What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potter

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Coaches like Bellamy and Bennett wouldn't be 2 months out from the finals without a contract either. Our board is f**king with our coach and as a result our coach has to play politics and be conservative with his selections. It's wonderful that we have Mayer at our club, but you won't see drastic changes until the board gets it's shit together.

It's a vicious cycle that contains no winners.

I'd have given Potter a one year extension earlier this season. Leave him to focus on the job at hand.

Wait til the Origin period next year and decide whether to extend him again or not

I'm not opposed to him serving 1-2 years more, but thats it.

We need to be talking with a top level coach to take us to the next step.

super_coach

First Grade
I would give him another year and with some luck we may be able to retrench and recruit a few players and for once not be plagued by injuries,but if he continues to pick out of form donkeys I doubt he will get through this year

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I think the hidden issue is the club's finances. Have a feeling there is not much in the pot, added to possible Sheens payout, might be a reason for some promising lower graders being released and no high profile signings.

The board issues aside to me it looks like the players are also not buying into Potters game plans and a large part of that problem is the dud players he keeps selecting no matter how bad they play.If anything the team cohesion has regressed rather than improved.

macnaz

Staff member
The board issues aside to me it looks like the players are also not buying into Potters game plans and a large part of that problem is the dud players he keeps selecting no matter how bad they play.If anything the team cohesion has regressed rather than improved.

What is his game plan ??? Seriously what is it .. to me its just go out there and do your best , I haven't seen any game plan that ever suits the side he picks.

Matchball

Bench
What's the chances of Luring Bennett to the Tigers to replace the not yet extended Potter?
Timing is perfect actually to secure him but 1 million a year seems out of our reach maybe.

Irvine

Juniors
Grant Mayer you are a smart man you know we just can not offered another year of Mick Potter rebuilding garbage. Potter is easily the worst coach in the NRL.
Who knows where we would be without Payten and Webster helping him.

Fordy20

Juniors
Grant Mayer you are a smart man you know we just can not offered another year of Mick Potter rebuilding garbage. Potter is easily the worst coach in the NRL.

1376068905350.jpg

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member

Making Cronulla look like Premiership favourites i guess.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think it is way to early to write Potter off. He has been so much better than Sheens. He has lost his way a little over the last 4-6 weeks however last night to me he got the team pretty spot on. We went back to a pack that could keep us in the game.

The players were just poorly disciplined.

The only real negative for the club this season in my opinion is letting Koro go.

I believe the club knows who the next coach will be. When it will be though, I don't know but was told it more than likely will be in 2016.

Hints:
Coached NSW 20's SOO to series win in 2014,
Coached a winning 20's GF team,
GF winner as a player.

Currently gaining additional experience as an assistant 1st grade coach.

I believe Tigers want him when there are less of his old team mates in the squad. With the retirement of Fulton, that's one less and now there are more of his 20's players and players recruited from elsewhere to give him the opportunity in 2016.

macnaz

Staff member
Time will tell , he could be ok ... but I cant get over the nines debacle.

Latest posts