What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Colk

First Grade
No

do you find it strange the feds are spending money propping up the fiji rugby union side for the same reasons !

The amount that they are spending on the Fijian side (not that I think either is a good idea) absolutely pales in comparison to what is being suggested here

Colk

First Grade
Thanks for confirming you're an idiot and a massive hypocrite.

You don't want any BRL clubs in the NRL, but you want one to prop up a weak and poor team from Perth that has no fans and little money?

If Perth is so great then do it on own.

Stop expecting the people you bag off to prop up your idiotic expansion fantasy.

Do you not see the irony of you making this statement?

You've been whinging about Perth not having a team for at least 12 years!

No one in the ARLC cares about your opinion on expansion.

Insanity is doing the same thing and hoping for a different result. Keep on whinging. It's funny.

To be frank you are both whinging, being idiotic and you’re both hypocritical. There you are settled your argument for you both.

Colk

First Grade
Yeh, PNG is D.E.A.D.

This ain't the political climate to be announcing vanity projects.

I wouldn’t say that it is dead at all. Now you or I might disagree with a PNG side but nobody knows what is going to happen and we are all projecting a little

Canard

Immortal
I wouldn’t say that it is dead at all. Now you or I might disagree with a PNG side but nobody knows what is going to happen and we are all projecting a little
Of course it's my opinion. Yes.

Is my opinion that in times of austerity, splurges on non-essential policies are unlikely.

Wb1234

Immortal
The amount that they are spending on the Fijian side (not that I think either is a good idea) absolutely pales in comparison to what is being suggested here

So it’s not the principle of it just the amount ? Lol

Colk

First Grade
So it’s not the principle of it just the amount ? Lol

Did you actually read what I wrote - (not that I think either is a good idea)

No, I don’t think a side that couldn’t live without government money is a good idea. That’s because I don’t trust politicians to not can an idea if it was found that they were going to lose their jobs over it. Never back against self interest.

Wb1234

Immortal

First paragraph implies it’s ok because the amount is smaller

final say

Juniors
Vlandy wantst the $'s. His poor tv deal put him in a shady spot and he has to play catch up on AFL revenue. if Govt throw him enough coin he will grab it, regardless if its the best thing for the game in Australia (which is all he's mandated to focus on) long term.
He has to play catch up on AFL revenue??
So we're going to have a team in PNG because AFL?
That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

Perth Red

Post Whore
He has to play catch up on AFL revenue??
So we're going to have a team in PNG because AFL?
That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
It’s actually a reason lol. Vlandys need to find revenue as hes had his pants pulled down. He wouldnt be considering png if the govt wasnt throwing him silly money.

Says the guy who won't support a team unless it's located in his suburb, but expects other people to support one across the other side of the country.
You're trotting out this lie again.

Get a life.

I challenged you to find a post of me saying I want a team based in Rochedale South. You haven't been able to find one.

Since when are the Cowboys based in Rochedale South?

Perth Red supports the Storm, BTW.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
you overestimate politicians! They honestly believe funding an NRl club in PNG will stop Chinas influence in the pacific. I mean if that is what they believe then you cant put anything past them when it comes to throwing our money around like confetti.
TBF, the ones that matter don't believe that it'll stop China's influence in the Pacific or PNG, only that it'll help slow down China's increasing influence in PNG. Either way they're wrong.

PNG will continue to play both sides until it blows up in their face, because that's what almost all people do in these situations. Other pacific nations will see what PNG, and others, have done and come demanding extravagant gifts themselves. You can't fight human nature.

Vlad59

Bench
Interesting thread. There is no $600 million government outlay for this proposal. Andrew Hill has made the absolutely clear. The proposed team’s funding is part of a $600 million package. Without seeing what is proposed the thread is merely speculation a lot of which is based on irrational prejudices both ways. I have no idea whether this will work because I don’t know what it is yet. In the mean time speculate away.

MugaB

Coach
Interesting thread. There is no $600 million government outlay for this proposal. Andrew Hill has made the absolutely clear. The proposed team’s funding is part of a $600 million package. Without seeing what is proposed the thread is merely speculation a lot of which is based on irrational prejudices both ways. I have no idea whether this will work because I don’t know what it is yet. In the mean time speculate away.
Speculation aside, they are definitely going to be team 18, if not 19 or 20, its all a matter of what sums the bid party are needing vs what govt is willing to pay and when... govt Speculation from the media says 60mil per year for a decade for PNG, Andrew hill says probably don't need that much, and also sources santos and coke as prospective sponsorship, plus thats not including any other big business in that region, and if thats all true, no reason PNG aren't the next team off the rank, then its a matter of who left t take on another area thats not serviced or serviced enough for the arlc's liking... personally I've said bears should be looking to become Vic2 or Sa
and Perth should link with someone to bolster them as no.20

Vlad59

Bench
Speculation aside, they are definitely going to be team 18, if not 19 or 20, its all a matter of what sums the bid party are needing vs what govt is willing to pay and when... govt Speculation from the media says 60mil per year for a decade for PNG, Andrew hill says probably don't need that much, and also sources santos and coke as prospective sponsorship, plus thats not including any other big business in that region, and if thats all true, no reason PNG aren't the next team off the rank, then its a matter of who left t take on another area thats not serviced or serviced enough for the arlc's liking... personally I've said bears should be looking to become Vic2 or Sa
and Perth should link with someone to bolster them as no.20
I’d like the Bears to go away. The rest sounds fine to me

Latest posts