What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premiership favorites 7 weeks out

Who will win the 2005 grand final

• Brisbane

Votes: 17 8.0%
  • Parramatta

Votes: 52 24.4%
  • St George Illawarra

Votes: 78 36.6%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 30 14.1%

• Total voters
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
you wernt saying that when we smashed you at toyota park, we beat you by the highest possiable margin and that was without luke covell

How do you know WHAT i was saying Byatch Boy? Not to mention its pretty bad when you have to dredge things up from 3 years ago, just goes to prove HOW good your lot REALLY are, you have to use examples from 3 years back, as i said READ MY SIGNATURE BYATCH!

BWNB

First Grade
Squishy_Da_Byatch said:
How do you know WHAT i was saying Byatch Boy? Not to mention its pretty bad when you have to dredge things up from 3 years ago, just goes to prove HOW good your lot REALLY are, you have to use examples from 3 years back, as i said READ MY SIGNATURE BYATCH!

what are you talking about , this is 2005 but if you want to bring it back go ahead:)

RABK

Referee
Your signature is wrong Squishy_Da_Byatch, there is another no of Cronulla.

No premierships! :LOL:

BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
what are you talking about , this is 2005 but if you want to bring it back go ahead:)

Sorry my bad thought you were going back that far either way, Knights Have won TWO premierships in the last 8 year..................how many did the Sharks win in that period??

OH DAMN your right Red and Blue Knight now how could i possibly forget that!

BWNB

First Grade
Squishy_Da_Byatch said:
Sorry my bad thought you were going back that far either way, Knights Have won TWO premierships in the last 8 year..................how many did the Sharks win in that period??

OH DAMN your right Red and Blue Knight now how could i possibly forget that!

your missing the point mate did we not beat you this year?

Yeah you did im not saying you didn't, but the teams changed, they are actually playing and I am merely saying you wont be sooo lucky second time around!

The sharkies think they are better than what they are cause they beat a few teams when they were down, but the tables are turning, and things will be different!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
borat said:
FFS you tigers supporters talk yourselves down. Tigers are every bit as much in this contest as anyone without any of the pressure of being a contender. The Tigers are a team who has absolutely given it to the Dragons in 2 games this year, bar the last 25mins of the first game. Everyone was waiting for Penrith to fall over in 2003 and the Tigers could well do the same. I can't beleive that a side that has won 7 on the trot and is 4 points off first place is not a chance.

The Dragons weren't in form when we knocked them off at Oki.

I didn't say we aren't a chance, I just said it is very unlikely. We still have plenty to improve on...

borat

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
The Dragons weren't in form when we knocked them off at Oki.

I didn't say we aren't a chance, I just said it is very unlikely. We still have plenty to improve on...

I know but Tim Sheens must be p*ssing himself laughing everytime he picks up the paper and reads stories about the Dargons, Eels and Broncos being the redhot favourites. If you only went by what was in the paper you would think the top 3 were 10 points infront of the Tigers.

Nonny1980

Juniors
You must understand that as Tigers supporters we are mentally scarred from years of missing the finals, especially last year and that personally I wont belive we are a force yet until we prove ourselves in the semis.

simon says

First Grade
Nonny1980 said:
You must understand that as Tigers supporters we are mentally scarred from years of missing the finals, especially last year and that personally I wont belive we are a force yet until we prove ourselves in the semis.

Very true,and we havent played our best footy yet.I think we have a fair way to go before we are playing at about 90%,which is what I think you ahve to be at in the finals.

And I wouldnt be writing the Broncos of jsut yet,they still have some firepower.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I love this argument about what the score was after 70 minutes in the GF LOL! If the GF was only played for 70 mins, Manly would have been premiers in '97. And Balmain premiers in '89.

Newcastle, like Parra in '01, were getting flogged for most of the game. And, like Parra in '01, they came back. They clawed back 20 points, we clawed back 24.

We weren't flogged in '01.

simon says

First Grade
You were flogged in 2001.....yer in denial.I dont care what the score was at the end of the game,you never had a chance to win it and it ws over at half time.

It was a first half massacre.

Misty Bee

First Grade
I dont care what the score was at the end of the game

Funny, I thought the score at the end of the game was very critical to determining the premiership!

Init funny that the Knights 24 points were more important that the Eels 24 points. :roll:

We lost by 1 more point than Balmain did in '89. Were Balmain flogged?

El Diablo

Post Whore
simon says said:
You were flogged in 2001.....yer in denial.I dont care what the score was at the end of the game,you never had a chance to win it and it ws over at half time.

It was a first half massacre.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Tigers beat Newcastle in 2001 after being about as far behind as Parra were in the GF?

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://rl1908.com/Clubs/Wests-Tigers.htm

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A great fightback win over eventual premiers Newcastle near season's end was particularly uplifting for fans. The Tigers were down 24-0 before eventually winning 36-32.[/font]

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/03/30/1017206160298.html

Late in season 2001, however, peace seemed to settle on the merger club. They put the dramas behind them and actually started to play some good football. I remember being out at Campbelltown the night they pulled off a miracle 36-32 win against eventual premiers Newcastle despite trailing 24-0 and then 32-12 with 25 minutes to go.

kinda makes your statement look wrong, eh Simon?
[/font]​