What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

clearly not, given we turned Bears away lol.
A partnership with at least one, maybe even two second tier east coast clubs is inevitable and needed. I look forward to seeing who we end up with and what the partnership looks like, if ever given the chance.
Do you not see the irony of Perth needing to link up with a traditional NSWRL/BRL club?

You've heaped so much shit on the BRL and NSWRL over the years. Your double standards and entitlement complex makes me hope Perth never gets a team in your lifetime.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do you not see the irony of Perth needing to link up with a traditional NSWRL/BRL club?

You've heaped so much shit on the BRL and NSWRL over the years. Your double standards and entitlement complex makes me hope Perth never gets a team in your lifetime.
No I see it as a logical step to strengthening the club

No one gives a sht what you want or dont want, havent you figured that out yet?

Maximus

Coach
Australia has extended multiple loans and grants to Papua New Guinea worth billions of dollars to help support its budget bottom line and develop its infrastructure, and last year the two nations struck a security pact which will see Canberra plough a further $200 million into developing PNG's police force and judiciary.

Mr Marape said PNG's leaders had to deal with a vast and inaccessible landscape, widespread illiteracy and a large and hugely diverse population.

"As I visit you today, I ask you — do not give up on Papua New Guinea," the prime minister said.

"We have always bounced back from our low moments and we will continue to grow, learning from every low moments and every high moments."

Mr Marape has repeatedly spoken about the critical need to expand PNG's economic base and cut its dependency on development assistance, and he struck a similar theme this morning.

"Papua New Guinea must not continue to be an aid grant receiving nation, a nation that is borrowing every year to survive," he told the joint sitting.

"We must become a strong country standing on our own two feet economically independent and strong so we too can help Australia maintain democracy, preserve peace and ensure stability in our part of planet Earth, in our Pacific."

Of course the best way to help them become independent and not be borrowing every year, is to spend money on elite sportspeople based in Australia.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Maybe someone should ask him where all the $billions spent on them so far has gone and why they are no nearer being what he claims they want to be? Hmmm.

final say

Juniors
Quite the opposite, the NRL wasn't so much as even mentioned today by Marape.

You would think if it was in any way imminent it would have been.
It is interesting how 2 parties that have no decision making power at the NRL have spoken today and that makes them a sure thing.

No I see it as a logical step to strengthening the club

Thanks for confirming you're an idiot and a massive hypocrite.

You don't want any BRL clubs in the NRL, but you want one to prop up a weak and poor team from Perth that has no fans and little money?

If Perth is so great then do it on own.

Stop expecting the people you bag off to prop up your idiotic expansion fantasy.

No one gives a sht what you want or dont want, havent you figured that out yet?

Do you not see the irony of you making this statement?

You've been whinging about Perth not having a team for at least 12 years!

No one in the ARLC cares about your opinion on expansion.

Insanity is doing the same thing and hoping for a different result. Keep on whinging. It's funny.

Canard

Immortal
Australian Olympic Committee president Ian Chesterman has supported calls to scrap the proposed Gabba redevelopment for the 2032

Yeh, PNG is D.E.A.D.

This ain't the political climate to be announcing vanity projects.

Perth Red

Post Whore
If the WA Gov was funding a Perth-based NRL team he would be happy.

It's as if V'landys and Albo hate Perth Red's guts so much they're willing to do this just to wind him up.
Literally still living in your head!
Thanks for confirming you're an idiot and a massive hypocrite.

You don't want any BRL clubs in the NRL, but you want one to prop up a weak and poor team from Perth that has no fans and little money?

If Perth is so great then do it on own.

Stop expecting the people you bag off to prop up your idiotic expansion fantasy.

Do you not see the irony of you making this statement?

You've been whinging about Perth not having a team for at least 12 years!

No one in the ARLC cares about your opinion on expansion.

Insanity is doing the same thing and hoping for a different result. Keep on whinging. It's funny.
png stick on topic

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yeh, PNG is D.E.A.D.

This ain't the political climate to be announcing vanity projects.
you overestimate politicians! They honestly believe funding an NRl club in PNG will stop Chinas influence in the pacific. I mean if that is what they believe then you cant put anything past them when it comes to throwing our money around like confetti.

Perth Red

Post Whore
This whole thing is fascinating.
Albo can say what he wants because it's not his call.
Vlandy wantst the $'s. His poor tv deal put him in a shady spot and he has to play catch up on AFL revenue. if Govt throw him enough coin he will grab it, regardless if its the best thing for the game in Australia (which is all he's mandated to focus on) long term.

Latest posts