What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Post game discussion v Souths

crocodile

Bench
I think the way most people see it is that the benfit of the doubt would normally go to the attacking player in the same circumstances. This is less about what Moses did and more about refereeing inconsistencies.
I'm not disagreeing. The ref should be panned but it was still a silly play.

Gronk

Staff member
Good on the club for doing the app integration light show thing. For those not at the game, you’d hit the top left button and the app and then the ground puter controls your flash in time with the music.

Quite a few thousand got on board and was kinda cool and will no doubt catch on.

Noise

Coach
Good on the club for doing the app integration light show thing. For those not at the game, you’d hit the top left button and the app and then the ground puter controls your flash in time with the music.

Quite a few thousand got on board and was kinda cool and will no doubt catch on.

They did it at the Panthers game too.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Gus is 100% correct .... and i dont see any parra fan getting carried away with last night

Gus' summation of us is probably entirely accurate for about 9 other teams in the NRL also

Yep The thing is, we play like that for the last 2 weeks and we are on 16 points, near the top of the table.

I think quite a few sides are going to be having a few good weeks and few bad weeks, making the comp very open.

Apart from Souths probably roosters/storm as the top 3 sides, all the other 11 sides apart from dogs / titans are all very close and anyone could string a few wins together and look like contenders. Even the storm/roosters appear to be dropping in form too and could lose 2 or so games in a row bringing them back to the field.

eel01s

Bench
So was it Mau on report for the slam early in the match? How many weeks will he get suspended for?

Kornstar

Coach
So was it Mau on report for the slam early in the match? How many weeks will he get suspended for?

I watched the first half on replay earlier this arvo and i believe the ref originally penalised him for a high shot (it wasn't) and then on later replays reported a head slam (again it wasn't).

If they charge him that will just about do me with the NRL. It wasn't high and his back slammed into the ground. If it were a head slam he would have gone off with a HIA cause there was some f**king power in the tackle.

The refs essentially blew a penalty cause he was tackled too hard.......again they need to start checking these referees bank accounts cause some of the decisions last night were made to keep Souths in the game. Last night bordered on cheating!

Sivo did not touch that ball either! Gutherson makes a beautiful ball and all tackle and almost drives the Souths guy over the sideline and he loses it in the force, penalty Souths.

Kornstar

Coach
FFS. The game is not what it used to be. There was NOTHING in that.

I didn’t think we had the “unnecessary roughness” rule in our game.

Well to be fair i have only seen applied to us this year. But to be honest there have been a few things this year that have only been applied to us.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I know people like to make fun of that video but he wasn't wrong.........just no-one cared cause it was Manly.
I was actually going to post that I thought this was an awesome spray from a coach who wanted his team treated better from the officials. It’s definitely not something you can do on a regular basis but I certainly think it can have its benefits if used sparingly. The club should have a $20,000 kitty for 1 or 2 club sanctioned public sprays a year.

TheRam

Coach
Why should you need to?
Just post your thoughts on the game, and others can reply accordingly.

I hated the old game day thread as it was painful in the days afterwards looking through dozens of pages of shite comments to end up seeing a few intelligent replies.

The separate post match thread works well imo.

You're welcome.

TheParraboy

Staff member
The standing ovation to honour Denis "Big D" anderson was a nice touch before the game, crowd applauded for a while

of course you have to have wankers who are oblivious to it all and carry on like f..ckwits ,and they werent Souths fans :mad: