What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POST GAME DISCUSSION - 2019 Rd10 Eels 10 v Cowboys 17

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep!

I've even noticed Niukore leans forward before contact, too.

Ma'u doesn't so much; however, he has incredible footwork, and I believe he offsets his running style because of how he moves before contact.

Alvaro, Moeroa, and Terepo all have good frames, but they run far too upright - like Justin Poore, all those years ago.

I believe that if Terepo and Moeroa, just to name two, learned to lean forward before contact, then they could "shuttle" some defenders, and possibly still earn a quick play-the-ball.

Terepo, in particular, is frustrating to watch, imo - he has speed, and no fear, so he runs like a train; however, he is often stopped dead in his tracks.

So the younger guys seem to be more upright but less penetration and the older guys seem too not be as straight and rigid but seem to penetrate more effectively.

TheParraboy

Staff member
What did we think of that floating pass from Moses that went into touch?

My initial thoughts were what a dumb pass, but looking at it again not sure. Had Fergo been more alert, it would have been a brilliant pass and sent him on his way for a huge run, possible a try

anyway, bring on Penrith

Noise

Coach

My initial thoughts were what a dumb pass, but looking at it again not sure. Had Fergo been more alert, it would have been a brilliant pass and sent him on his way for a huge run, possible a try

anyway, bring on Penrith

Moses was looking at Fergo when he passed it. Even if Fergo was too far in field Moses knew where he was. It was a bad pass.

Eelementary

Post Whore

anyway, bring on Penrith

At first glance, it looked like a dumb play.

But like you said, on second inspection, had Fergo caught it, we may have scored from it.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Moses was looking at Fergo when he passed it. Even if Fergo was too far in field Moses knew where he was. It was a bad pass.
He passed to space. He probably assumed Ferguson was running toward that space, which might be what he was supposed to be doing. I remember thinking it was odd that no merkin was there. When the edge attackers compress it allows the defence to do the same.

Noise

Coach
He passed to space. He probably assumed Ferguson was running toward that space, which might be what he was supposed to be doing. I remember thinking it was odd that no merkin was there. When the edge attackers compress it allows the defence to do the same.

Yes Fergo was probably not where he was meant to be. But Moses could see that he was too far in field, and could see he wasn't running towards that space. But he decided to throw it anyway.

Bazal

Post Whore

anyway, bring on Penrith

Poor positioning from Fergo and a bad play from Moses.

I actually reckon he realised and half held the ball back, that's why it was such a floater. Pre-meditated and poorly executed

forward pass

Coach
So he’s worse than Skeletor, Textas, Martina, Lads or any of the other merkins who always give such riveting interviews?

My God yes. Textas is always bloody entertaining viewing. Even when he is whinging at least he is saying something.

Martina told everyone that if his players cant play properly they can f**k right off. Love it. That is what I want our coach to say. Show some friggin passion.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes Fergo was probably not where he was meant to be. But Moses could see that he was too far in field, and could see he wasn't running towards that space. But he decided to throw it anyway.
He had a split second to make that decision so there's no way he could've known any of that for sure. That's why they have clearly defined attacking shapes they work on at practice sessions.

Noise

Coach
He had a split second to make that decision so there's no way he could've known any of that for sure. That's why they have clearly defined attacking shapes they work on at practice sessions.

Yep and it was a poor decision to throw the pass when no one was there (especially on the first tackle). Just as it was poor from Fergo if indeed he was meant to be wider.

84 Baby

Referee
My God yes. Textas is always bloody entertaining viewing. Even when he is whinging at least he is saying something.

Martina told everyone that if his players cant play properly they can f**k right off. Love it. That is what I want our coach to say. Show some friggin passion.
So still only 2 from 16? Coaches in general are going to be boring

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep and it was a poor decision to throw the pass when no one was there (especially on the first tackle). Just as it was poor from Fergo if indeed he was meant to be wider.
But if Ferguson had been there we'd be calling it a good decision. That's how it works with risk takers. Would the game have finished much differently if we'd gotten to the end of that set? Maybe. But it would've been very different if we'd scored right then.