What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ponga Appreciation Thread.

TooheysNew

Coach
I have little doubt KP’s episode is directly linked to Greeny’s passing. He must be feeling devastated. They never saw eye to eye but that doesn’t mean it has not impacted him. Am willing to bet this is ally least in part why this all unfolded. I know the timing is strange as it was game day but it will be interesting to see if this is part of the story. It does not excuse the behaviour but I am surprised that the media has not raised this possibility.
This is a massively long bow to draw imo.

EdLondon

Juniors
Things are about to get messy…

some news emerging the players were only at the pub for less than half an hour late at night and neither left intoxicated.

So papa Andre may want to come up with a quick food poisoning story or something now…

They're going to say neither were drunk because they have to. They would surely get into trouble saying otherwise. Would reflect pretty poorly admitting they were. Just my guess

macavity

Referee
Honestly don't care if he is on the bags - in the off-season.

It's not a moral issue for me like the pearl-clutchers try to make it.

It is however a job performance issue. Shouldn't be on any substances while recovering from injury, particularly in season.

Should be a rule they only get to have any alcohol the night after a win. They might actually have a dig then.

Das Hassler

Bench
Good luck to Ponga and the Knights....hearing Joey's and Fittler's " "while not a good look give him time to learn to be a captain" opinions you guys are good to go....can you imagine...and even without proof of wrongdoing what their comments ...let alone Ennis...Anasta and the rest would be if it was the Wests Tigers club and captain involved? It would be a firestorm of condemnation of the administration and culture no matter that they'd had no semi serious player issues for 20 years...the Knights.. Dogs and Dragons are essentially off limits beyond a " must do better" when criticism is called for...be thankful.

TooheysNew

Coach
Good luck to Ponga and the Knights....hearing Joey's and Fittler's " "while not a good look give him time to learn to be a captain" opinions you guys are good to go....can you imagine...and even without proof of wrongdoing what their comments ...let alone Ennis...Anasta and the rest would be if it was the Wests Tigers club and captain involved? It would be a firestorm of condemnation of the administration and culture no matter that they'd had no semi serious player issues for 20 years...the Knights.. Dogs and Dragons are essentially off limits beyond a " must do better" when criticism is called for...be thankful.
Dont mean to be rude, but I think I had a stroke reading that.

Just trying make sense of it. Forget I said anything. I get it. Ponga is a huge disappointment to everyone and he only did it wind us all up. Carry on

Its a forum mate, if you throw up theories expect them to be disagreed with and holes poked in them

IMO there really isnt much to make sense of really. Hes a young fella with huge amounts of $ who is essentially on leave from his job and out on the piss (and possibly other substances) with his mates.

There doesnt have to be some big emotional reason for it

Haha are you serious? Theres been 1000 articles in the last 3-4 days condemning Pongas attitude and the clubs culture

I mean, they are right but bloody hell suggesting the Knights are somehow media protected is down right laughable

Das Hassler

Bench
Haha are you serious? Theres been 1000 articles in the last 3-4 days condemning Pongas attitude and the clubs culture

I mean, they are right but bloody hell suggesting the Knights are somehow media protected is down right laughable

I am serious..there have been a thousand articles yes but they all stop at a certain level ...the incident is discussed as an incident involving individuals but they don't wage a ruthless and continuous attack on every aspect of your club ...everything they can shred no matter how unrelated to the incident at hand. Papalli has second thoughts about staying at the eels and they torch the Tigers as fcki g up once again and some one has to be a answerable etc etc....you don't get that kind d of malicious nonsense ....that's what imeant. If Ponga was at WT not only would there be a thousand articles but there'd be demands for the board and Ponga to go plus a 2 week public inquisition about how he was signed for a million per season for 5 years...I'm not having a shot at the Knights...just the biased jackals in the so called nrl media