What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pommeroy????

fizzgig

Juniors
Crikey, we have found the new forum King!

Crikey!, Facts Only and now Pommez.

If Pom has one thing to answer for it is creating enough Pom-hate for these three (one?) to search out the LU forums over the past month.

Their dribble will let them surpass my massive post count in minutes... :p

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Blah Blah Blah... Heard it all before from muppets...

Have a look at the missed tackle percentages on him and then compare it to points scored..

i think it was Melb he had a shocker 5 missed tackles 5 tries.

Also average centres/winger know when to come in and not it is easier for the inside defence to get to the inside guys then if pom comes and takes 3 in which means the scrambles have to run an extra player..

Whilst ever poms is in the side we will never win a grand final. Gaurantee

I got an idea. Let's do a comparison. Pom vs lets say, Carney.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Blah Blah Blah... Heard it all before from muppets...

Have a look at the missed tackle percentages on him and then compare it to points scored..

i think it was Melb he had a shocker 5 missed tackles 5 tries.

Also average centres/winger know when to come in and not it is easier for the inside defence to get to the inside guys then if pom comes and takes 3 in which means the scrambles have to run an extra player..

Whilst ever poms is in the side we will never win a grand final. Gaurantee
All of Pomeroy's games this year
Round 4 v Dragons - Pomeroy had 3 of Sharks 20 missed tackles, Dragons scored 25 points (4 tries). Most missed tackles for Sharks: Lewis 4, Robson, Tagatese & Pomeroy 3
Round 5 v Eels - Pomeroy had 4 of Sharks 21 missed tackles. Eels scored 13 points (2 tries). Most missed tackles for Sharks: Pomeroy 4, Townsend, Lewis 3
Round 6 v Manly - Pomeroy had 2 of Sharks 24 missed tackles. Manly scored 25 points (5 tries). Most missed tackles for Sharks: Mills 4, Graham 3
Round 7 v Bulldogs - Pomeroy had 2 of Sharks 27 missed tackles. Bulldogs scored 24 points (4 tries). Most missed tackles for Sharks: Lewis 4, Graham, Stapleton, Ryan, Carney, Robson 3.
Round 8 v Knights - Pomeroy had 3 of Sharks 30 missed tackles. Knights scored 20 points (3 tries). Most missed tackles for Sharks: Robson 5, Graham, Heighington 4
Round 9 v Tigers - Pomeroy had 1 of Sharks 18 missed tackles. Tigers scored 6 points (1 try). Most missed tackles for Sharks: Graham 5, DeGois 3.
Round 10 v Raiders - Pomeroy had 2 of Sharks 31 missed tackles. Raiders scored 20 points (4 tries). Most missed tackles for Sharks: Carney 9, Bukuya 5.
Round 11 v Souths - Pomeroy had 3 of Sharks 22 missed tackles. Souths scored 12 points (2 tries). Most missed tackles for Sharks: Graham 6, Robson & Pomeroy 3.
Round 13 v Storm - Pomeroy had 3 of Sharks 35 missed tackles. Melbourne scored 38 points (7 tries). Most missed tackles for Sharks: Robson 7, Gordon, Carney, Graham 4.
Round 14 v Eels - Pomeroy had 4 of Sharks 21 missed tackles. Eels scored 14 points (2 tries). Most missed tackles for Sharks: Pomeroy 4, Lewis 3.
Round 16 v Cowboys - Pomeroy had 3 of Sharks 35 missed tackles. Cowboys scored 24 points (4 tries). Most missed tackles for Sharks: Carney 11, Lewis 5.
Round 20 v Penrith - Pomeroy had 1 of Sharks 17 missed tackles. Penrith scored 10 points (2 tries). Most missed tackles for Sharks: Carney & Robson 3, Gordon, Stapleton, Morris & Heighington 2.
Round 21 v Warriors - Pomeroy had 2 of the Sharks 19 missed tackles. Warriors scored 14 points (3 tries). Most missed tackles for Sharks: Graham 3, Feki, Pomeroy, Carney, Bukuya & Gallen 2.

Card Shark

Immortal
Interesting reading.

If it was in % of tackles missed, it would paint a worse picture for him I'd imagine.

I'd also like to see the opposite - tackle busts. You'd hope he'd be breaking more tackles than he's missing.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Serious question. Is a missed tackle where the defender lays hands on the attacker and fails to make the tackle (ie a break is made) or does it include a missread where an attacker runs through a hole created by a bad defence read untouched? I suspect i know the answer and this is where the problem might emerge. Pom hurts in defence but if he misscalculates holes appear. But that said it happens all over the field as well not just his side. I for one am glad he has his mojo back. Watch him become our go to man for the rest of the season. BTW hear what the Matty Johns called him last night "The Pharoe of Fumbles" ....bwawahahhahah

