What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pricey backs Smith return

natheel

Coach
look as much as smith has stuffed up in the past he has done his fair share of good things too.
he is a good player and with the right coach and training staff monitoring him i don't think he would slip back into his old ways.
In saying that i don't want parra to just jump into anything and say please come back it's totally upto the coach and i'm sure anderson wouldn't just chuck him into the 1st grade side straight away!!!

Anyway i myself would like to see smith back in parra colours as he was a good halfback when playing for them in 05 especially. and with i guess Kris Keating in at 5/8 they could prove to be a pretty exciting combination but im not really holding my breath for Smith to come back.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/news/sport/no...ething-for-free/2009/04/12/1239474756689.html

Now Eels chief tells Price something for free

THE last thing Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald will be doing is taking Ray Price's advice on Tim Smith. Price said in a newspaper story yesterday that the Eels should consider bringing the troubled Smith back to the club as a replacement for Brett Finch. It never comes as a surprise when Fitzgerald and Price are at odds, since they don't agree on anything, but this one was a no-brainer. Smith, who can certainly play, has massive problems off the field and, from all reports, hasn't made any progress on that front since leaving Parramatta to go to England last year. Smith is playing reserve grade for Wigan. Asked if he would be following Price's suggestion, Fitzgerald replied: "No." Asked if Eels coach Daniel Anderson had any interest in Smith, Fitzgerald said: "None whatsoever." Referring to Price's fellow Eels legend Brett Kenny - who, like Price, is a member of the 3P group trying to win power at Parramatta - Fitzgerald said: "Brett Kenny says the exact opposite to Ray Price about Tim Smith. It's interesting to see two members of the 3P group could be worlds apart on an issue like that. If Price's view on this issue is indicative of what other members of the 3P group are thinking, then they are 20 years in the past." Parramatta may have lost to the Dragons on Friday, but Eels star Nathan Hindmarsh was in red-hot tipping form for the Herald. Hindmarsh, as our celebrity tipster on Friday, nominated Roman Emperor in the AJC Derby - and it won at odds of $15.

CrazyEel

Bench
Not sure how you work your points system out there Bart, IMO they all get minus zero.

They're all fools, the three of them trying to fit size 14 shoes in size 12 mouths, Price & Kenny for making any comment at all and Fitz for his pathetic petty bitching and one up manship.

In reality it is DA's decision and has nothing to do with any of them, including Fitz, and they should all just STFU and leave football comments to DA.

strider

Post Whore
Not sure how you work your points system out there Bart, IMO they all get minus zero.

They're all fools, the three of them trying to fit size 14 shoes in size 12 mouths, Price & Kenny for making any comment at all and Fitz for his pathetic petty bitching and one up manship.

In reality it is DA's decision and has nothing to do with any of them, including Fitz, and they should all just STFU and leave football comments to DA.

CrazyEel 1

:thumn

Glenn

First Grade
Can't we all move on from this, FWIW the form of Smith atm plus the off field problems add up to a no, IMHO

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
:(:(:( I miss him.
Please anderson needs to at least consider it, who cares about his off field behaviours, as ian said i'd take them if he can produce that form and im sure he can if he is enjoying his footy.

Bring Back Tim Smith!

EelGirl

Juniors

amen

parra pete

Referee
:(:(:( I miss him.
Please anderson needs to at least consider it, who cares about his off field behaviours, as ian said i'd take them if he can produce that form and im sure he can if he is enjoying his footy.

Bring Back Tim Smith!

I for one DON"t

For Every Action There is an Equal and Opposite Reaction

I am that opposite reaction. I for one, don't condone his off field behaviour - plus, in my opinion, and the opinion of Wigan fans, he is not up to ESL standard, let alone NRL standard.

I think it's hard not to miss magic moments like the ones in the Youtube vids. No one can deny that Tim had extraordinary talent (and I used to love when he would wobble his head) but realistically he hasn't played that well in a long time.

Further, the off field behaviour is a massive consideration. Not only did Tim struggle with the media attention here and being constantly scrutinised but nothing that he is doing overseas suggests he is close to being ready to come home and play. I don't miss seeing his name in the papers for all the wrong reasons.

Parra Guru

Coach
Does Brett Kenny actually offer an opinion on anything other than players playing in the 6 or 7?

In fact, what does Brett Kenny actually offer?

parra pete

Referee
Does Brett Kenny actually offer an opinion on anything other than players playing in the 6 or 7?

In fact, what does Brett Kenny actually offer?

More than Ray Price, imo. Good bloke Bert..a man's man..and no doubt he has good contacts at Wigan where he was rated, as he was in Australia, a superstar.
That is my opinion of Brett, in regards to football knowledge.
What he has to offer in administration I would say probably nothing. I don't think he has had any Football Club administration history

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Best post in the entire thread, Smith pissed off when it got to tough for him last season and people want him back????? Give KK,Mortimer of Kelly the chance.

