What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positive ONLY thread

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors
I think this is positive, an email from Ryan Webb

c1d8f9a2-8c1b-e4b8-a5f8-fe3d7c3c2fc1.jpg
Dear Red V members and corporate partners,

It has been a testing few months for the club with off-field incidents, the competition being moved to Queensland, a lack of wins and COVID-19 again impacting all our lives.

Our team has shown that it can compete with anyone in the competition for periods, but an inability to keep this up for an entire game means we aren't seeing results go our way.

As much as I don't want to relive one of the more trying periods for the club, the Shellharbour incident involving a group of our players who breached both the NSW health orders and the NRL’s biosecurity protocols cannot be ignored.

My hope is that people do not judge the club purely on what happened that weekend in Shellharbour, but by the swift and concise actions taken by the club in the following days.

Nobody at the club wavered in our position. It has undeniably had an effect on the club, but, at the same time, I don't believe we can use this as an excuse for poor performance on or off the field.

The biggest mistake that can be made now is to not learn and grow from this. The foundation of the club is solid both financially and culturally, but we need to be able to look back a year from now and see that we have a stronger culture and heightened trust from our community.

There are a lot of good people doing great work at St George Illawarra and I believe with the right direction, leadership and work ethic we can make great leaps forward in the not-too-distant future.

Football

When thinking about our football squad, it seems like we are our own worst enemy at times.

There have been several instances throughout this season where we have struggled to name a full list of 21 fit players due to suspension or injuries. This will be addressed in time as winning this competition is tough enough without putting additional hurdles up in front of ourselves.

Despite the challenges we have faced in a testing year, we have given ourselves an opportunity to play finals football, which will allow the squad to grow and to better understand how to handle situations within games.

Looking forward, there are some exciting things in the recruitment and player development space that should give you all surety that we are building a squad that can be successful in this competition.

The addition of Jaydn Su'A, Francis Molo and George Burgess will add size and strength to our playing squad while Moses Mbye will provide tremendous versatility and support to our young outside backs and Andrew McCullough at hooker. The re-signing of Tyrell Fuimaono is another plus for us ahead of the 2022 season.

Another bright spot has been the glimpses of our young players featuring in first grade. Tyrell Sloan, Talatau Amone, Jayden Sullivan, Max and Mat Feagai and Cody Ramsey are names that I'm sure we’ll hear a lot in the future.

The club still has a few spots available in our Top 30 roster for 2022 along with enough salary cap space to bring in quality players. Our recruitment committee remains active, but also patient, as we look for the right opportunities.

Red V Membership

In this our members appreciation week, I want to give a big thank you to all our Red V members who have again shown us great support this year.

Unfortunately, the movement of the competition to Queensland has meant some members didn’t have access to all their allocated matches but rest assured that our membership team are working through options for you and will be in contact in the coming weeks.

A positive that has come from the competition relocation has been the club’s stronger connection with our Queensland members who normally are not able to attend many games. We have a tremendous amount of support in Queensland so it’s great that those members are able to enjoy our games live and give their support to the players.

Merchandise

Our merchandise range with Classic Sportswear has been incredibly popular this year and our online store is still in operation with orders shipped daily during lockdown. Keep an eye out for specials and Father’s Day gift idea's by visiting shop.dragons.com.au.

Corporate partners

The support of our corporate partners has continued to be fantastic as this second wave of COVID-19 has impacted our season and hindered our ability to deliver on our game day commitments due to the relocation of the second half of the season.

Despite this setback, the good work of our partnerships team has seen us able to maximise the delivery of signage and branding while delivering ‘make good’ opportunities wherever possible which has been well received by our partners.

We have had many positive discussions with our key partners regarding renewal of partnerships and look forward to sharing some positive news in the coming weeks.

On behalf of the Dragons’ management team, playing group and staff, I would like to thank our corporate partners for your understanding, patience and unwavering support throughout this season. You have enabled us to maintain a strong position through the remainder of 2021 and put us in good stead for 2022 and beyond.

NRL Women's Premiership

We have done a huge amount of work with our women’s program this year.

You would know by now that Mat Head is our NRL Women's Premiership coach for the upcoming campaign while we have also established a female Dragons Academy.

Our NRL Women's Premiership roster is shaping up nicely with some exciting announcements still to come.

We have begun building the foundations for the upcoming campaign and remain flexible as the format and timing of the season is yet to be finalised by the NRL given the current societal repercussions of COVID-19.

