What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Premiership favorites 7 weeks out

Who will win the 2005 grand final

• Brisbane

Votes: 17 8.0%
  • Parramatta

Votes: 52 24.4%
  • St George Illawarra

Votes: 78 36.6%
  • Wests Tigers

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 30 14.1%

• Total voters

BWNB

First Grade
Stranger said:
Being a Tigers junior im hopeing they win, but like many, aslong as the Broncos and Sharks dont win im happy.
well this will be the first time in close to 40 years you wont be happy:D

BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
well this will be the first time in close to 40 years you wont be happy:D

Just read my signature and you will have my thoughts on that post!!

Not to mention lets see Dragons beat your asses, oh and guess what?? come two weeks time, everyone here in Newy will be celebrating the downfall of your backsides once again :D

GO THE KNIGHTS!!!!!!

2005 Year of the Dragons

BWNB

First Grade
Squishy_Da_Byatch said:
Just read my signature and you will have my thoughts on that post!!

Not to mention lets see Dragons beat your asses, oh and guess what?? come two weeks time, everyone here in Newy will be celebrating the downfall of your backsides once again :D

GO THE KNIGHTS!!!!!!

2005 Year of the Dragons

you wernt saying that when we smashed you at toyota park, we beat you by the highest possiable margin and that was without luke covell

hybrid_tiger

Coach
How far do people think the Tigers can go?

There has been talk around mentioning we can win it, but I don't believe we can.

Our lack of forward impact will be our letdown IMO, especially against teams like Brisbane and St George.

Next year, with the additions of O'Hara, Galloway and Harris to bolster our forwards, I think we can give it a real shake.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
For the dragons, if Hornby is fit...they will feature in the final. Same can be said about broncos and lockyer.
Its a bit different with parra but because we havent seen T.Smith in the final series, so depending on his form in the FS will come down too parra's chances in making the GF!
We will just have to sit back and let fate take its role!

Mr Saab

Referee
remember the old stat :

No team that has conceded 50 points during the season has ever won a comp.
Out of the realistic sides only the dragons have not conceded 50....they came close on occasion at the start of the yr, but didnt concede a 50 pointer.

yes i know its all BS, but hey, it has some concrete evidence behind it

borat

Bench
hybrid_tiger said:
How far do people think the Tigers can go?

There has been talk around mentioning we can win it, but I don't believe we can.

Our lack of forward impact will be our letdown IMO, especially against teams like Brisbane and St George.

Next year, with the additions of O'Hara, Galloway and Harris to bolster our forwards, I think we can give it a real shake.

FFS you tigers supporters talk yourselves down. Tigers are every bit as much in this contest as anyone without any of the pressure of being a contender. The Tigers are a team who has absolutely given it to the Dragons in 2 games this year, bar the last 25mins of the first game. Everyone was waiting for Penrith to fall over in 2003 and the Tigers could well do the same. I can't beleive that a side that has won 7 on the trot and is 4 points off first place is not a chance.

Darth Bobo

borat said:
FFS you tigers supporters talk yourselves down. Tigers are every bit as much in this contest as anyone without any of the pressure of being a contender. The Tigers are a team who has absolutely given it to the Dragons in 2 games this year, bar the last 25mins of the first game. Everyone was waiting for Penrith to fall over in 2003 and the Tigers could well do the same. I can't beleive that a side that has won 7 on the trot and is 4 points off first place is not a chance.

lol We're old Balmain or Wesern Suburbs supporters mate, success is something that we have to get use to again, it's been a while. ;-)

simon says

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
remember the old stat :

Out of the realistic sides only the dragons have not conceded 50....they came close on occasion at the start of the yr, but didnt concede a 50 pointer.

Wests Tigers havent conceded 50.......

Mr Saab

Referee
indeed the west tigers havnt conceded 50 in 2005, but i dont think its their yr.
The tigers have done fanf**kingtastic to be where they are this yr....only the hard hard hardcore tigers fans would have thought top 4 for 2005.
Having said that, i dont think they can win it all in 05.
They should win a finals game should they manage to meet the sharks or eagles in week one.
If the Tigers do win it all it will be the greatest fairytale of all time.

Charlie Saab said:
remember the old stat :

Melb put on 46 against the dragons (beating them twice this year.)
Melb put on 50 against Broncos

The Storm also have not had more than 40 put up against it.

The Storm will enjoy being the underdogs and upsetting all the "Big: names come Sept and Oct.

BWNB

First Grade
dazza62 said:
&didnt the cowboys flog the sharks by 40+

and we beat parra should of beat the ponies and we also beat storm twice by 20 in melbourne and by 24 at toyota

BWNB

First Grade
dazza62 said:
Should ofs dont win premierships

mate we have the goods we play serious in finals footy cause we can apply oursleves i say it to everyone you will be wrong at the end of the yeaerwhen the sharks win the comp

borat

Bench
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
mate we have the goods we play serious in finals footy cause we can apply oursleves i say it to everyone you will be wrong at the end of the yeaerwhen the sharks win the comp

:lol: :lol:

Anyone buying that load of BS. Sharks will be luucky to even make the 8 and if they do they will be cannon fodder for whichever the lucky team is that draws them.