Sangreal 86

Juniors
More than Ray Price, imo. Good bloke Bert..a man's man..and no doubt he has good contacts at Wigan where he was rated, as he was in Australia, a superstar.
That is my opinion of Brett, in regards to football knowledge.
What he has to offer in administration I would say probably nothing. I don't think he has had any Football Club administration history

Evening Monty, I hope you are getting some of this rain up in Hay. Mate can you tell me how much Football Club Adminstration Russell Crowe did before his takeover of Souths?? or for that matter Peter Moore before he left his newsagency to take over Canterbury?? or for that matter Denis before he stepped out of his truck to take over this club. I was of the belief that the CEO and his managerial staff handled Aministration, and board members voted on the direction the club would be more beneficial in taking, and then instructed the CEO, who then makes recommendations?
On Tim Smith, Ray has never commented on him coming back, and if he had that in mind I would have known, but as you know as an old scribe Monty, if you dont have a story, get a comment and then wing it. Brett's opinion and knowledge of football is second to none, surely that is what we need in a club floundering, or were Russell, Bullfrog and Denis wrong when they started.

Bigfella

Coach
I'm also concerned about 3P's experience in administration.

How many of them have ever purchased a soccer club and lost millions? How many have purchased real estate at the top of the boom, failed to capitalise on a record rental market, and continued to suffer annual losses on capital value?

Who will have the necessary runs on the board in pushing that our club merge? Or will be able to continually make headlines casting doubt on our ability to survive?

I genuinely fear none has the same level of expertise about complaining about poker machine taxes (or, for that matter, accepting overseas trips at the expense of poker machine companies).

Which of them will be able to suggest purchasing a super 14 franchise, or merging codes?

How many can proudly claim 23 continuous years of running a footy club without winning a zac?

I can't see any of thim bringing to the table what Dennis does.

Hence,

They get my vote.

bartman

Immortal
Not quite sure why that is so funny? :?

Suity
Sorry Suit, just saw this.

I just found it an amusingly written short article. I didn't click on the link to see if there was an author. I appreciated the author's way with words and order of the snippet, particularly the first half.

Individual Directors shouldn't really be drawn to comment on such matters - especially where they give different opinions and hence "create a story", and whether we like it or not such footy-related questions come into the CEO (whoever they are or might be) to answer on behalf of the club. So I should really take a point off Bert for speaking out, even though at least he didn't sound as silly on the Tim issue as Pricey.

My revised scoreboard for this one: Fitzy 1, Bert 0, Price -1. The boys need some sound media advice imo.

parra pete

Referee
Evening Monty, I hope you are getting some of this rain up in Hay. Mate can you tell me how much Football Club Adminstration Russell Crowe did before his takeover of Souths?? or for that matter Peter Moore before he left his newsagency to take over Canterbury?? or for that matter Denis before he stepped out of his truck to take over this club. I was of the belief that the CEO and his managerial staff handled Aministration, and board members voted on the direction the club would be more beneficial in taking, and then instructed the CEO, who then makes recommendations?
On Tim Smith, Ray has never commented on him coming back, and if he had that in mind I would have known, but as you know as an old scribe Monty, if you dont have a story, get a comment and then wing it. Brett's opinion and knowledge of football is second to none, surely that is what we need in a club floundering, or were Russell, Bullfrog and Denis wrong when they started.

No mate it sprinkles down here, never rains..The town has just lost the Hay Cutters Rugby Union Club due to the effects of the drought - no jackaroos coming into the district, means no Rugby Union players - and the town needs all the sport it can get...
Russel Crowe was a hugely successful businessman -(apart from being an owner --is he a 'hands on man' I thought [/I]that was Shane Richardson) same as the Bullfrog. League Administration has changed dramatically since Bullfrog and Fitzy became first of all Club Secretaries, and then took over the running of the Clubs as CEO's.
That's how I see it anyway.
I don't blame Denis Fitzgerald for no premierships since 1986 - just as I don't blame Ron Hilditch, Geoff Gerard, Don Ritchie, Chris Jurd, Alan Overton or Michael Johnston
Challenging for a spot on the Board keeps everyone on their toes. Those who have the vote - and I am like you Terry - I don't - but I am a voting member of the Football Club. Introduction of proxy voting would be a good idea.
I am not questioning the passion of Ray Price, Bert or Guru to the Club. How could anyone? Just the same as no-one could question the passion of Fitzy.
BUT in my opinion, I see Ray Price as a 'loose cannon' and there for one reason...to get rid of Denis Fitzgerald. That view and his constant criticism of the Club, its previous coaches (Brian Smith) gets on my nerves.
He is qualified to criticise that's for sure. He earned that right by the amount of blood he spilt for the Club. But it is ALWAYS directed at Fitzy and the Club..never anything is SUPPORT of the Club
I can't understand why Fitzy is cast as the big bad bogey man. Is it because he is not a YES man, and tells it like it is?
Did Ray make a comment about Tim Smith..or didn't he.(On Tim Smith, Ray has never commented on him coming back, and if he had that in mind I would have known, but as you know as an old scribe Monty, if you dont have a story, get a comment and then wing it.[/B].
Papers don't make up quotes....:shock: - do they.
No hard feelings Terry. Love ya style..and say g'day to Ritso from me next time you see him

Last edited:

Latest posts