What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premier League Gains and Losses for 2006

Sgt Schultz

Juniors
Unknown contract positions:

Casey Conway (Winger)?
Daniel Jarvis (Hooker)?
Reece Bailey (???)?
Dean Smith (Hooker)?
Kererua Savage (???)?
Jack Reis (???)?
Sam Maniet (???)?
Tom Hillard (???)?

Bailey didn't like Sydney and moved back to Mackay mid year
Jack Reis and Sam Maniat played in colts competition in Brisbane for Redcliffe I doubt they will get picked up by anyone.

Spike

First Grade
Willie Peters of Souths has signed to play with The Entrance in the JB Cup next year

Daza_06

Juniors
Has anyone heard anything on Ben Farrell from the Bulldogs. I heard he is going to the Gold Coast in 2006 or Burliegh Bears this year along with Marty Mitchell. I know that the Burliegh is one of the Titans feeder clubs but im just wonderin if anyone has heard anything

girvie

Staff member
Daza_06 said:
Has anyone heard anything on Ben Farrell from the Bulldogs. I heard he is going to the Gold Coast in 2006 or Burliegh Bears this year along with Marty Mitchell. I know that the Burliegh is one of the Titans feeder clubs but im just wonderin if anyone has heard anything
Farrell originally came from Burleigh so he might want to go back and have a shot at making the Gold Coast Squad. I haven't heard it confirmed that he is going there.

I have heard Mitchell is going to Burleigh.

Corbin

Juniors
Spike said:
Willie Peters of Souths has signed to play with The Entrance in the JB Cup next year

extremely disappointing i use o be a HUGE fan of Peters when he was at Dragons and then when he left to play with Souths he went crap due to the way souths played and the players they signed.

Still if u cant get into Souths, i dont think your going to get elsewhere...

Should of joined Belrose!

Daza_06

Juniors
Corbin said:
extremely disappointing i use o be a HUGE fan of Peters when he was at Dragons and then when he left to play with Souths he went crap due to the way souths played and the players they signed.

Still if u cant get into Souths, i dont think your going to get elsewhere...

Should of joined Belrose!

Belrose already have a mad halfback in Richie Plummer. He is an awsome player. He plays five-eight but is well suited to bein a halfback

MoJack

Juniors
Balmain Ryde Eastwood Tigers:

Gains:
Dean Collis (Western Suburbs), Michael Crockett (Western Suburbs), Shane Elford (Western Suburbs), Filinga Filiga (Canterbury Bankstown), Daniel Fitzhenry (Western Suburbs), Keith Galloway (Newtown), Thomas Gemmell (Newtown), Ben Jeffries (St George Illawarra), Karl Johnson (Manly Warringah), Shannon McDonnell (Western Suburbs), Ryan McGoldrick (Newtown), Tevita Metuisela (North Sydney), Ben Reynolds (Western Suburbs), Jono Rolfe (Penrith St Marys), Jarrod Saffy (Western Suburbs), Frank Samia (Newtown), John Sinisa (Newtown),

Losses: Stan Berryman (released), Luke Branighan (Easts, Qld), Joel Caine (released), Bryan Dickson (retirement), Dean Byrne (retirement), Nick Graham (Collegians), Simon Greally (NSW Waratahs, RU), David Gower (Western Suburbs), Luke Hession (Newcastle), Jeff Lima (St Gaudens, France), David Pangai (Newtown), Matthew Rieck (Dapto), Jamie Small (Canterbury Bankstown), Tim Tobin (Western Suburbs), John Wilson (Les Catalans, France),

Available players for 2006: Lee Bennett, Rangi Chase, Dean Collis, Michael Crockett, Shane Elford, Robbie Farah, Jarred Farlow, Filinga Filiga, Daniel Fitzhenry, Keith Galloway, Thomas Gemmell, Bryce Gibbs, Bronson Harrison, Chris Heighington, Ben Jeffries, Matt Jobson, Karl Johnson, Stacey Katu, Dave Marando, Shannon McDonnell, Tim McGann, Ryan McGoldrick, Mark Meredith, Tevita Metuisela, Sam Moa, Jamie Nowland, Ronald Prince, Ben Reynolds, Jono Rolfe, Jarrod Saffy, Frank Samia, John Sinisa, Taniela Tuiaki, Samu Wara,

Unknown: Chris Beasley, Justin Bishop, Leigh Bowman, Franco Kmet, Mark Luland, Michael Meigan, Steve Mowbray, Luke O’Callaghan, Ranald Schulz, Alwyn Simpson, Sean Vidito, Reece Wellington

I am lead to believe that Chris Beasley has signed with St Gaudens in France and Sean Vidito has gone back home up North. Still unsure as to what the other players are doing :D

Corbin

Juniors
Daza_06 said:
Belrose already have a mad halfback in Richie Plummer. He is an awsome player. He plays five-eight but is well suited to bein a halfback

I am aware of plummer although he has been playing more 5/8 which is why i said should of gone to belrose.

i hope Plummer gets picked up by a NRL club soon.

brook

First Grade
MoJack said:
Unknown: Chris Beasley, Justin Bishop, Leigh Bowman, Franco Kmet, Mark Luland, Michael Meigan, Steve Mowbray, Luke O’Callaghan, Ranald Schulz, Alwyn Simpson, Sean Vidito, Reece Wellington

I am lead to believe that Chris Beasley has signed with St Gaudens in France and Sean Vidito has gone back home up North. Still unsure as to what the other players are doing :D

someone mentioned something about franco possibly being with a JBC side (forget which one but one of the c/c ones) but I don't know if theres any truth in that.

A MASSIVE waste if true - he's much better than that

girvie

Staff member
Corbin said:
I am aware of plummer although he has been playing more 5/8 which is why i said should of gone to belrose.

i hope Plummer gets picked up by a NRL club soon.
He played Premier League with the Bears back in 2000 so he has been around a while. I don't know how old he is but he probably won't be signed by an nrl club now.

girvie

Staff member
I have been updating the list of gains and losses. Does anyone have any more info on any of the players still in the unknown catagory?

Big Mick

Referee
Have Penrith really signed Luke Young again?

He left us for the Dogs and now back?

Luckily he wont play PL.

girvie

Staff member
Big Mick © said:
Have Penrith really signed Luke Young again?

He left us for the Dogs and now back?

Luckily he wont play PL.
I have heard he is back at Penrith. Why won't he play PL?

Big Mick

Referee
cause he isn't good enough.

1. Brett Howland
2. Lee Hookey
3. Bob Blair
4. Chris Newton
5. Michael Gordon
6. Peter Wallace
7. Wayne Bond

He wont have a place in our backline.

PB

Bench
yappy said:
We'll be fine. I'm actually quite confident about next year. Pretty close to certain we'll have have an ex-Magpie international, Team of the Century member and Challenge Cup winning coach as our coach next year. We'll have a great crop of talented kids coming through from Flegg and a determination to prove that as usual wearing Black and White is a better path to First Grade than BRET.

I see the Magpies have signed the coaches son Jason D (along with some of the other Collies boys), but why not Dane D? Surely he would be a better leader & mentor, not to mention a more skillful player to have around a young developing team?!

yappy

Bench
Got to say I would have loved to have Dane back playing for us. Whilst he never reached any great heights as a player he has First Grade (mostly painful) experience with us and the experience of being a professional player in the old dart. Certainly would have been someone who could have shown the youngsters the ropes and what it takes to make it in the game. Hopefully he'll be around in some capacity.

Patto will assume that role mostly for us next year I'd say. Very well respected around the club and someone the boys look up to.

Latest posts