What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ponga Appreciation Thread.

Wow! That is way better than I expected. 1m per season isn't bad at all and surely the cap grows within that time too.

It's a great move of confidence by him in the club too.
Im not convinced the yearly salary isnt tied to the cap though. Most top line players have that written into their contracts these days

I'll be honest, I'm disappointed because it's still a lot of money tied up in "what ifs" and "potential" but it is what it is. Time to move on.

Huge pressure on this guy to actually prove something now. All we can do is hope he does.

perverse

Referee
I'll be honest, I'm disappointed because it's still a lot of money tied up in "what ifs" and "potential" but it is what it is. Time to move on.

Huge pressure on this guy to actually prove something now. All we can do is hope he does.
I think avoiding the damage it would have done the club had he left fills in a few of the gaps as far as the distance between performance and paycheque goes.

Spot On

Coach

A good starting point is becoming the best fullback he can be and start to be in the conversation when talking about the top 5 or 6 NRL fullbacks.

Burwood

Bench

So was this a question asked by a journalist and answered by the club during the press conference? All the official press releases from the club only state that the new contract replaces the current contract, options and clauses.

Seems strange that the club wouldn’t make this crystal clear in their official statement that would be used by every media outlet in the country and are instead relying on the sports guy from NBN news to get this info out.

So was this a question asked by a journalist and answered by the club during the press conference? All the official press releases from the club only state that the new contract replaces the current contract, options and clauses.

Seems strange that the club wouldn’t make this crystal clear in their official statement that would be used by every media outlet in the country and are instead relying on the sports guy from NBN news to get this info out.
Thats pretty clear mate

ryan.a87

Juniors

Nothing new here but sharing for those interested. Basically just says thanks for the respect players showed him, happy to be staying and hopes to win a comp.
No reaction from his team mates makes me think they all already knew and this was just a publicity video

Sir Galahad

Juniors
I was hoping that he would be a top 5 player in the game, not just a top 5 fullback.
I was hoping he would be the best player in the game. He's got more talent than most players I've seen play the game, it's up to him and the club to put good players around him to achieve that.

perverse

Referee
At only a $1m per season does that mean we have room to chase another star? Ie Munster?
Klem and Friz are both on star wages. We might have enough kicking around to fit another one in around their calibre though - if we can find one willing to come.

Honestly, I like the idea of taking a punt on those 2 english kids we're looking at. It's a big roll of the dice, but the potential upside is massive. We're still in a position as a club where we're not going to outright buy Tedescos like the Roosters... a few punts here and there is probably the most realistic for us.

Knight Tales

Bench
Klem and Friz are both on star wages. We might have enough kicking around to fit another one in around their calibre though - if we can find one willing to come.

Honestly, I like the idea of taking a punt on those 2 english kids we're looking at. It's a big roll of the dice, but the potential upside is massive. We're still in a position as a club where we're not going to outright buy Tedescos like the Roosters... a few punts here and there is probably the most realistic for us.
I would not discount Milford staying if it works well for everyone. It is unlikely yes, but if he and Ponga combine well and we start winning more than we lose then Anthony may consider it. Money not being crazy though. He has plenty yet to prove.

Latest posts