What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

MugaB

Coach

The Great Dane

First Grade
Interesting thread. There is no $600 million government outlay for this proposal. Andrew Hill has made the absolutely clear. The proposed team’s funding is part of a $600 million package. Without seeing what is proposed the thread is merely speculation a lot of which is based on irrational prejudices both ways. I have no idea whether this will work because I don’t know what it is yet. In the mean time speculate away.
I'm sorry but saying PNG can't sustain an NRL side isn't 'irrational prejudice'.

Neither is saying that government funding is unreliable, or that there'd be little public support for such a project in the current climate.

A PNG NRL side would be nothing more than an unsustainable vanity project for a relative handful of elites, and it'd only be a matter of time before it bit the NRL in the arse.

Wb1234

Immortal
I'm sorry but saying PNG can't sustain an NRL side isn't 'irrational prejudice'.

Neither is saying that government funding is unreliable, or that there'd be little public support for such a project in the current climate.

A PNG NRL side would be nothing more than an unsustainable vanity project for a relative handful of elites, and it'd only be a matter of time before it bit the NRL in the arse.
Dolphins says hello

Vlad59

Bench

Agree to disagree

Canard

Immortal
PNG will be sustainable because the guy leading the bid, says they will be?

Relying solely on the whims of govt and corporate sponsorship has no risk associated with it at all.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Agree to disagree
You can't defend your position, so you're going to baselessly accuse your opposition of being prejudiced and pretend you're enlightened by hiding behind agreeing to disagree.

So yeah, there's no need for me to agree to disagree when you're so plainly wrong.

Iamback

Coach
The amount that they are spending on the Fijian side (not that I think either is a good idea) absolutely pales in comparison to what is being suggested here

Need to see where the funding goes. If it goes to areas outside of the NRL team then it is fine

Take the plan to get PNG a national road network, Speeding that up would help both the NRL side and PNG as a whole.

So too updating a couple of schools to improve training facilities

Bukowski

Juniors
Small country yes but a bigger population than RL's other options for expansion
It's gonna be a Port Moresby club seeing as its cut off from the rest of the country. 400k mostly poor people. Perth is 2 mill.
Unless Perth can claim the rest of the country too.

Iamback

Coach
It's gonna be a Port Moresby club seeing as its cut off from the rest of the country. 400k mostly poor people. Perth is 2 mill.
Unless Perth can claim the rest of the country too.

Except the ad was posted to hire 4 new talent coaches/scouts to work in various other regions.

So it would be more than Port Moresby although that is where most of the action will be from

Canard

Immortal
Need to see where the funding goes. If it goes to areas outside of the NRL team then it is fine

Take the plan to get PNG a national road network, Speeding that up would help both the NRL side and PNG as a whole.

So too updating a couple of schools to improve training facilities
That's a decades long piece of work, and literally billions, if not trillions of dollars of work.

Latest posts