What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potter

macnaz

Staff member
Anyway if thats true Gronk no wonder we are f**ked.. just look back at the abortion of a side picked and coached by the dumb hack in the nines tournament!

FootynRacing

Juniors
He's losing me very quickly too. How can someone that had success at the start of the season by picking a side with size and aggression turn his back on something that worked and nearly do the opposite. Halatau and Austin on the benches against big packs of Penrith and souths was just dumb. Yeah we had some injuries but that shouldn't change the game plan of rolling teams through the middle and the backs playing off that. Let's hope he comes to his senses and picks a big bench this afternoon
100% agree. I give Potter credit for changing the culture of the team but really that could just be because we don't have Benji, his ego and his mates to deal with this season.

super_coach

First Grade
He will be lucky to see out the year, things can and have changed so quickly. This team is now probably looking at about 14th place. He has plan A and that is it,when you pick a team of plodders they have to do everything 100% right to be able to compete, but our mob have the completion rate of a park team playing blindfolded. The basic skill levels are probably the lowest in the NRL.

Sorry Potts, but good guys dont usually win

macnaz

Staff member
He will be lucky to see out the year, things can and have changed so quickly. This team is now probably looking at about 14th place. He has plan A and that is it,when you pick a team of plodders they have to do everything 100% right to be able to compete, but our mob have the completion rate of a park team playing blindfolded. The basic skill levels are probably the lowest in the NRL.

Sorry Potts, but good guys dont usually win

Suck shit if he wants to be a Yes man. His choice

super_coach

First Grade
No really Potter is doomed unless he can pull off some good wins against quality sides and that just is not going to happen. They have fallen over the line against all the cellar dwellers so you would have to be on drugs to think they could compete against the better sides. AS I have said before, their basic skills levels for FG footballers is appalling. Most players at NRL level can catch pass and tackle

macnaz

Staff member
No really Potter is doomed unless he can pull off some good wins against quality sides and that just is not going to happen. They have fallen over the line against all the cellar dwellers so you would have to be on drugs to think they could compete against the better sides. AS I have said before, their basic skills levels for FG footballers is appalling. Most players at NRL level can catch pass and tackle

Yes I agree , but if he is sitting back while others in the coaching ranks are dominating selections then its his fault for not standing up to them.

Fordy20

Juniors
The influence of Payten who essentially a lackey for the playing group.

That is your answer. Many board members still want him to be the coach. He has been undercutting Potter behind his back all year

The f**king hopeless board again! Seriously, they need to get their shit together and offer a two year contract to Potter at the very least. I'm sure he'd be more motivated to do something drastic with Lawrence and Lulia if he felt that he had the support of the board.

TYGA

Juniors
The only person I rate is Mayer the board both sides along with the coach are pretenders.

FootynRacing

Juniors
Thinking back to a few months ago, there was a rumour that we were chasing Inu. Does anyone know if there was any truth to that rumour ? If so, maybe Potter does realise that our centre combo isn't good enough. I can't imagine he was ever going to drop Simona so maybe Lawrence would have seen some time in Nsw Cup if we had signed Inu. Thoughts ?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I reckon inu was a panic decision to cover injured backs.

Too pricey for a fill in player.

I do not want this side coached by Payten

Tigers Tale

Juniors
I thought it at the time and I still think it now Inu is a game breaker.

He has his faults and he can drift in and out of some games but I have seen him win games for his teams. The comparison between him and the centres we have playing this weekend is a no brainer. I would have liked to have seen him come here. How bad could him and Simona be?

As to whether there was any truth to the rumour I can't answer that....

gronkathon

First Grade
What about Brian Smith?
He seems to be lurking around behind the scenes at Concord lately.

He was bought in to look at the coaching structure.

Mayer is no fool. He knows something is not right and Smith is the perfect hatchet man to bring in

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brian Smith is your clean out/reset type of coach.

As is Sheens.

They don't maintain dynasties. They set the foundations for them to be built upon (which is the dirty work most coaches like Hasler, Bennett, Bellamy et al avoid)

Potter is falling into the same category as Smith/Sheens.

You have them for 3 years & then bring in a coach who can take them to the next level. Potter serves a good purpose & he has improved the club (despite some recent criticisms).

I'd give him one more year then look for a new coach.

Last edited:
Potter deserves some credit for cleaning out the boys club that existed before he arrived but you have to wonder does this entitle him to another contract?when it's obvious to all our defence is a gateway to the try line out wide and our attack is limited.These problems have existed all year, yet he has failed to address them mainly because he uses the same players who are the problem, regardless some may think this has the smell of another boys club !

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Potter deserves some credit for cleaning out the boys club that existed before he arrived but you have to wonder does this entitle him to another contract?when it's obvious to all our defence is a gateway to the try line out wide and our attack is limited.These problems have existed all year, yet he has failed to address them mainly because he uses the same players who are the problem, regardless some may think this has the smell of another boys club !

You have to wonder what the agenda is for this club. If the board is not supporting Potter he will fail, if Potter is at odds with the board, he will fail. I really can't understand some of the decsions Potter makes, I just wonder if the decisions are being made for him....and if that is the case by whom?

Coaches like Bennett and Bellamy I am pretty sure would not put up with outside influences that seem to be affecting our club. I ain't got no proof but something is wrong at the moment....

Fordy20

Juniors
Coaches like Bellamy and Bennett wouldn't be 2 months out from the finals without a contract either. Our board is f**king with our coach and as a result our coach has to play politics and be conservative with his selections. It's wonderful that we have Mayer at our club, but you won't see drastic changes until the board gets it's shit together.

Bench
I reckon inu was a panic decision to cover injured backs.

Too pricey for a fill in player.

I do not want this side coached by Payten

Not really,he is on less than $300k,some reports as low as $220k,so makes good sense to me.

Latest posts