What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier League Gains and Losses for 2006

girvie

Staff member
yappy said:
don't know if this has been mentioned as I haven't been following the thread.
Heard a rumour that Aaron Sweeney was heading to Nth Qld from a usually reliable source

I'll add it and can always change it back.

At the moment which players will definitely be at the Magpies for next year?

yappy

Bench
Vicious said:
Will the Magpies have enough players to field a side???

We'll be fine. I'm actually quite confident about next year. Pretty close to certain we'll have have an ex-Magpie international, Team of the Century member and Challenge Cup winning coach as our coach next year. We'll have a great crop of talented kids coming through from Flegg and a determination to prove that as usual wearing Black and White is a better path to First Grade than BRET.

MoJack

Juniors
Darren Peachey from Manly has signed with Carcassone in France and Jeff Lima With St Gaudens in France

girvie

Staff member
I've have been keeping the initial post up to date. There are still quite a few in the unknown catagory so if anyone knows if they have been re-signed or released post it here.

Daza_06

Juniors
I would say Zilliman of Canberra would be with the Raiders nxt year

And Elford is stayin with the Tigers. probaly already knw that he is still there but u have him under unknown

girvie

Staff member
Daza_06 said:
I would say Zilliman of Canberra would be with the Raiders nxt year

And Elford is stayin with the Tigers. probaly already knw that he is still there but u have him under unknown
Yeah i have him under unknown because i'm not sure if he would be playing for Western Suburbs or Balmain next year because a lot of the Wests Tigers contracted players will be going to Balmain but they haven't announced who.

yappy

Bench
Elford will be at BRET (if not First Grade) as will Reynolds, Collis and McDonnell. Not sure about Saffy, but I think he'll be there too. Chris Paterson won't be going to Collies, but staying put.

brook

First Grade
yappy said:
Elford will be at BRET (if not First Grade) as will Reynolds, Collis and McDonnell. Not sure about Saffy, but I think he'll be there too. Chris Paterson won't be going to Collies, but staying put.

Reynolds??? what the hell are we supposed to do with Reynolds?

Its bad enough we're getting the others (who are all bloody decent players but I resent the message it sends to our OWN juniors) but a hack like reynolds is taking things beyond a joke

this is one of the tigers stupider ideas

girvie

Staff member
yappy said:
Your probably right about Elford.

Will there still be Non Top 25 players playing for the Magpies? That could include Reynolds and Saffy.

And i thought the Magpies were still trying to stop BRET stealing the top 25 players who are Western Suburbs juniors such as Collis or McDonnell.

yappy

Bench
It's a done deal and Reynolds is definitely in the 25 - straight from the recruitment manager on Wednesday. Same deal with his son. Saffy I'm not 100% on, but we were talking a bit about the various options and I even sighted his spreadsheet with the various signings and recruitment targets for the Maggies (Warren is handling it as part of his Tigers job) and I Saffy was mentioned as far as I noticed.

Brook get used to it. We may well end up with one of your halves displaced by Ben. Give Nowland a kiss goodbye :)

Miracle Balls

Juniors
brook said:
Reynolds??? what the hell are we supposed to do with Reynolds?

Its bad enough we're getting the others (who are all bloody decent players but I resent the message it sends to our OWN juniors) but a hack like reynolds is taking things beyond a joke

this is one of the tigers stupider ideas

I agree. Who'd want to be a Balmain junior? It's going to be frustrating watching the progress of local boys like Pangai & Ngata over at the Roosters. I understand the reasons behind the Premier League makeup for WestsTigers benefit, but I also sense a disregard that Balmain have for it's own juniors.

brook

First Grade
yappy said:
Brook get used to it. We may well end up with one of your halves displaced by Ben. Give Nowland a kiss goodbye :)

You keep your hands off Jamie! It seems like all my favourite players will be elsewhere next year (mostly to clubs I despise) I've gotta be allowed to keep at least one favourite

Its pathetic - if the Wests Tigers are going to pretend that they only have one PL team then they are going to have to realise that clubs with only one feeder team don't sign every reject that comes looking for a contract like the tigers have in recent years. I'll be seriously angry if we end up displacing either Nowland or Shultzy (if they decide to keep rangi at hooker and let reynolds partner jamie in the halves) just so we can give Reynolds yet another chance to prove he'll never be a first grader.

Its not like we don't have quality kids of our own at the club - just we don't seem to want to show them the slightest ounce of respect.

Daza_06

Juniors
Sione Finefeuiaki is he that player that was at the storm and could bench press the most in the NRL or something. i think it is

girvie

Staff member
Daza_06 said:
Sione Finefeuiaki is he that player that was at the storm and could bench press the most in the NRL or something. i think it is
Yeah he was with the Storm in 2004. He could bench press 220kg.

girvie

Staff member
Today Balmain announced some of the players available to them this year:

Ben Jeffries
Ronald Prince
Frank Samia
John Sinisa
Michael Crockett
Ryan McGoldrick
Jono Rolfe
Ben Reynolds
Jamie Nowland
David Marando
Stacey Katu
Filinga Filiga
Thomas Gemmel
Tevita Metuisela
Lee Bennett

I think they will be very strong. Even Rangi Chase and Samu Wara have been pushed back to Jersey Flegg.

Latest posts