What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potter

Fordy20

Juniors
A 1 year extension at this stage would be idealistic considering the Tigers are not in the top 8 on for and against.

That'd be a wise decision. Offer him a one year contract like the Knights did for Brian Smith. Speaking of which, where are the Knights on the ladder at the moment?

If he gets offered two years, there should be an option for a third in his favour given all the bullshit he's had to put with.

The thing that is frustrating with Potts is that what seems so bloody obvious to most of us isn't that obvious to him, like continually selecting duds like Anasta and Lulia.
In saying that,to be fair he probably deserves another year or so.The WT have improved this year but whether we continue to improve under him remains to be seen.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Two years makes perfect sense. The attitude and self-belief he has brought to the squad is something we haven't seen in a while.

I just hope he makes the decision on Anasta and our bench ASAP

Matchball

Bench
If he doesn't drop Anasta then it's set in stone we have our new Fitzy, only uglier.
Give me Moltzen back at 5/8 anyday.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Fitzy having a go was a worry, he was only ever any good when he filled in at hooker. His metres from dummy half were brilliant. Thats all he was good at.

Anasta doing nothing but plodding along is slightly better than Fitzy running in circles and throwing pannicked passes to people who weren't ready for them.

Anasta just palms the ball off.

In saying that, you are comparing a runny cat shit with a runny dog shit.

imzerroo

Juniors
potter seems more like a manager of the team than a coach. he seems to have surrounded himself with the right players and assistant coaches to get the job done.

i wanna know how much he's involved in tactics, game plan, player motivation etc.

The Rosco

Bench
potter seems more like a manager of the team than a coach. he seems to have surrounded himself with the right players and assistant coaches to get the job done.

i wanna know how much he's involved in tactics, game plan, player motivation etc.

I happened upon the team's training session at Concord during the week.
Although he had Skando and a few other helpers, it was pretty clear that Potter was running the main training group.

macnaz

Staff member
So who has improved under Pottter ?
Seems to me the only improvement has been with the debutantes.
Galloway .. still piss weak
Nufo ... hardly scores
Simona.. hardly scores or makes a break
Bmm. Gone
Kori..Gone
Anasta ..still shit
Lawrence .. even shitter
Luilia... shit to start with and still shit.
Austin .. good but cant even be found a position

Shall I continue !!! The knives were out after 10 years with Sheens and only 2 years in and Potter is looking f**king hopeless , the fan base will turn very quickly if he keeps this rubbish up , he has already lost me .

chopsy_05

Juniors
He's losing me very quickly too. How can someone that had success at the start of the season by picking a side with size and aggression turn his back on something that worked and nearly do the opposite. Halatau and Austin on the benches against big packs of Penrith and souths was just dumb. Yeah we had some injuries but that shouldn't change the game plan of rolling teams through the middle and the backs playing off that. Let's hope he comes to his senses and picks a big bench this afternoon

gronkathon

First Grade
The influence of Payten who essentially a lackey for the playing group.

That is your answer. Many board members still want him to be the coach. He has been undercutting Potter behind his back all year

macnaz

Staff member
The only injury that has f**ked us has been Tedesco , while ever he was there him and Brooks could produce points and picking the other spastics like Lawrence and Anasta went unnoticed. . Without Tedesco our backline shows for the utter slow and unproductive 2nd grade garbage it is..

macnaz

Staff member
The influence of Payten who essentially a lackey for the playing group.

That is your answer. Many board members still want him to be the coach. He has been undercutting Potter behind his back all year

Hmmmm I was wondering if there was something like that going on , but I thought the halfback in a props body would have shown some loyalty to a player he coached in Kori ?