In conclusion

Although we have had to endure a heavily interrupted season on various fronts, we remain in a reasonable position financially even though our revenues have taken a major hit. By being smart with spending during difficult periods we have put ourselves in a position to weather this storm without stifling our growth plans for the future.

Our goal as always is to put this club into a position where we are financially stable, culturally strong and competing in finals every year. We will continue to plan carefully and execute well to ensure that we achieve this goal.

We are disappointed that we are not able to host you at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium or WIN Stadium at the moment but please continue to take care of yourself and those around you and we look forward to seeing you all again in the not-too-distant future.

Yours faithfully,
Ryan Webb
CEO - St George Illawarra Dragons

OneEyedDragon

Juniors

It has been a testing few months for the club with off-field incidents, the competition being moved to Queensland, a lack of wins and COVID-19 again impacting all our lives.

Our team has shown that it can compete with anyone in the competition for periods, but an inability to keep this up for an entire game means we aren't seeing results go our way.

As much as I don't want to relive one of the more trying periods for the club, the Shellharbour incident involving a group of our players who breached both the NSW health orders and the NRL’s biosecurity protocols cannot be ignored.

My hope is that people do not judge the club purely on what happened that weekend in Shellharbour, but by the swift and concise actions taken by the club in the following days.

Nobody at the club wavered in our position. It has undeniably had an effect on the club, but, at the same time, I don't believe we can use this as an excuse for poor performance on or off the field.

The biggest mistake that can be made now is to not learn and grow from this. The foundation of the club is solid both financially and culturally, but we need to be able to look back a year from now and see that we have a stronger culture and heightened trust from our community.

There are a lot of good people doing great work at St George Illawarra and I believe with the right direction, leadership and work ethic we can make great leaps forward in the not-too-distant future.

Football

When thinking about our football squad, it seems like we are our own worst enemy at times.

There have been several instances throughout this season where we have struggled to name a full list of 21 fit players due to suspension or injuries. This will be addressed in time as winning this competition is tough enough without putting additional hurdles up in front of ourselves.

Despite the challenges we have faced in a testing year, we have given ourselves an opportunity to play finals football, which will allow the squad to grow and to better understand how to handle situations within games.

Looking forward, there are some exciting things in the recruitment and player development space that should give you all surety that we are building a squad that can be successful in this competition.

The addition of Jaydn Su'A, Francis Molo and George Burgess will add size and strength to our playing squad while Moses Mbye will provide tremendous versatility and support to our young outside backs and Andrew McCullough at hooker. The re-signing of Tyrell Fuimaono is another plus for us ahead of the 2022 season.

Another bright spot has been the glimpses of our young players featuring in first grade. Tyrell Sloan, Talatau Amone, Jayden Sullivan, Max and Mat Feagai and Cody Ramsey are names that I'm sure we’ll hear a lot in the future.

The club still has a few spots available in our Top 30 roster for 2022 along with enough salary cap space to bring in quality players. Our recruitment committee remains active, but also patient, as we look for the right opportunities.

Red V Membership

In this our members appreciation week, I want to give a big thank you to all our Red V members who have again shown us great support this year.

Unfortunately, the movement of the competition to Queensland has meant some members didn’t have access to all their allocated matches but rest assured that our membership team are working through options for you and will be in contact in the coming weeks.

A positive that has come from the competition relocation has been the club’s stronger connection with our Queensland members who normally are not able to attend many games. We have a tremendous amount of support in Queensland so it’s great that those members are able to enjoy our games live and give their support to the players.

Merchandise

Our merchandise range with Classic Sportswear has been incredibly popular this year and our online store is still in operation with orders shipped daily during lockdown. Keep an eye out for specials and Father’s Day gift idea's by visiting shop.dragons.com.au.

Corporate partners

The support of our corporate partners has continued to be fantastic as this second wave of COVID-19 has impacted our season and hindered our ability to deliver on our game day commitments due to the relocation of the second half of the season.

Despite this setback, the good work of our partnerships team has seen us able to maximise the delivery of signage and branding while delivering ‘make good’ opportunities wherever possible which has been well received by our partners.

We have had many positive discussions with our key partners regarding renewal of partnerships and look forward to sharing some positive news in the coming weeks.

On behalf of the Dragons’ management team, playing group and staff, I would like to thank our corporate partners for your understanding, patience and unwavering support throughout this season. You have enabled us to maintain a strong position through the remainder of 2021 and put us in good stead for 2022 and beyond.

NRL Women's Premiership

You would know by now that Mat Head is our NRL Women's Premiership coach for the upcoming campaign while we have also established a female Dragons Academy.

Our NRL Women's Premiership roster is shaping up nicely with some exciting announcements still to come.

