What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Canard

Immortal
I just hope V'landys gets a written contract from Albo guaranteeing funding for 20+ years. Of all the expansion bids, PNG opens up the best opportunity to grow the game at international level.

Yes won't it really grow Rugby League by seeing Australia dominate one of the poorest nations on earth.

It will really drive TV ratings and sponsor dollars.

Id say a NZ2 focused on developing the game in Fiji, Tonga and Samoa would more than PNG. IF we could get those three nations up to speed with NZ and Aus, and England from time to time, it would be massive to have 6 nations who could actually regularly compete with each other. PNG would be nice as well but that would take decades and may never get there as its likely there still wouldn't be enough top PNG talent spread across the comp. to make them tier 1 competitive. PNG remind me of France.
PNG and Fiji are more likely than Samoa and Tonga to produce local juniors. Samoa and Tonga will forever rely on expatriates who were raised in Australia and New Zealand.

Colk

First Grade
Brisbane Tigers + North Sydney Bears = East Coast Bears

Brisbane Tigers have the location and facilities but lack a marketable brand.

North Sydney Bears have a great brand but lack a location and facilities.

The two clubs compliment one another as the East Coast Bears.

The new entity could share its home games between Brisbane and Central Coast. The more games played in Brisbane and the Central Coast the better.

You might want to wipe this from your memory when you are criticising other people for stupid ideas.

Colk

First Grade
I wasn't, its not a bad idea at all, trouble is they both cover areas that are already somewhat serviced by the NRL clubs already, so another location would be better, but these clubs are both in need of each others help

No it is a really bad idea mate. People have got to stop coming up with these ideas when you are trying to be everything for everybody. It just doesn’t work

I wasn't, its not a bad idea at all, trouble is they both cover areas that are already somewhat serviced by the NRL clubs already, so another location would be better, but these clubs are both in need of each others help
The only way Easts can retain their identity at NRL level is by calling themselves East Coast. Bears cannot be North Sydney. East Coast Bears allows both clubs to retain some of their identity. Unfortunately, it's unlikely either club would agree to it. The backlash from the public would be massive.

No it is a really bad idea mate. People have got to stop coming up with these ideas when you are trying to be everything for everybody. It just doesn’t work
It's no dumber than advocating for teams in Adelaide and Perth. We all know the NRL won't provide them with the assistance they need to succeed.

Colk

First Grade
It's no dumber than advocating for teams in Adelaide and Perth. We all know the NRL won't provide them with the assistance they need to succeed.

No it’s a lot worse. This club would represent nobody. It’s neither another Brisbane side (which you so desperately want) nor it is a Central Coast team. Why would anybody in either of these regions support a side that doesn’t actually represent them.

If you want to know what such a side would look have a look at the Warriors during COVID

Perth Red

Post Whore
PNG should have partnered with Easts, at least the license could then move to Qlnd when this folly falls in a big heap and Easts could have kept some support for PNG development going.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Meanwhile Perth will be begging norths or Newtown for a link up
clearly not, given we turned Bears away lol.
A partnership with at least one, maybe even two second tier east coast clubs is inevitable and needed. I look forward to seeing who we end up with and what the partnership looks like, if ever given the chance.

Wb1234

Immortal
clearly not, given we turned Bears away lol.
A partnership with at least one, maybe even two second tier east coast clubs is inevitable and needed. I look forward to seeing who we end up with and what the partnership looks like, if ever given the chance.
Yeh png don’t need any partnerships

Latest posts