What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PRICE TO BE SACKED ,McGregor IN

Minh

First Grade
Mary also said when they asked him about next year that he does not give a hoot about next year he is concerned about this weekend. Great answer. What more can you ask. Good answer imo.

He is great mates with Price and does not want to go bad mouthing him, you can understand that. He is just saying things to help him possibly get a new job rather than make out he was that bad and not worth recruiting. At the end of the day they are good mates and if you were in his situation you would do the same to your mate.

yes agree, I think Mary is showing respect for Steve and has only said nice things as they are mates.

bottle

Coach
Mary also said when they asked him about next year that he does not give a hoot about next year he is concerned about this weekend. Great answer. What more can you ask. Good answer imo.

He is great mates with Price and does not want to go bad mouthing him, you can understand that. He is just saying things to help him possibly get a new job rather than make out he was that bad and not worth recruiting. At the end of the day they are good mates and if you were in his situation you would do the same to your mate.

Great answer.
Unless Price had said it, in which case there would be a rant about how he is only thinking about the short term.

Anybody defending Mary must be mates with him or related to him.:sarcasm::crazy::D

TonyTrugett

Juniors
yes agree, I think Mary is showing respect for Steve and has only said nice things as they are mates.

I thought Mary handled himself quite well in the press conference. Came across as alot more articulate than Price which was one of many complaints against Price on this forum.

dino2170

Juniors
MARY OUT-anyone that is remotely connected to price should be terminated immediately. He was part of the past coaching structure and guess what he nearly kept the same team as his mate. WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS THINK IF PRICE CAME BACK AS A WATERBOY.

hazzbeen

Bench
MARY OUT-anyone that is remotely connected to price should be terminated immediately. He was part of the past coaching structure and guess what he nearly kept the same team as his mate. WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS THINK IF PRICE CAME BACK AS A WATERBOY.

Dino the problem with what you have been saying is true.There will be no success at this club until someone from outside takes control.This was evident when Mr Bennett came to the club.....

Cheech216

Juniors
Players openly criticised Price

Dragons players were highly critical of Steve Price in the days before his sacking - and that proved the final straw for the embattled coach. After six losses from seven games, morale in the Dragons camp was at rock bottom and players were freely bagging Price to their mates at rival clubs. The word got back to the Dragons - and that proved a contributing factor in the Dragons' decision to send Price packing midseason.

Written by the Lurker on sportal.com.au

Damo!

Juniors
From The Lurker on Sportal.

Players openly criticised Price

Dragons players were highly critical of Steve Price in the days before his sacking - and that proved the final straw for the embattled coach. After six losses from seven games, morale in the Dragons camp was at rock bottom and players were freely bagging Price to their mates at rival clubs. The word got back to the Dragons - and that proved a contributing factor in the Dragons' decision to send Price packing midseason.

hazzbeen

Bench
"It’s a culmination of a lot of things but you can’t change everything in one day, you just have to keep working hard to chip away and get it right," McGregor. That"s what we have to put up with . They have had 3 years to chip away and now you got Mary saying the same crap .Mary has been part the the coaching structures . That will do me.......

watatank

Coach
This is true but under Price the team never worked toward anything because it was changing week to week. Hopefully under McGregor they will start working towards something and maybe in the meantime salvage this season

hazzbeen

Bench
This is true but under Price the team never worked toward anything because it was changing week to week. Hopefully under McGregor they will start working towards something and maybe in the meantime salvage this season

watatank I hope things do turn around .......

jenninga

First Grade
Thought I'd refresh our memories not so long ago.
Thankfully most of us,me included, have so far been proved wrong with McGregor taking over.The next month will give us a good indication if we are seriously in contention for a top 8 spot.

GT0007

Juniors
Thought I'd refresh our memories not so long ago.
Thankfully most of us,me included, have so far been proved wrong with McGregor taking over.The next month will give us a good indication if we are seriously in contention for a top 8 spot.

I was probably one of the biggest anti Mcgregor campaigners and now I'm getting harrassed for defending him lol. At least I can honestly say I form opinions based on performance and am flexible enough to change them when/if the performance changes. I am thrilled to be proven wrong about Mary, there's something about him lol ok bad joke but there's nothing better than players or coaches that earn your respect

denis preston

First Grade
I was probably one of the biggest anti Mcgregor campaigners and now I'm getting harrassed for defending him lol. At least I can honestly say I form opinions based on performance and am flexible enough to change them when/if the performance changes. I am thrilled to be proven wrong about Mary, there's something about him lol ok bad joke but there's nothing better than players or coaches that earn your respect

As long as he gets the players respect ,that's all that really matters.

Dudes, it's way too early to say McGregor's been a success. The team will have to be consistently better for the rest of the season and players like Quinlan, Rein, De Belin, Stockwell, Farrell and Matthews will all need to improve demonstrably to make that sort of call. From now on, we will also have to be seriously competitive against Manly, Easts and every other genuine or even fringe competitor when the stakes are at their highest. We'll also need to see some players axed and some proper forwards recruited with some strategic thinking behind the decisions.

Anyone who replaces a coach that's tanking gets a dead cat bounce. McGregor may prove himself to be a good coach. But he hasn't yet and I'd still be looking for someone with experience.

hazzbeen

Bench
Dudes, it's way too early to say McGregor's been a success. The team will have to be consistently better for the rest of the season and players like Quinlan, Rein, De Belin, Stockwell, Farrell and Matthews will all need to improve demonstrably to make that sort of call. From now on, we will also have to be seriously competitive against Manly, Easts and every other genuine or even fringe competitor when the stakes are at their highest. We'll also need to see some players axed and some proper forwards recruited with some strategic thinking behind the decisions.

Anyone who replaces a coach that's tanking gets a dead cat bounce. McGregor may prove himself to be a good coach. But he hasn't yet and I'd still be looking for someone with experience.

Dr you are making to much sense...............:D