What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PNG's back.

Canard

Immortal
Png would be more like putting the broncos in the nrl
alison brie weed GIF

Captain Patrick Logan.

Logan had a distinguished military career. He was known as a strict commandant of the penal colony to the point of cruelty. Logan made significant explorations of what was to become known as South East Queensland. He was the first white person to visit the area which became Ipswich, Queensland and some consider him to be the founder of Queensland.

854EDAF0-227D-4F22-BB3A-CAE7ED47F32E.jpeg

Brisbane Broncos.
Moreton Bay Dolphins
Logan Jets?

MugaB

Coach
Captain Patrick Logan.

Logan had a distinguished military career. He was known as a strict commandant of the penal colony to the point of cruelty. Logan made significant explorations of what was to become known as South East Queensland. He was the first white person to visit the area which became Ipswich, Queensland and some consider him to be the founder of Queensland.

View attachment 84161

Brisbane Broncos.
Moreton Bay Dolphins
Logan Jets?
I dont care lol
videotogif_2022.12.24_01.05.33.gif

Canard

Immortal
Getting defined as a "City" by the Local Government Act is like winning 3rd prize in a Air Guitar competition.

Warwick and Thuringowa were also defined as Cities by the same definition.

Warwick's population is less then the average NRL crowd average.

Canard

Immortal
V'landys states that PNG will be based in PNG, not Australia. I would assume the Feds said no to Australian based idea.

So much for the LU intelligencia and Cairns.

For those that said I was only against it because of the impact on the Cowboys.

I still think it's a f**king stoopppid idea

mongoose

Coach
V'landys states that PNG will be based in PNG, not Australia. I would assume the Feds said no to Australian based idea.

The issue is that no one outside of PNG except for maybe some desperate fringe first graders will play for them. Surely V'landys and other decision makers know this?

Perth Red

Post Whore

Vlandys will say whatever he needs to in that moment, he was at a Cowboys event, no surprise he backed off cairns. The logistics of basing the team in Port Moresby is huge and unless they get some serious cap concessions the chances of them being able to build a competitive team is slim to none for many years. If they built png pathways for next 8-10 years then maybe it could work As it will need at least a 80% local png player team you’d think.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Cowboys can breathe a sigh of relief as rugby league’s chief powerbroker Peter V’landys allayed fears the next NRL expansion team would be on the club’s doorstep.
The ARL Commission chairman made it clear that the NRL would push for its second international team in Papua New Guinea but revealed his strong preference that the club would be based on the other side of the Torres Strait.
With no firm time frame on expansion, V’landys said it would take two to three years to set up the necessary infrastructure to base a team in the rugby league-mad nation.
The ARL Commission chairman spoke at the North Queensland Cowboys season launch on Friday, using the platform to reveal the NRL’s desire to grow the game internationally.
V’landys allayed any fears that the team would be based in Far North Queensland, and potentially leach off the resources and rich talent pool of the Cowboys.
“There was no secret that the Australian government is concerned about Papua New Guinea and the importance in Australia’s security and the soft diplomacy about getting a team into Papua New Guinea,” V’landys said.
“To my surprise when I started looking at all this, there’s 18 million people in Papua New Guinea and they love rugby league. There’s discussion as to where the team would be based and we’re starting to lean to base it in Papua New Guinea – build some infrastructure there, build housing, build everything.
“We’re exploring all options, and naturally there’s an opportunity to base them in Australia. “But the more I think about it the more I think they may be better based in Papua New Guinea.

“Justin Olam came out and said the other day you’re only going to be successful if you’re based in Papua New Guinea. That way they’re going to have that support from the local communities and I think you might get more success by having them there.”
The messaging out of rugby league headquarters would be music to the ears of Cowboys supporters, with the club fearful a potential PNG side based in neighbouring Cairns would be at the detriment of the ‘locally-owned’ Cowboys.
V’landys cautioned against rushing expansion but said PNG could be the logical 18th team with the financial backing of the Australian Government
“You just can’t go into Papua New Guinea and expect to be successful,” he said. “It’s got a long way to go but that is our preferred option at the moment and the Australian government is prepared to invest substantial money into that.”

DIOGENES

Juniors
Captain Patrick Logan.

Logan had a distinguished military career. He was known as a strict commandant of the penal colony to the point of cruelty. Logan made significant explorations of what was to become known as South East Queensland. He was the first white person to visit the area which became Ipswich, Queensland and some consider him to be the founder of Queensland.​

View attachment 84161

Brisbane Broncos.
Moreton Bay Dolphins
Logan Jets?
Logan was a complete prick - the convicts eventually killed him but blamed the aborigines.
He is the subject of the classic song “Moreton Bay”

Like the Egyptians and ancient Hebrews
We were oppressed under Logan's yoke
'Til a native black lying bare in ambush
Did deal our tyrant with his mortal stroke

My fellow prisoners be exhilarated
Let all such monsters like death shall find
And when from bondage we're extricated
Our former suffering will fade from mind

Logan was a complete prick - the convicts eventually killed him but blamed the aborigines.
He is the subject of the classic song “Moreton Bay”

Like the Egyptians and ancient Hebrews
We were oppressed under Logan's yoke
'Til a native black lying bare in ambush
Did deal our tyrant with his mortal stroke

My fellow prisoners be exhilarated
Let all such monsters like death shall find
And when from bondage we're extricated
Our former suffering will fade from mind

He might have been a prick, but he played a key role in maintaining the Moreton Bay Settlement and discovered much of southern Brisbane.

mongoose

Coach
Pete has weird grasp of numbers.

PNG 18 Million? Not even close.

Bears 200k members??? Nope
He must have went to the same school as wb1234, just throw a random number out there and hope it sticks. Pete probably knows News journos will run with whatever bs he feeds them.

Latest posts