What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG Kumuls v PMXIII

jim_57

Staff member
2vcuuyt.jpg

Seems if it was supposed to be a test Australia didn't get the message..

milton

Juniors
Should still be a competitive game. It is up to PNG now to beat this team then the Aussies might start to take this game a little more serious.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
The Aussie team is still described as the PM’s XIII and not the kangaroos. The kumuls could beat this side and hopefully they will.

kdalymc

Bench
When was it ever the kangaroos ya clowns.

Ps- are half them names made up? Who the f**k are these players

AJB1102

First Grade
When was it ever the kangaroos ya clowns.

Ps- are half them names made up? Who the f**k are these players

Reminds me the auto-filled rep sides in the early RL games where randomly generated players feature over actual players.

jim_57

Staff member
This side has never been the Kangaroos.

There were articles earlier suggesting this game now has test status with the RLIF. Which to me would have meant Kangaroos V Kumuls because PMXIII aren't a test team, it being played after the NRL season supported that theory.

It seems either.
A) Articles were BS
B) Australia didn't get the memo
C) RLIF is walking a dangerous path if they are going to call it a test.

thorson1987

Coach
There were articles earlier suggesting this game now has test status with the RLIF. Which to me would have meant Kangaroos V Kumuls because PMXIII aren't a test team, it being played after the NRL season supported that theory.

It seems either.
A) Article was BS
B)Australia didn't get the memo
C)RLIF is walking a dangerous path if they are going to call it a test.

I can only find 2 different articles on it and both come from PNG. Nothing at all from the RLIF

jim_57

Staff member
I can only find 2 different articles on it and both come from PNG. Nothing at all from the RLIF

The articles weren't the clearest so hopefully it isn't true it has been given test status. I would like to see it become a test but they need to actually select test sides if that's going to be the case.

mikail-eagle

Bench
Possible PNG lineup from the named Squad.

1. David Mead
2. Daniel Russell
3. Justin Olam
4. Nene McDonald
5. Edene Gabi
6. Lachlan Lam/Kyle Labutt
7. Watson Boas
8. Wellington Albert
9. James Segeyaro
10. Enoch Maki
11. Nixon Putt
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Stanton Albert

14. Tommy Butterfield
15. Moses Meninga
16. Willie Minoga
17. Rhadly Brawa

And James Segeyaro will probably keep the Captaincy.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Possible PNG lineup from the named Squad.

1. David Mead
2. Daniel Russell
3. Justin Olam
4. Nene McDonald
5. Edene Gabi
6. Lachlan Lam/Kyle Labutt
7. Watson Boas
8. Wellington Albert
9. James Segeyaro
10. Enoch Maki
11. Nixon Putt
12. Rhyse Martin
13. Stanton Albert

14. Tommy Butterfield
15. Moses Meninga
16. Willie Minoga
17. Rhadly Brawa

And James Segeyaro will probably keep the Captaincy.
Although I’ll be rooting for the kumuls I can’t say I’m too pleased that PNG are doing down the road of selecting heritage players. What’s the deal with laybutt and Russell and how do they qualify for the kumuls? Fair enough if their parents were born in PNG like a Alex Johnston or Lachlan lam type scenario but I’d just hate to see the kumuls pack their team/squad with heritage players at the expense of born and bred kumuls.

Also where’s junior Rau?

mikail-eagle

Bench
Although I’ll be rooting for the kumuls I can’t say I’m too pleased that PNG are doing down the road of selecting heritage players. What’s the deal with laybutt and Russell and how do they qualify for the kumuls? Fair enough if their parents were born in PNG like a Alex Johnston or Lachlan lam type scenario but I’d just hate to see the kumuls pack their team/squad with heritage players at the expense of born and bred kumuls.

Also where’s junior Rau?

Laybutt and Russell's parents were both born in PNG.

A few key players missing from last test include Hunters captain Ase Boas and Junior Rau.

Ase didn't recovery properly from an injury during the World Cup last year and I think they rushed him back a little too early when the Hunters were struggling at the start of the season.

He seemed to have been running on one leg the last part of the season.

Junior Rau on the other hand got himself a 1 game suspension from their last game against the CQ Capras. He would have been selected if not for the suspension. He will serve the suspension by missing this game.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Laybutt and Russell's parents were both born in PNG.

A few key players missing from last test include Hunters captain Ase Boas and Junior Rau.

Ase didn't recovery properly from an injury during the World Cup last year and I think they rushed him back a little too early when the Hunters were struggling at the start of the season.

He seemed to have been running on one leg the last part of the season.

Junior Rau on the other hand got himself a 1 game suspension from their last game against the CQ Capras. He would have been selected if not for the suspension. He will serve the suspension by missing this game.
Thanks ME. That’s good to hear about the parental links to PNG for laybutt and russell. Very unfortunate for Ase Boas and junior Rau but they’ll be back.

Have PNG given up on gela-mosby and Johnston??

mikail-eagle

Bench
The PNGRFL is waiting on Johnston and De Belin. They may be added to the squad if they make themselves available.

Gela Mosbi on the other hand is finding it difficult to prove his eligibility. His parents don't have the documents that can prove their connection to PNG.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
The PNGRFL is waiting on Johnston and De Belin. They may be added to the squad if they make themselves available.

Gela Mosbi on the other hand is finding it difficult to prove his eligibility. His parents don't have the documents that can prove their connection to PNG.
Ok. Thanks ME.

The kumuls should go close to pushing this Aussie side close and maybe even winning it. I’ll say the kumuls Will either be within 4 points of Aussie or might sneak a draw.

Coastbloke

Bench
I'm thinking a comfortable win for the PMXIII over the Kumuls around 30-12.
Bit frustrating that given PNG's domestic comp and proximity to Oz when you compare to NZ, PNG should be close to Tier 1 by now..