What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Poor old Hayne

perverse

Referee
Slater got 80m. Hayne 137.

Still laughing at suggestions that it was all Hayne's fault - tall poppy syndrome or what!
who is actually blaming Hayne for the loss? we're just saying he was sh*t, which he was.

is Haynes 137m all you've got? well, it's certainly all he had. let me get the same figures from Origin 1:

Gidley - 197m
Slater - 95m

clearly there's something far more fundamentally wrong with the team than who is playing fullback. my point is, it doesn't matter who plays fullback because they are bound to have a sh*t game behind our nice person pack of forwards. i've been trying to tell everyone this... but you all won't listen. the funny thing is, all the evidence is right there in front of you and you still don't get it. we are wasting our breath arguing about who should play fullback, because it is inconsequential until we pick a real pack of forwards.

i wouldn't throw Dugan in the deep end in Origin 3 unless they put a real pack of manly men in front of him. the pressure is too great... and he would be on a hiding to nothing. we need to pick a genuine pack with the likes of snowden, gallen, watmough, douglas, tolman... hell even a ben cross off the bench would do a better job than the current wankers out there, and he has been pretty dreadful this year for the knights. IF we could name a pack like this, then i would probably throw Dugan in and Hayne would be back on the wing.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
who is actually blaming Hayne for the loss? we're just saying he was sh*t, which he was.

is Haynes 137m all you've got? well, it's certainly all he had. let me get the same figures from Origin 1:

Gidley - 197m
Slater - 95m

clearly there's something far more fundamentally wrong with the team than who is playing fullback. my point is, it doesn't matter who plays fullback because they are bound to have a sh*t game behind our nice person pack of forwards. i've been trying to tell everyone this... but you all won't listen. the funny thing is, all the evidence is right there in front of you and you still don't get it. we are wasting our breath arguing about who should play fullback, because it is inconsequential until we pick a real pack of forwards.

i wouldn't throw Dugan in the deep end in Origin 3 unless they put a real pack of manly men in front of him. the pressure is too great... and he would be on a hiding to nothing. we need to pick a genuine pack with the likes of snowden, gallen, watmough, douglas, tolman... hell even a ben cross off the bench would do a better job than the current wankers out there, and he has been pretty dreadful this year for the knights. IF we could name a pack like this, then i would probably throw Dugan in and Hayne would be back on the wing.

Hayne wasn't sh*t you disgrace.

user_nat

Coach

Still laughing at suggestions that it was all Hayne's fault - tall poppy syndrome or what!

Probably because Boyd and Folau returned more kicks then Morris and Monaghan.

Leaving Hayne to do more work.

Anyhow, Hayne certainly wasn't at fault for the loss. He just didn't do as much (in attack) as people were expecting. Largely because NSW didn't play him the same way the Eels do.

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
I liked the bit where he dropped a fairly simple bomb then stood there looking at it while QLD scored. But hey, he flopped on the tryscorer a few second later

perverse

Referee
Hayne wasn't sh*t you disgrace.
:crazy:

denile.gif

Didgi

NSW lose by 30 odd points and it's the fullbacks fault? :lol:

Name one player that has put in for NSW more in the past 3 years than any other player.
Funny that, because he's the only player that has been there consistently the last 3 years, NSW selectors are spastics.
:lol:

Funny on this thread, everyone would keep Hayne in the side. Maybe Raiders fans haven't found it.

Here ya go boys :arrow: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=362674&page=3
Of course everyone would keep him, the other options are Gidley or Dugan :roll:

That can be attributed to kickers. NSW's brilliant tactics involved bombing it to Folau every second set.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Dugan is the best fullback in NSW, if he's not picked this year they are just delaying the inevitable when next year he is too good to ignore any longer
might as well get it over and done with and pick the kid

He's the NSW fullback for the foreseeable future. Just pick him already.

perverse

Referee
Dugan is the best fullback in NSW, if he's not picked this year they are just delaying the inevitable when next year he is too good to ignore any longer
might as well get it over and done with and pick the kid

He's the NSW fullback for the foreseeable future. Just pick him already.
why would you want to pick him only to run out there wih the rest of this team at the moment, though? it could damage his career as much as help it at the moment.

i'm sick of seeing this NSW team be a poisoned chalice for any young, bright NSW talents. I'm a massive Dugan fan, and he would be my pick at fullback, too... but as i've said since before origin 1, i would wait until next year with him. it's only a matter of when he'll play for NSW, not if, as you said. give him a bit more time in first grade and give NSW time to unf**k all the other problems first imo. i don't think he would do poorly at the moment, but i think if he's given the rest of this season and another off season to refine his game, especially his attacking game, then he will get the best possible debut next year. he's coming along in leaps and bounds as far as his attacking game goes... and if he continues to do so for another 12 months then he's going to be regarded as one of the undisputed best in the game, not just by raiders supporters, but by everyone.

Raider_69

Post Whore
he's too good mate, doesnt matter how badly the team f**ks up, if they pick him and stick with him nothing that might happen will phase him negatively. Look at Hodges. Dugan has that type of vibe about him, even if he had a stinker, you know if the selectors stuck solid he'd repay that faith

let him get a game under his belt now, so he knows what its all about so he knows what to expect next year when a series is on the line.

besides you pick the best players to represent your state. he's our best fullback.
no excuses, nothing to lose. Just pick the kid.

Game III:
1. Dugan
6. Campese/Sutton
7. Pearce
9. Ennis/Farah
12. Watmough
13. Lewis (c)

Make your decisions, pick and and keep it, fill in the blanks around it and unless there is injury keep it for the next 4 games minimum. And i garentee you by 2012, they will have stopped
I dont care which way you go with Sutton/Campo or Ennis/Farah but which ever way you go, stick with it.

Someone

Bench
If your going for the future....

1.Dugan
6.Soward
7.Pearce
9.Ennis

Fowards need more young talent like Mannah and snowden and less useless fat pricks like Weyman and white.

simostorm

Bench
I liked when Inglis ran right over the top of Hayne an scored.. lolz..
And then when hayne got belted.. he looked a little groggy lolz..

Didgi

You're a massive genius,Hayne was the only threatning player on the Blues team,f**k off.

:lol:Dugan at origin level,he would get absolutely owned like the plodder he is.

You're a genius

No he wasn't you donkey

Hayne wasn't sh*t you disgrace

Ah, the mental capacities of a cochroach and just as resistant to a nuclear flaming.

Schiltzenberger

Juniors
I liked when Inglis ran right over the top of Hayne an scored.. lolz..
And then when hayne got belted.. he looked a little groggy lolz..
Over the top of him? that's just plain stupid.
Hayne was coming across in cover and had little to no chance of stopping Inglis, no fullback, or player for that matter would've stopped him if put in the same spot.
It wouldn't have happened if Monahan wasn't being a decoy defender.

Sure Hayne didn't play a great game, he made some mistakes, but if anyone thinks Dugan would've had a positive impact on the result is deadset delusional.

Yeah I hate his laziness, bad positioning, bad defense and lack of urgency. Last night however wasn't as bad as some on here are making out. Reading this nonsense you'd think he played as bad as the Wolfman and Turner, which is laughable. For how bad his game was there weren't many, if any, from NSW that played better, that shows how bad the whole team was.

Loudstrat

Coach
Let all the tards forget that Dugan was injured anyway :lol:

Dugan couldn't even win rookie of the year over Cindy - that's one that Hayne will have over him.

Dugan will have his day. But an entire thread to bag Hayne for last night is pathetic - like the Hayne blamers who festoon it for their own little agendas. Make it fair dinkum and give the 16 others their own thread.

Latest posts