What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG bid for NRL

I know what you are saying moron, you are talking about someting this is NOT RELEVENT to this thread. This thread is not and has never been about the 2013 expansion process. If you have come on here and started talking about that then you are a fool. And people have come on here and said "never" or "maybe in 30 years" so don't try and pretend that "everybody else" is just as stupid as you and are talking about 2013.

BDGS

Bench
I know what you are saying moron, you are talking about someting this is NOT RELEVENT to this thread. This thread is not and has never been about the 2013 expansion process. If you have come on here and started talking about that then you are a fool. And people have come on here and said "never" or "maybe in 30 years" so don't try and pretend that "everybody else" is just as stupid as you and are talking about 2013.

go ahead and quote the people that say "never". I bet all people who said that come in here and said that and hasn't posted again since or just to repeat themselves. AS for the people who say "maybe in 30 years" seem to be coming from people with knowledge of the area and that is their opinion, however they are not "denying PNG a team" as you have claimed time and time again.

Last point, to have a bid thread during a time where people are talking about the next expansion of Rugby League then it is only natural for people to discuss the next expansion window. If my points weren't/aren't relevant the moderators would of either deleted or moved those post.

That is assuming by "relevent" you did in fact mean "relevant".

You claim to know about the bid but you are arguing against it in 2013 even though it was not bidding for 2013. You have been shown up for the fool you are. Shown up.

And if you want to try and pick up people's English you better be ready to be shown up again, as a hypocrite. A few posts back you said they aren't ready to be "apart" of the NRL. Really? You clearly don't know the difference between "apart and a part". What a plonker.

Oh and another thing, why don't you explain how anyone with "social skills" knows "the near future" means the next couple of years but can't mean 10 years. And while you're at it explain how it would require "social skills" to know this.

BDGS

Bench
You claim to know about the bid but you are arguing against it in 2013 even though it was not bidding for 2013. You have been shown up for the fool you are. Shown up.

And if you want to try and pick up people's English you better be ready to be shown up again, as a hypocrite. A few posts back you said they aren't ready to be "apart" of the NRL. Really? You clearly don't know the difference between "apart and a part". What a plonker.

No, all i have been saying all along is that people haven't been arguing that PNG should never get a team. Yet, from those starting, you have ranted and raved about everything under the sun in relation to PNG then what it is actually about. Even accusing people of possessing what is known as "white man's burden".

Oh and another thing, why don't you explain how anyone with "social skills" knows "the near future" means the next couple of years but can't mean 10 years. And while you're at it explain how it would require "social skills" to know this.

1. I didn't say it couldn't mean that, i just pointed out that on this topic, a reasonable person would know how it is used.

2. Because you are displaying a lack of understanding for the simplest things.

BDGS

Bench
Is that way there is an article a few pages back that's headline is how 2015 (or 2014) is right for this bid.

nqcowboy87

Bench
well seeing as logic hasnt worked on you ill try something out of left field

bam!!

Low_dd072d3199f041a.jpg

you did mention several times the bid would be ready to go now:crazy:

Eels Dude

Coach
I almost hope the NRL rule out expanding to PNG altogether solely for the reason that it will shut this fool up.

clarency

Juniors
I've always been open to the idea of the PNG bid... everyone here has. I'm so tired of hearing "it's all in the bid" and "I'll only explain it to people who are worthy".

It's either:
1. You're completely bs'ing and just want attention, or
2. The bid detail is incredibly flimsy and you know that it will be torn apart once it is revealed.

While I would like to ask you to prove me wrong, frankly I am not going to waste my time listening to your "you're a troll who is against PNG!!!" rants.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
I think we can all agree that if this was based on fan support they would have about 6-8 teams already. If they got the security down, why not. Sport can do amazing things to a nation..

mikail-eagle

Bench
http://www.postcourier.com.pg/20110701/sport05.htm

Schoolboys program on

SCHOOLBOYS LEAGUE

The PNG NRL BID and the PNGRFL launched the nationwide junior development program yesterday, aimed at developing the youth of the nation through rugby league and education.
During the launching at the Holiday Inn, attended by Sports Minister Philemon Embel, PNGRFL interim chairman John Numapo, PNG NRL Bid CEO Brad Tassell assured passionate league administrators that their jobs would be made easier though the program with the NRL Bid supplying the equipment and the back to run it. Tassell said the National All Schools Junior Rugby League program had taken more than three months of development, planning and consultation across the country and was designed to deliver PNG with its first fully co-ordinated junior development program. Tassell said the consultation process had been extensive and the program was massive news for rugby league in PNG;
“Interim PNRFL chairman John Numapo approached us for our assistance in designing a
national program and we have consulted with the PNGRFL and designed the program, with their co-operation and full support.”
“We knew there were programs across the country run by some good people and other regions who were trying to start up their own competitions, however they had no assistance, direction, co-ordination or an avenue for talented young rugby league players in this country to learn and progress. You have to be able to provide kids with an opportunity and something to aim for and this program delivers both. My development manager Shane Morris and I felt that the best way to implement a program was to empower the zones throughout PNG with assistance through funding, equipment, coaches, referees, league safe training and a structured competition leading to zone and national championships. Talented individuals will then be chosen for development camps in PNG and with the Brisbane Broncos. We have also approached the Queensland Rugby League about a PNG side competing in the U16 and U18 State League competition in 2012.” Tassell thanked the existing sponsors of the Bid in Coca-Cola, Ela Motors, Inspac Insurance, Holiday Inn, Airlines PNG and the Post-Courier for their support.

The highlighted bit is something I have long advocated.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whose running the game in PNG at the moment? Is it still the Govt or has the PNGRL taken back over?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
http://www.postcourier.com.pg/20110701/sport05.htm

Schoolboys program on

SCHOOLBOYS LEAGUE

Talented individuals will then be chosen for development camps in PNG and with the Brisbane Broncos. We have also approached the Queensland Rugby League about a PNG side competing in the U16 and U18 State League competition in 2012.” Tassell thanked the existing sponsors of the Bid in Coca-Cola, Ela Motors, Inspac Insurance, Holiday Inn, Airlines PNG and the Post-Courier for their support.

The highlighted bit is something I have long advocated.
So it seems the $250000 (?) shorts sponsorship was worth something after all

Latest posts