PNG won't get a team in the next expansion round is some of the funniest things i have read on this site.

Eels Dude

Coach
So if you admit they're not ready to apply for expansion at this stage what do you expect the NRL to do for them then?

No one said anything about THE NEXT round of expansion. This is a thread about the PNG bid. The bid has nothing to do with 2013. So if you're talking about 2013 you're just as big a genius as I suspected because that has NOTHING to do with this thread.

What it does do is show why you're so hell bent on deathriding PNG because we all know you're a big North Sydney fan and you troll every thread about other bids trying to discredit them, ala the Brisbane II thread. It's all clear now.

Last edited:
So if you admit they're not ready to apply for expansion at this stage what do you expect the NRL to do for them then?
I've already explained this several times. But once again you fail to read and comprehend virtually every post so I'm not surprised you missed it.

BDGS

Bench
No one said anything about THE NEXT round of expansion. This is a thread about the PNG bid. The bid has nothing to do with 2013. So if you're talking about 2013 you're just as big a genius as I suspected because that has NOTHING to do with this thread.

but but but but but but.

Careful what you say big boy,

I argued against it because in my research over the pass 18 months there is nothing that suggests to me that PNG will be ready for an NRL team in the close future.

You then say that people that argue against this bid don't know what they are talking about and are ignorant. Somebody then asked you to provide the information (that you surely have seen to be so confident in your opinion) and you don't provide it? Instead you lash out?

That shows a lot.

Either you are geniused and thinks the close future means in ten years time or so or you are wrong. The close future in regards to expansion bids means the next window. Anybody with any social skills knows that.

What it does do is show why you're so hell bent on bagging PNG off because we all know you're a big North Sydney fan and you troll every thread about other bids bagging them all off, ala the Brisbane II thread. It's all clear now.

Really? I wasn't aware that i trolled the WA Reds NRL bid thread. In fact i am actually a supporter of it.

As for Brisbane 2, i support the fact that Brisbane needs another NRL team in the near future. If you cared to properly read my post you would know that.

As for PNG, as i have said in another post in this very thread, when the PNG bid team can prove to the NRL they will be a success then they will get a team, just like any other bid team. The fact is, they are not realistically a chance for this bid window that everybody is saying they won't be ready for.

There only one poster that has said PNG should never get a team and that is Brutus. Everybody else is just saying not in this window.

Latest posts