What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potter

Where we finish this year may determine if Potter is at the helm next year,if the WT falter in the next four weeks i would expect him to be moved on as there has been no urgency by the board to resign him,more a wait and see approach !

Tigerm

First Grade
Where we finish this year may determine if Potter is at the helm next year,if the WT falter in the next four weeks i would expect him to be moved on as there has been no urgency by the board to resign him,more a wait and see approach !

Agree, but if not Potter then who? Maybe they are in talks with Bennett, otherwise doesn't appear to be too many other options?

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Tom is unavailable for the minute as beating png and Samoa is occupying all the great man's thoughts but once those dragons are slayed he will be on the lookout for a new challenge

super_coach

First Grade
I still think Potter will be replaced by one of this two assistants, with Payten being probably first choice. If it was my call I would be having a talk to Nathan Brown. One thing is for certain unless Potter can jag some wins against the dragons,raiders,sharks and maybe one more he is a dead duck.They will not make the eight,but he has to try convince the people that count that their is hope for the future and at present that is not happening

rex2ce

Juniors
On Zerotackle, Potters name is being mentioned in relation to Newcastle job along with several others

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Head coach - I don't give a shit

What I'd love to see is a defence coach who can fix our inept defence.

The current muppet has only improved our defence by 5 point a game.

Sounds a fair bit, but when it was 28.6 points per game last year and it's only down to 23 points per game this year, it's still not f**king good enough.

The team running dead last has conceded only 19 points more than us

Last edited:

super_coach

First Grade
On Zerotackle, Potters name is being mentioned in relation to Newcastle job along with several others

Thats good, I like to see Potter get a gig elsewhere, at the right club he may do alright. Maybe we should talk to Rick Stone, he was a no thrills coach who seem to get on with his players

Potter seems like a nice bloke but as a coach he is up there in the Steve Price mould....dull,uninspiring and f**king clueless to stop the rot when it is blatanly obvious what's needed.

BrotherJim05

Bench
It could be due to the youth of our players. When the going is good everyone is on fire. Once it gets bad, they all start whinging like a bunch of teenagers that it is everyone elses fault. It's funny because most of them are closer to be teenagers than they are to being 25.

Is Potter really the issue here?

super_coach

First Grade
To be honest Potter has Payten Kidwell and Webster in his coaching stable,the trio are all highly rated, so I get the feeling its more about our roster than our coach and maybe most coaches would struggle trying to make this group of players into a winning team.

Lets face what players from the Tigers would make a top five team????

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
To be honest Potter has Payten Kidwell and Webster in his coaching stable,the trio are all highly rated, so I get the feeling its more about our roster than our coach and maybe most coaches would struggle trying to make this group of players into a winning team.

Lets face what players from the Tigers would make a top five team????

That's easy, Robbie and ummmmmmm???? Woods & ummmmmmmm????
OK just Robbie & Woods........

Fordy20

Juniors
So it turns out that Potter has a trigger for a one year contract extension if the side makes the eight.

Additionally, the board still hasn't been finalised, so things are going to be up in the air until that happens. I wonder what the hold up is.

Tigers Tale

Juniors

Todays Telegraph is pretty much saying the same thing. Pretty much get into the 8 or get a new job.

macnaz

Staff member
Todays Telegraph is pretty much saying the same thing. Pretty much get into the 8 or get a new job.

Well I guess he better start typing up his resume. With our current injuries there isnt a lot he can do , but he shouldn't have dropped so many game persisting with a side that cleary was unable to deliver. He has nothing to lose now but I bet he still sticks solid with the under achievers.

rex2ce

Juniors
Surely Potter must be cut some slack here, most coaches would struggle for results given the injury toll he has had to contend with for two years in a row, he is not responsible for the injuries, but you cant coach the remaining goats to be gazelles