What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potter

macnaz

Staff member
Their is talk of Lawrence heading down to the Raiders in 2015, but my guess if this was the case we would be stilling paying a fair part of his contract for the next two years that of course stills comes off our cap, but their would be some cap relief

If we paid ALL his contract we would still be winners , as long as Julia is f**king gone as well.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Their is talk of Lawrence heading down to the Raiders in 2015, but my guess if this was the case we would be stilling paying a fair part of his contract for the next two years that of course stills comes off our cap, but their would be some cap relief

Nothing like a bit of relief.

When you consider the NRL has also played a part in failing to obtain the players income protection you would think the NRL would show some leeway with salary cap exemptions to the clubs which continue to pay players forced into retirement through injury.

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
From the mole on twitter.

@RLW_Mole: BIG story in @LeagueWeek today peeps - @Wests_Tigers players want Mick Potter out in 2015, throwing their support behind Todd Payten

FootynRacing

Juniors
From the mole on twitter.

@RLW_Mole: BIG story in @LeagueWeek today peeps - @Wests_Tigers players want Mick Potter out in 2015, throwing their support behind Todd Payten

It has long been said that it's the players that get rid of coaches but if this is true Wow !!! The club has done a lot of things right since getting rid of Sheens but this would surely be a step backwards. Potters constant selection of under performing players this season has annoyed the hell out of me geez is Payten really the answer ?

macnaz

Staff member
It has long been said that it's the players that get rid of coaches but if this is true Wow !!! The club has done a lot of things right since getting rid of Sheens but this would surely be a step backwards. Potters constant selection of under performing players this season has annoyed the hell out of me geez is Payten really the answer ?

Yeah same thoughts as you.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Didn't we have these same rumours leading up to Sheens sacking - the players wanted him out and wanted Payten to replace him.

If the players got what they wanted, why did we sign Potter? Perhaps the players are not that passionate about who coaches them.

Perhaps the board is making the players the scapegoats in this to justify giving Potter the arse.

N.C.

Juniors
Tell you what - bring us home a premiership and we'll let you choose your next coach...

super_coach

First Grade
Just maybe if our players actually concentrated on the basic skills of the game rather than try and oust the coach we would win a lot more games.

I am not 100% sold on Potter, but to have the players white anting him, what chance do we have of winning games. No wonder our form has been so bad of late.

Todd Payten???What is he going to do, reinstate team lunches, cut back on training, plenty of hugs.

Sad day when the players start running the club

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Just maybe if our players actually concentrated on the basic skills of the game rather than try and oust the coach we would win a lot more games.

I am not 100% sold on Potter, but to have the players white anting him, what chance do we have of winning games. No wonder our form has been so bad of late.

Todd Payten???What is he going to do, reinstate team lunches, cut back on training, plenty of hugs.

Sad day when the players start running the club

Exactly....

ucantseeme

Juniors
The Tigers have won the same amount of games as the Storm this season and no one is talking about sacking Bellamy. Bellamy has achieved more but has been doing it a lot longer and with substantially more resources. Give Potter a break. Injuries and SOO and early retirements all factor in. This team can still be in the mix come Round 26.

super_coach

First Grade
The Tigers have won the same amount of games as the Storm this season and no one is talking about sacking Bellamy. Bellamy has achieved more but has been doing it a lot longer and with substantially more resources. Give Potter a break. Injuries and SOO and early retirements all factor in. This team can still be in the mix come Round 26.

The only mix this team will be in is for the spoon, they are on a mission at present to over throw the coach, not play football

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can't believe people are accepting some rumour as fact.

I find the rumour farcical.

Fordy20

Juniors

This is an important point, unfortunately, the top coaches have boards that support them and believe in them. Our board has been our own worst enemy since the Joint Ventures inception and even now when they are on the brink of being reformed by NRL intervention, they are white anting the very organisation which has supported their parasitic existence for the past 15 years.

The best thing that could happen to the club is for this side to somehow make the eight, triggering Potter's automatic one year extension which would ideally provide enough time for the new board to finalised. Hopefully then sanity would prevail and we wouldn't have the players running the club again.

Latest posts