What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor old Hayne

sarahk

Juniors
he's too good mate, doesnt matter how badly the team f**ks up, if they pick him and stick with him nothing that might happen will phase him negatively. Look at Hodges. Dugan has that type of vibe about him, even if he had a stinker, you know if the selectors stuck solid he'd repay that faith

let him get a game under his belt now, so he knows what its all about so he knows what to expect next year when a series is on the line.

besides you pick the best players to represent your state. he's our best fullback.
no excuses, nothing to lose. Just pick the kid.

Firstly, how can you say that if Dugan has a stinker they should stick with him and he'll repay them. Hayne DID NOT have a stinker last night, yet everyones quick to say he should lose his spot to Dugan for after one FRIKEN game. Abit hyprocrical don't you think?

How about giving the kid ( thats right hes only 22) another crack at it. I actually think he performed quite well considering the circumstances of the WHOLE TEAM BEING ABSOLUTELY CRAP. I dont know what fantasy land you and other raiders supporters are living in, but DUGAN WOULD NOT HAVE done any better than Hayne last night.

I say stick with Hayne at fullback until the team starts to gel together. Then you'll really see what he's capable of. After all, he does it week in and week out at parra and he's still one of our best regardless of some peoples sad pathetic comebacks of 'he only payed well in 6 games last year'.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
All iv seen from Dugan is potiential. Nothing he has done has said to me that he is ready to step up to the next level. Just wait, iv seen glimpses of brilliance in him, if he keeps his head straight he can be something wonderful and he will TAKE the fullback jersey from Hayne. But until then, there is nothing to say he wont turn out like Tim Smith.

mrpwnd

Bench
Heh, people pushing for Dugan at fullback are the reason we're losing right now.
BAWWW HAYNE DIDN'T DO A ONE MAN EFFORT FROM FULLBACK GET HIM THE f**k OUT NOW.
It's funny, Brett Morris was like Dugan, took Hayne out of his left wing spot and what good did that do? Major f**k ups in defense and little to nothing in attack.
At the very least i saw Hayne doing something last year on the left...
So now learning from the Brett Morris lesson i think its pretty logical that the Dugan calls are pretty stupid

manly40gimps0

Juniors
Let all the tards forget that Dugan was injured anyway :lol:

Dugan couldn't even win rookie of the year over Cindy - that's one that Hayne will have over him.

Dugan will have his day. But an entire thread to bag Hayne for last night is pathetic - like the Hayne blamers who festoon it for their own little agendas. Make it fair dinkum and give the 16 others their own thread.

And Brett Stewart is out injured and would have been fullback anyway.

Dugan couldn't even win rookie of the year over Cindy - that's one that Hayne will have over him.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Yeah when they're both lookin back on their careers and Dugan's rated up there with Churchill, Langlands & Lockyer, and Hayne's rated alongside Hodgson, Patten & McKinnon, Hayne will be saying "at least I won a rookie of the year award, Dugan didn't!"

LMFAO you're a clown. Face it, Hayne's a show pony who's been hyped up by the media. We've seen the best of him already. Dugan's only going to get better and better. Dugan will take that jersey by the end of next year's series at the absolute latest. He may even still take it for game 3, and Hayne will never play fullback for NSW again.

Hayne should go to yawnion before he embarrasses himself further.

oldmancraigy

Coach
All iv seen from Dugan is potiential. Nothing he has done has said to me that he is ready to step up to the next level. Just wait, iv seen glimpses of brilliance in him, if he keeps his head straight he can be something wonderful and he will TAKE the fullback jersey from Hayne. But until then, there is nothing to say he wont turn out like Tim Smith.

Dugan's main strength is in running the ball.

Unfortunately for Dugan, Hayne is a superior ball runner in every facet AND is a playmaker to boot.

This thread is whack. Hayne was clearly NSW best player by a country mile on Weds - the only guy who looked remotely threatening. Whose fault is it that he only got the ball 33 times? He hardly even got the ball at second receiver.
Does Bellamy even know who Hayne is? Has he watched him play at all? The guy is the chief playmaker for the Eels from the second receiver spot, and gets the ball as often as possible. He is the only Blue in the backline who looks threatening at Origin level (and it's been that way for years now) - but yet 'vundercoach' firstly plonks him on the wing, and THEN gives him "free reign" - which seems to have translated to 'only give him the ball 33 times.

To compete in big games, the best players need the ball more often - look at the Maroons, Lockyer/ Thurston handled 110 times between them.

You can whinge all you want, but when the coach devises an impotent game plan (ie outside backs all rush up and get bamboozled) there's nothing anyone can do to make it respectable.

From SoO 2 the only blues who ought to be able to look at themselves in the mirror afterwards are Hayne, Gallen, L-Lahrs and Hindmarsh. Nobody else seemed to have a clue.

oldmancraigy

Coach
LMFAO you're a clown. Face it, Hayne's a show pony who's been hyped up by the media. We've seen the best of him already. Dugan's only going to get better and better. Dugan will take that jersey by the end of next year's series at the absolute latest. He may even still take it for game 3, and Hayne will never play fullback for NSW again.