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Round 4 v Dragons:
Pomeroy 14 tackles, 3 missed. 5 1on1 tackles. His winger was J.Wright who made 1 tackle, 0 missed, 0 1on1 tackles.
Round 5 v Eels:
Pomeroy 12 tackles, 4 missed, 1 1on1 tackle. His winger was Stapleton who made 5 tackles, 0 missed, 0 1on1 tackles.
Round 6 v Manly:
Pomeroy made 16 tackles, missed 2, 0 1on1 tackles. His winger was Stapleton who made 2 tackles, 2 missed tackles, 0 1on1 tackles.
Round 7 v Bulldogs:
Pomeroy made 9 tackles, 2 missed, 3 1on1 tackles. His winger was Stapleton who made 1 tackle, 3 missed, 0 1on1 tackles.
Round 8 v Knights:
Pomeroy made 13 tackles, 3 missed, 1 1on1 tackle. His winger was Feki who made 3 tackles, 1 missed, 0 1on1 tackles.
Round 9 v Tigers:
Pomeroy made 11 tackles, 1 missed, 0 1on1 tackles. His winger was Feki who made 0 tackles, 1 missed, 0 1on1 tackles.
Round 10 v Raiders:
Pomeroy made 20 tackles, 2 missed, 5 1on1 tackles. His winger was Feki who made 6 tackles, 0 missed, 1 1on1 tackle.
Round 11 v Souths:
Pomeroy made 17 tackles, 3 missed, 0 1on1 tackles. His winger was Feki who made 5 tackles, 0 missed, 1 1on1 tackle.
Round 13 v Storm:
Pomeroy made 16 tackles, 3 missed, 3 1on1 tackles. His winger was Feki who made 6 tackles, 0 missed, 2 1on1 tackles.
Round 14 v Eels:
Pomeroy made 17 tackles, 4 missed, 1 1on1 tackles. His winger was Feki who made 3 tackles, 1 missed, 0 1on1 tackles
Round 16 v Cowboys:
Pomeroy made 17 tackles, 3 missed, 2 1on1 tackles. His winger was Feki who made 6 tackles, 2 missed, 0 1on1 tackles
Round 20 v Penrith:
Pomeroy made 17 tackles, 1 missed, 1 1on1 tackles. His winger was Feki who made 3 tackles, 0 missed, 0 1on1 tackles
Round 21 v Warriors:
Pomeroy made 8 tackles, 2 missed, 0 1on1 tackles. His winger was Feki who made 5 tackles, 2 missed, 0 1on1 tackles (3 of his tackles and 2 of his missed tackles were after Pomeroy left the field)

The purpose of this is to show how well Pomeroy protects and defensively helps his winger

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Serious question. Is a missed tackle where the defender lays hands on the attacker and fails to make the tackle (ie a break is made) or does it include a missread where an attacker runs through a hole created by a bad defence read untouched? I suspect i know the answer and this is where the problem might emerge. Pom hurts in defence but if he misscalculates holes appear. But that said it happens all over the field as well not just his side. I for one am glad he has his mojo back. Watch him become our go to man for the rest of the season. BTW hear what the Matty Johns called him last night "The Pharoe of Fumbles" ....bwawahahhahah
Missed tackles are where a tackle attempt has been avoided (fended off, stepped, slipping out of a tackle, running through a hole created by a player rushing up, things like that)

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting reading.

If it was in % of tackles missed, it would paint a worse picture for him I'd imagine.

I'd also like to see the opposite - tackle busts. You'd hope he'd be breaking more tackles than he's missing.

Round 4 - Tackle Breaks 0. Line Breaks 0. Missed Tackles 3
Round 5 - Tackle Breaks 1. Line Breaks 0. Missed Tackles 3
Round 6 - Tackle Breaks 2. Line Breaks 0. Missed Tackles 2. Try Assists 1.
Round 7 - Tackle Breaks 8. Line Breaks 2. Missed Tackles 2
Round 8 - Tackle Breaks 1. Line Breaks 0. Missed Tackles 3
Round 9 - Tackle Breaks 1. Line Breaks 0. Missed Tackles 1
Round 10 - Tackle Breaks 4. Line Breaks 2. Missed Tackles 2. Try Assists 1.
Round 11 - Tackle Breaks 1. Line Breaks 0. Missed Tackles 3
Round 13 - Tackle Breaks 4. Line Breaks 0. Missed Tackles 3
Round 14 - Tackle Breaks 1. Line Breaks 0. Missed Tackles 4
Round 16 - Tackle Breaks 0. Line Breaks 0. Missed Tackles 3
Round 20 - Tackle Breaks 3. Line Breaks 1. Missed Tackles 1. Try Assists 1.
Round 21 - Tackle Breaks 2. Line Breaks 1. Missed Tackles 2. Try Assists 1.

Total - Tackle Breaks 28, Line Breaks 6, Missed Tackles 32, Try Assists 4

Crikey!!!!

Juniors
177 tackles made, 32 missed.

18% of tackles missed.

Approx 2 in every 10

The underlining problem is in his position it general leeds to points.

So every game he plays we have the potential to be 8 points down before we touch the ball

i would hate to be taking this statistic into our maiden GF.

Also you have way to much time on your hands.