What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG bid for NRL

Stupid logic yet again. The Central Coast Bears want their own team... but just because they want an NRL side there doesn't mean they can demand one.
The point is, people are trying to deny them on the basis that they shouldn't be spending their money on a team. I'm saying people have no right to tell them what they can and can't do. It's their choice and it's based on an overall plan to improve their country. Do you miss every single point?

Eels Dude

Coach
No, people here are saying "pfffft maybe in 30 years" and stupid crap like that. The bid is not for 2013. Never was. If you don't know that that's not my fault. No one in here mentioned anything about 2013 or 2014. I'm talking about the bid as it stands.

People are saying in in 30 years because it's going to take 30 years until that is realistic. Those of us saying that are thinking with common sense unlike you.

In the same token, who here has said PNG DEFINATELY don't deserve a team down the track?

I think you should forget "the bid" as you call it. No here at all is discussing the bid... we're all discussing PNG's worth to the NRL as a commodity.

you do realise how corrupt and shambolic the png government is, its not like a lwaless post apocylaptic wasteland, but they have a history of not having their priorities straight so i hardly think that we should put an nrl side because the government thinks so
Do you know how corrupt and shambolic most governments in Australia are? They can't get their priorities straight either. But if some foreigner tried to tell you we can't do something because they know better than we do you'd tell them to get f**ked because this is a sovereign nation and we are free people.

People are saying in in 30 years because it's going to take 30 years until that is realistic. Those of us saying that are thinking with common sense unlike you.

In the same token, who here has said PNG DEFINATELY don't deserve a team down the track?

I think you should forget "the bid" as you call it. No here at all is discussing the bid... we're all discussing PNG's worth to the NRL as a commodity.
Those of you who are saying it have no f**king idea. The bid provides for a viable and beneficial franchise that can be realised within the decade if the will from the NRL is there. Your 30 year estimate is based on nothing. It's a figure pulled out of thin air. The bid provides for a pathway that allows the club to be operational by the latter part of the decade if it is allowed to move forward. That's much more qualtifiable than pulling ridiculous random figures out of your arse.

Eels Dude

Coach
The point is, people are trying to deny them on the basis that they shouldn't be spending their money on a team. I'm saying people have no right to tell them what they can and can't do. It's their choice and it's based on an overall plan to improve their country. Do you miss every single point?

No-one is denying them anything. If they want to spend the cash to develop a bid good on them. But there are no guarentees. Better spent elsewhere IMO for just a bid. The Australian government spent 50 million dollars in a bid to win the 2022 Soccer World Cup but lost out. Would you like PNG to do the same?

BunniesMan

Immortal
That's all fine, but there are millions of people who live there who think its a good idea and that includes government ministers, business people and ex-pat Australians. What makes you right and them wrong? And more to the point what gives you the right to tell them they shouldn't bid for a team if they want one? They see the benefit to their country and they have put together a plan that benefits them, the NRL and RL in general.
Government ministers? You mean government ministers that are part of one of the most corrupt governments on the face of the planet. And business...who do you think feeds that corruption?

(in case you don't believe me, PNG is ranked 154 out of 178 countries for corruption...slight below Iran) http://www.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2010/results

They think it's a good idea do they? Well excuse me if most people have little faith in what they think is a good idea.

No-one is denying them anything. If they want to spend the cash to develop a bid good on them. But there are no guarentees. Better spent elsewhere IMO for just a bid. The Australian government spent 50 million dollars in a bid to win the 2022 Soccer World Cup but lost out. Would you like PNG to do the same?
As an Australian I would have the right to question my government's decision to spend that kind of money on that particular process. But I wouldn't have the right to tell PNG how to spend its money. But in any case they're not spending ridiculous amounts of money on the bid. They will be spending plenty of money realising the aims of the bid, but only if the bid is successful. You have to spend some money on a bid otherwise you don't have a bid and you don't get the thing your bidding for.

Eels Dude

Coach
Those of you who are saying it have no f**king idea. The bid provides for a viable and beneficial franchise that can be realised within the decade if the will from the NRL is there. Your 30 year estimate is based on nothing. It's a figure pulled out of thin air. The bid provides for a pathway that allows the club to be operational by the latter part of the decade if it is allowed to move forward. That's much more qualtifiable than pulling ridiculous random figures out of your arse.