We have begun building the foundations for the upcoming campaign and remain flexible as the format and timing of the season is yet to be finalised by the NRL given the current societal repercussions of COVID-19.

In conclusion

Although we have had to endure a heavily interrupted season on various fronts, we remain in a reasonable position financially even though our revenues have taken a major hit. By being smart with spending during difficult periods we have put ourselves in a position to weather this storm without stifling our growth plans for the future.

Our goal as always is to put this club into a position where we are financially stable, culturally strong and competing in finals every year. We will continue to plan carefully and execute well to ensure that we achieve this goal.

We are disappointed that we are not able to host you at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium or WIN Stadium at the moment but please continue to take care of yourself and those around you and we look forward to seeing you all again in the not-too-distant future.

Yours faithfully,
Ryan Webb
Thanks for posting @Shaun_Timmins . Ryan Webb does seem to me to be a big positive in the club's administration. It must be tough for him wading through the rubbish delivered by our current BOD. I like what he says about the future. I just hope that the Board let's him deliver.

Wallpaper over the bloody cracks, imo. Plus, he could have straightened his tie for the photo... Indicative of everything that's wrong with the club - slapdash, sloppy half-measures will do.
Also, if he's wearing a jacket with three buttons he has them all done up and clearly doesn't know the Sometimes/Always/Never rule.
A fish rots from the head down, I tells yer.

TruSaint

Referee
Wallpaper over the bloody cracks, imo. Plus, he could have straightened his tie for the photo... Indicative of everything that's wrong with the club - slapdash, sloppy half-measures will do.
Also, if he's wearing a jacket with three buttons he has them all done up and clearly doesn't know the Sometimes/Always/Never rule.

Not sure what else he could have said mate.

Dragon David

First Grade

Football

Red V Membership

Merchandise

Corporate partners

NRL Women's Premiership

In conclusion

Yours faithfully,
Ryan Webb
It's so good that Ryan Webb is providing a fairly comprehensive report on how the club is travelling and what the aims are for the future.

We all know how hard this season has been for everyone involved at the club so I am grateful to Ryan Webb for giving us this report on behalf of the BOD.

Let's hope that the words written by him are indeed not a waste of time.

ALSGI

Bench
Yep, nice message

Football

Red V Membership

Merchandise

Corporate partners

NRL Women's Premiership

In conclusion

Yours faithfully,
Ryan Webb
Yep, nice and timely message.

I guess it was an urgent message as it became officially lights out for us in 2021 on Sunday.

Glad he touched on suspensions that screwed us this year and alluded to player responsibility and behaviour. Gee Wiz I hope the players are being more than touched with this point.

It was already a bit lengthy but I would’ve liked some insightful comments on JDB resuming after 2yrs off. Nice to mention some new recruits for ‘22 but some comment on Dufty and other players leaving especially Capitano McInnes would also be good.

Still, nice message well done.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Yep, nice message

Yep, nice and timely message.

I guess it was an urgent message as it became officially lights out for us in 2021 on Sunday.

Glad he touched on suspensions that screwed us this year and alluded to player responsibility and behaviour. Gee Wiz I hope the players are being more than touched with this point.

It was already a bit lengthy but I would’ve liked some insightful comments on JDB resuming after 2yrs off. Nice to mention some new recruits for ‘22 but some comment on Dufty and other players leaving especially Capitano McInnes would also be good.

Still, nice message well done.
Good summary. Well said @ALSGI . Webby seems to be having a go at turning the ship around at least. Good luck to him. Apparently he will be on the Red V Podcast next week.

Gareth67

First Grade

I like the fact it is not straight B.B. it is a sort of poor man’ version of Donald Trump . 👱🏻‍♂️

ALSGI

Bench
10 positives for ‘22.

1. Mr Rava doesn’t seem to be shying away from a big hit despite the MRC target on his back - how good was that tackle on the weekend chasing that guy in clear space?

2-8. Sullivan, Sloane, Amone, Feagai Twins, Ramsay, Lomax.

9. Borey Snoreman should have a lot more time to go visit Haynes and a few other mates.

10. More recruitment coming for ‘22.

Got my second Covid shot today that’s good news let’s knock this stuff on the head.
Well done mate, how you feeling today?

I had my 2nd last Thursday, felt fine afterwards but on Friday I felt like Mr Burns (without all the money).. At one point, lying on the lounge with 3 jumpers on, a blanket, and the heater on trying to warm up. Completely fine the next day.

All for a good cause though. Small inconvenience to fight the fight against the Rona..