IF you mean that Hayne was the best player on the planet last year - then yes, I would agree that we've seen the best of him already; however there isn't really anywhere else to go once you achieve 'best in the world status'

Did he get extra media hype because of his outstanding play last year? Yes.
Was it underserved? No. His season last year was freakishly amazing - he seemed to bust the line at will, won games for his club on his own and everything he even looked at turned to gold.
Probably a bit unsurprising that anyone would be unable to play in exactly the same fashion - yet this year he is again producing some outstanding form. We all saw he has another level that he can play at; but even his 'average' game sees him as the best performed fullback in the game this season.

You can push for Dugan all you want, but there isn't really an objective argument that could show even on facet of his game being better than Haynes. And we all know Dugan doesn't have as well rounded a game (ie no long range kicking; no playmaking etc).

I think Dugan is a real good player, but he's behind a great right now. Anyone who can't grasp that probably has the surname 'Daley' or 'Fulton' or 'Bellamy' or 'Gerard' (etc)

simostorm

Bench
I reckon Haynetrain is actually Jarred hayne.. lolz..

He's alwasy on here tryin to talk himself up..

"Haynes a great player guys!! isnt he the best!!"

hahaha..

IF you mean that Hayne was the best player on the planet last year - then yes, I would agree that we've seen the best of him already; however there isn't really anywhere else to go once you achieve 'best in the world status'

Did he get extra media hype because of his outstanding play last year? Yes.
Was it underserved? No. His season last year was freakishly amazing - he seemed to bust the line at will, won games for his club on his own and everything he even looked at turned to gold.
Probably a bit unsurprising that anyone would be unable to play in exactly the same fashion - yet this year he is again producing some outstanding form. We all saw he has another level that he can play at; but even his 'average' game sees him as the best performed fullback in the game this season.

You can push for Dugan all you want, but there isn't really an objective argument that could show even on facet of his game being better than Haynes. And we all know Dugan doesn't have as well rounded a game (ie no long range kicking; no playmaking etc).

I think Dugan is a real good player, but he's behind a great right now. Anyone who can't grasp that probably has the surname 'Daley' or 'Fulton' or 'Bellamy' or 'Gerard' (etc)

Wrong on so many levels.

taxidriver said:
haynes a turnstile

Correct. Sh*t defender. Dugan however saves tries all the time.

simostorm said:
I reckon Haynetrain is actually Jarred hayne.. lolz..

He's alwasy on here tryin to talk himself up..

"Haynes a great player guys!! isnt he the best!!"

hahaha..

You might be on to something there mate. I noticed his Hayne dick-riding was a lil over the top.

I was harsh on the guy, he pretty much played as well as he was allowed to. I still think Dugan is the better fullback and will be the future. Better positional play, better defence. Guy just looks like he was born to play there. In saying that even he wouldn't have made a big difference Wednesday night.

macnaz

Staff member
From what I saw Hayne didn't really seem interested tonight. His kick returns were soft and he seemed to submit in most tackles.

I rate Hayne but your comment is spot on ! he looked as tho he couldnt give a f**k.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Dugan will have his day. But an entire thread to bag Hayne for last night is pathetic - like the Hayne blamers who festoon it for their own little agendas. Make it fair dinkum and give the 16 others their own thread.

Why not? Threads like this have been created to flame Gidley for the last 2 series.

Wouldnt be LU without a good ole rip the NSW fullback thread would it

macnaz

Staff member
Maybe not Didgi, but a midget tard like yourself wouldn't understand the effort he put in when the rest of his team were being heartless twigs.
A referee ? Well that explains why u get it so wrong. Hayne certainly wasnt the worst player..not even close BUT dont talk utter BS about the effort he put in, If thats how he played every week at Parra the fans would be spewing. The guy is a special gifted player , HE CAN AND DOES DO AWESOME THINGS ON HIS OWN ; WEEK IN AND WEEK OUT FOR PARRA so dont blame others for him being as soft and weak as the rest on the night. If he wanted and tried his best he would have produced far more than he did .... He was average like the rest FULL FARKIN STOP !

macnaz

Staff member
Dugan's main strength is in running the ball.

Unfortunately for Dugan, Hayne is a superior ball runner in every facet AND is a playmaker to boot.

This thread is whack. Hayne was clearly NSW best player by a country mile on Weds - the only guy who looked remotely threatening. Whose fault is it that he only got the ball 33 times? He hardly even got the ball at second receiver.
Does Bellamy even know who Hayne is? Has he watched him play at all? The guy is the chief playmaker for the Eels from the second receiver spot, and gets the ball as often as possible. He is the only Blue in the backline who looks threatening at Origin level (and it's been that way for years now) - but yet 'vundercoach' firstly plonks him on the wing, and THEN gives him "free reign" - which seems to have translated to 'only give him the ball 33 times.

To compete in big games, the best players need the ball more often - look at the Maroons, Lockyer/ Thurston handled 110 times between them.

You can whinge all you want, but when the coach devises an impotent game plan (ie outside backs all rush up and get bamboozled) there's nothing anyone can do to make it respectable.

From SoO 2 the only blues who ought to be able to look at themselves in the mirror afterwards are Hayne, Gallen, L-Lahrs and Hindmarsh. Nobody else seemed to have a clue.
:crazy: u spaZ

Latest posts