FMD I've been using this site since I was a teenager and this has got to be the most pointless argument I've gotten into. You cannot even agree with yourself. You're like a dog that gets confused and starts running around in circles chasing it's own tail. But I will keep replying for others' amusement because I myself like a laugh sometime.

Government ministers? You mean government ministers that are part of one of the most corrupt governments on the face of the planet. And business...who do you think feeds that corruption?

(in case you don't believe me, PNG is ranked 154 out of 178 countries for corruption...slight below Iran) http://www.transparency.org/policy_research/surveys_indices/cpi/2010/results

They think it's a good idea do they? Well excuse me if most people have little faith in what they think is a good idea.
It doesn't matter what people think. They have no right to tell another country what to do. And to think you do is arrogance in the extreme.

Australia ranks number eight on that list. Do you think that means people from the seven countries above it can tell Australia what it should do and dismiss any decision this country makes? Because by your theory that's exactly what you're saying.

FMD I've been using this site since I was a teenager and this has got to be the most pointless argument I've gotten into. You cannot even agree with yourself. You're like a dog that gets confused and starts running around in circles chasing it's own tail. But I will keep replying for others' amusement because I myself like a laugh sometime.
You're the one who doesn't even know what you're arguing. You didn't even know the PNG bid wasn't for the 2013 expansion process. You don't even know that the international governing body of rugby league is called the Rugby League International Federation. You pluck figures out of your arse. You can't read and comprehend every single point I make, which actually makes you go around in circles. I know full well what my argument is. You don't seem to have any understanding at all. You're so easily confused it's ridiculous.

Eels Dude

Coach
As an Australian I would have the right to question my government's decision to spend that kind of money on that particular process. But I wouldn't have the right to tell PNG how to spend its money. But in any case they're not spending ridiculous amounts of money on the bid. They will be spending plenty of money realising the aims of the bid, but only if the bid is successful. You have to spend some money on a bid otherwise you don't have a bid and you don't get the thing your bidding for.

Oh is that so? I don't recall the federal goverment calling a referendum to decide whether we should make a bid for the World Cup or not...

How do you expect to question the Australian government personally? Ring parliament house and demand to speak to Julia Gillard? Good luck with that...

Eels Dude

Coach
You're the one who doesn't even know what you're arguing. You didn't even know the PNG bid wasn't for the 2013 expansion process. You don't even know that the international governing body of rugby league is called the Rugby League International Federation. You pluck figures out of your arse. You can't read and comprehend every single point I make, which actually makes you go around in circles. I know full well what my argument is. You don't seem to have any understanding at all. You're so easily confused it's ridiculous.

I'm seriously lost for words now I'll just leave you with this until I can work out how to stop shaking my head.

:crazy:

Oh is that so? I don't recall the federal goverment calling a referendum to decide whether we should make a bid for the World Cup or not...

How do you expect to question the Australian government personally? Ring parliament house and demand to speak to Julia Gillard? Good luck with that...
You're the one who brought up the soccer nonsense. The point is, as an Australian I have the right to have a say on what this country does. If you were from PNG you would have the right to have a say in what that country does. But you don't. This country's elected government chose to bid for the WC. PNG's elected government wants an NRL team. If the people of PNG don't like that decision they have the right to oppose it. But they don't oppose it, they support it.

Eels Dude

Coach
You're the one who brought up the soccer nonsense. The point is, as an Australian I have the right to have a say on what this country does. If you were from PNG you would have the right to have a say in what that country does. But you don't. This country's elected government chose to bid for the WC. PNG's elected government wants an NRL team. If the people of PNG don't like that decision they have the right to oppose it. But they don't oppose it, they support it.

FMD you're an idiot... SO what you're saying is if I don't agree with the Australian goverment's decision to bid for the World Cup I can somehow actively oppose it? Please explain what processes I can take to do this?

FMD you're an idiot... SO what you're saying is if I don't agree with the Australian goverment's decision to bid for the World Cup I can somehow actively oppose it? Please explain what processes I can take to do this?
If you don't understand the democratic process I'm not going to explain it to you. So instead just think about this. Do the people of PNG support their government's decision to support a bid for an NRL team? That is all that is relevent.

No It's called running out of patience. Please keep posting so you continue to make a fool of yourself.
More like running out of pointless, off-topic, irrelevent arguments. You've done well I'll grant you, you came up with a lot. But I guess you had to run out in the end.

Latest posts