What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price tells players to apologise to Fans

Dezziedc

Juniors
Who knows what was said, there's nothing on the net about it that I can find.

Irrespective of whether the game plan was shit or anything else, the players just didn't put in at all. That was soft and it was a crap attitude. Irrespective of whether they like price or not, the players have to shoulder some blame for that performance. No matter whether you like the coach or not, there should be pride in the teams performance and each individuals performance on that field.

Not one of them showed that.

Twenty10

Juniors
I haven't heard an apology yet. Anyone else? I don't think a loss hurts enough for some of our players at the moment. Lacking leadership... Serious leadership. For all the money we paid widdop to be honest I am expecting more in this department from him.

He's been fairly average the past 3 weeks (admittedly behind a soft pack)

dino2170

Juniors
Pricey should apologise to the team and rezign AND TWENTY TEN PULL YOUR HEAD IN WHAT DO YOU WANT WIDDOP TO DO BARGE THROUGH THE DEFENCE TACKLE AND SCORE TRIES

Last edited:

Minh

First Grade
Price needs needs to apologise and then stand down, but that won't happen.

watatank

Coach
If he has said this I'm all for it but I'd like to hear all the other apologies for all the other matches and I want to see other signs he's making all players accountable, not just a few select ones.

Godz Illa

Coach
Is this another of his amusing pranks? Like stealing the players thongs? What a jokester

Ben Creagh: "We apologise for not approaching the board to have our coach sacked. We thought the bizarre selections and woeful preparation would be enough. Too subtle I guess"

Coffs dragon

Bench
That prankster coach of ours is so funny, sneaking around training & cutting up the players thongs....Ha Ha what a crack up. Last Sunday he did another prank and cut up there game plan on match day. The poor players had no idea......LOL Next prank should be the players sneak up to Doust and have the coaches contract cut up. Ha ha what a laugh that would be.

twinkletoes

Juniors
I've got this sinking feeling we'll have to put up with him for the rest of the season....can't see out Board making a mid season change

Cagey Mac

Bench
Calling the players soft in order to obviate responsibility is the act of a nobody that has nowhere left to hide. It's a low act!
The guy could limbo under pregnant snails.

Drop Bear

Juniors
This is getting out of hand, everyone involved has some responsibility.
But simply for me, the game plan, especially defence, as I've said before, is strange. We are not really getting off our line, we seem to be sitting back and letting teams run at us.
You can't win games by letting a team, let alone a big pack get a free run up on you...
I can only think this is part of Price's game plan, theory, for our defence.
The Dog's on the other hand got up, met us at the advantage line and kept our meters gained right down.
We, Price should take a leaf out of their book in regards to defensive line speed.

dragonreddy

Juniors
This is getting out of hand, everyone involved has some responsibility.
But simply for me, the game plan, especially defence, as I've said before, is strange. We are not really getting off our line, we seem to be sitting back and letting teams run at us.
You can't win games by letting a team, let alone a big pack get a free run up on you...
I can only think this is part of Price's game plan, theory, for our defence.
The Dog's on the other hand got up, met us at the advantage line and kept our meters gained right down.
We, Price should take a leaf out of their book in regards to defensive line speed.

All that you have said makes sense but as each week goes by ,just like last season , it almost looks like there isnt a plan ,they just play exactly the same way each week, obviously Price thinks the waiting in defence is a winner , i noticed Beale rushed up close on the line a couple of times and because he was the only one Laffai (I think) stepped around and cruised through the gap, you would think on the line there would be some urgency.In attack i noticed Gould commented when we were in their 20m ,"THEY WILL HAVE WORKED ON SOMETHING AT TRAINING THIS WEEK" , nothing happened Rein passes to a foward he gets tackled ,for a variaton rein goes himself or drops a foward back under with a drop off pass then the play breks down half the time before the backs get a crack at it . Its been this way for 2 and 1/2 years now and the new boys havent made much difference ,we are 13th on the ladder With only5 teams having scored less points than us and 4 having had more points scored against them, and one of them is EELS who sit 4 places above us on the ladder.So all the expectation of point scoring etc has come to nothing as in my opinion we are at the same standard as we were last year, so PRICE has to wear the blame for that, its HIS TEAM THAT HE WANTED, he cant make statements like that at the start of the year when all the bullshit is flying around then hide behind excuses when due to poor preparation overseen by his goodself, the wheels fall off.

Last edited:

DUB888

Juniors
All that you have said makes sense but as each week goes by ,just like last season , it almost looks like there isnt a plan ,they just play exactly the same way each week, obviously Price thinks the waiting in defence is a winner , i noticed Beale rushed up close on the line a couple of times and because he was the only one Laffai (I think) stepped around and cruised through the gap, you would think on the line there would be some urgency.In attack i noticed Gould commented when we were in their 20m ,"THEY WILL HAVE WORKED ON SOMETHING AT TRAINING THIS WEEK" , nothing happened Rein passes to a foward he gets tackled ,for a variaton rein goes himself or drops a foward back under with a drop off pass then the play breks down half the time before the backs get a crack at it . Its been this way for 2 and 1/2 years now and the new boys havent made much difference ,we are 13th on the ladder With only 4 teams having scored less points than us and 4 having had more points scored against them, and one of them is EELS who sit 4 places above us on the ladder.So all the expectation of point scoring etc has come to nothing as in my opinion we are at the same standard as we were last year, so PRICE has to wear the blame for that, its HIS TEAM THAT HE WANTED, he cant make statements like that at the start of the year when all the bullshit is flying around then hide behind excuses when due to poor preparation overseen by his goodself, the wheels fall off.

+1 , We have and are going nowhere. These are the actions of a coach who I think knows his time is up. To be in our third year of his crap coaching is unbelievable to me. I wonder if the teams performance is in revolt of his non existance coaching ability.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The boys should apologise. If they followed Price's game plan and run straight at the biggest forward pack in the comp they would have won the game. Makes sense to run straight at them an not around them.

3 weeks to go hopefully for the muppet....2 weeks and 5 days 23 hours 15 mins and 26 seconds. Yeah right if only that easy.

Drop Bear

Juniors
Agree, we are stuck in a repeating cycle and Price hasn't come up or got an answer.
On paper we should be in the 8 at seasons end, and by no means are the players near thier best.
My conclusion is he has lost maybe not all but most of the players respect, and they are finding it hard.

Latest posts