What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ponga Appreciation Thread.

aqua_duck

Coach
It’s about time Wayne got f**ked by the Knights rather than consistently the other way around.

So, if you were a player negotiating with O’Sullivan and Bennett and thinking about joining the Dolphins, why would you given the leaked messages to Fox this afternoon? How can you trust them?
you know what I love, the idiots from Fox Sports/Daily Telegraph holding up Wayne Bennett and Peter O'Sullivan as their god like champions of integrity. Let I remind you Wayne is the deadbeat dad who abandoned his entire family and left his wife to care for their diabled children on her own because he chose to run off with club secretary half his age and Peter O'Sullivan is the guy who was given an indifinite suspension from the game and labeled not a fit and proper person for registration by the NRL a few years back due to his dodgy dealings with a brothel owner.

PhilGould

Bench
Could've sworn Bennett spoiled a player's signing before the other club got a chance to announce it within the past few years but for the life of me can't remember the details. Possible I'm mixing it up with another coach?

Reflector

Juniors
It is a credit to Kalyn and Andre that they wanted a reason to leave the club. What I mean is they were probably looking at staying but wanted to hear from Wayne why he believes KP should leave and for them to be convinced of it. Instead Kalyn heard the club he loves get shit on by the man who dismantled it. I think they left the meeting pissed off.
Cannot wait till we play them next year.
I'm wondering if that meeting could be a turning point in what we see from Kalyn deliver on the field week-in, week-out from here...

You all well know what a self-centred person Bennett is, and O'Sullivan is just as bad, if not worse.
Just know that other team supporters can see what has gone on with them, and their stooges.
Be glad it's sorted so they have to find another "story", from a different club, to spruik.

Loose Cannon

Bench
Could've sworn Bennett spoiled a player's signing before the other club got a chance to announce it within the past few years but for the life of me can't remember the details. Possible I'm mixing it up with another coach?
It was Ese’ese coming here being spoiled by Mr Burns before it had been announced. And it was after having a whinge, that weeks earlier some club had spoiled the Broncos signing of some player. Was it Cronulla and Jack Bird?

Knight Tales

Bench
I'm wondering if that meeting could be a turning point in what we see from Kalyn deliver on the field week-in, week-out from here...
I believe it will be. He can’t do it alone. We have some great core players. But the club should embrace this as their moment to get their recruitment spot on. I think Zammit should be given whatever he needs.

Old dog

Bench
Hopefully the nonsense is over and Ponga can get back to playing like he used to and as a team we perform much better.
We have a good strong core of player mixed with a few never will be, weed those out buy a few top players in key positions such as half and 2nd row and along with some developing players in Reserves and Flegg we will be stronger with the backup to cover injuries

Sir Galahad

Juniors
eter O'Sullivan is the guy who was given an indifinite suspension from the game and labeled not a fit and proper person for registration by the NRL a few years back due to his dodgy dealings with a brothel owner
much worse than that

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/em...-/news-story/ad76ebaad9c7d7b4ea2a045ed59e32f7

"....he was an active participant in the Storm's salary-cap deceptions from 2005-2007 when he worked at Melbourne."

"salary cap auditor Ian Schubert found evidence that O'Sullivan had failed to include in player contracts money paid for third-party agreements and that he "deliberately concealed" the true amount paid to at least two players."

Knight76

Juniors
much worse than that

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/em...-/news-story/ad76ebaad9c7d7b4ea2a045ed59e32f7

"....he was an active participant in the Storm's salary-cap deceptions from 2005-2007 when he worked at Melbourne."

"salary cap auditor Ian Schubert found evidence that O'Sullivan had failed to include in player contracts money paid for third-party agreements and that he "deliberately concealed" the true amount paid to at least two players."

Amazing the NRL let these blokes be involved in the game at all.

I hope we get in some game managers into the spine or at 13. Let Ponga and Clifford play off instinct and have someone to control the game, slow or speed it up when we need to and direct the team around the paddock. Can't think of anyone off the top of my head but Jackson Hastings is looking like a top player.
Sean O'Sullivan

Hes filled the biggest #7 boots in the game for Penrith while Cleary was out and did an excellent job of it. Hes only on a deal for this year and i hear the dolphins are after him. Would be great to snaffle another Bennett target

aqua_duck

Coach
much worse than that

and thats who Paul Kent wants to parade as a model of integrity, kind of tells you all you need to know about Kent

Yosh

Coach
Johns on Immortal behaviour saying pongas knee has been absolutely shot to start the year….reckons he should have missed the opening rounds

Looked good on the weekend. Hopefully he has fully recovered. Is his groin okay BTW?

Sir Galahad

Juniors
and thats who Paul Kent wants to parade as a model of integrity, kind of tells you all you need to know about Kent
there'll be a tragedy one day, these media idiots will push a young fella too far.

Yes they are open to public scrutiny when earning this kind of money, but to a point. Fox seems to really push the boundaries of what is ethical.

Knight Tales

Bench
there'll be a tragedy one day, these media idiots will push a young fella too far.

Yes they are open to public scrutiny when earning this kind of money, but to a point. Fox seems to really push the boundaries of what is ethical.
Andre has completely changed my view of his value to our club. He held his own against O’Sullivan. The most LOL moment was when they tried to make out Andre ignoring him for 12 hours amounted to disrespect. The leaking if these texts by the Dolphins is absolutely embarrassing to them.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Andre has completely changed my view of his value to our club. He held his own against O’Sullivan. The most LOL moment was when they tried to make out Andre ignoring him for 12 hours amounted to disrespect. The leaking if these texts by the Dolphins is absolutely embarrassing to them. They are a joke.
I couldn't believe how big Kent tried to make out that Andre didn't respond to a text he received at 8pm until 8am the following day..

Someone wanna tell Kent that the majority of workers stop looking at emails at 5pm and don't respond until 9am, at the earliest? f**kin idiot.

aqua_duck

Coach
I couldn't believe how big Kent tried to make out that Andre didn't respond to a text he received at 8pm until 8am the following day..

Someone wanna tell Kent that the majority of workers stop looking at emails at 5pm and don't respond until 9am, at the earliest? f**kin idiot.
In O'Sullivan's defence the brothel owners he usually deals with are quite respondant at all hours through the night

Latest posts