What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pricey gone.... (Steve Price Merged thread)

Iafeta

Referee
I hear that John Ackland was chiefly responsible for setting up this coup. John Ackland for those not in the bind is the man who distanced himself from the Warriors, and from his Mt Albert base sent Roy Asotasi and Sonny-Bill Williams to the Bulldogs. Prior to the Cowboys game he was added to the Warriors football development team.

The question is, if he had this information and pull to swing Steve Price to Auckland, does he have the pull down the track to bring Roy Asotasi and Sonny-Bill back to Auckland also?

John is recognised is one of the most astute men in NZRL, and has had a big influence on Roy and Sonny-Bill respectively. One would suggest that he gets on glowingly with the both of them and could help twist their arms down the track for a return to their home club.

Back to Steve Price, good luck to him, he is off to an absolutely beautiful part of the world for the experience of a life time. It urks me to see the Warriors constantly listed so lowly on the clubs players want to play for, the scenery and lifestyle is unparalleled, the tax rate is low, the cost of housing significantly lower etc. Guys like Kevin Campion and Ivan Cleary were choked up about leaving the place - once you get there its difficult to leave.

There is also an article floating around that says "Should Steve Price be stripped of the captaincy?" which I find to be grotesque, and an absolute complete and utter disgrace. That can't possibly come from a supposed Bulldogs fan. Steve Price has given his all on and off the field for the Bulldogs, most Warrior fans will cheer on the Bulldogs purely for Steve Price to get his last premiership with what we all realise is his club deep down in his heart. To sully his pride and honour by removing that distinction is a bone headed neandothorlic idea.

As for Steve Price is past his prime - joke? Are you serious? What do you smoke and where do you get it? 23 tackles, 22 hit ups yesterday. That from a man past his prime? Give yourself dead set more than a triple, a quadruple from Mike Tyson is more fitting. Joke of the year, haven't laughed so hard in my entire life. Become a black humour comedian, it'd suit you.

Well done Warriors, you have A: One brutal hitman B: A workaholic. Now for one last experienced back (Peachey has said he is more than happy to go to Auckland depending on the Sharks final offer), PJ Marsh to return to hooker, and roll on the top 8 for 2005. Great effort by the club, to understand the lengths they went to (The Once Were Warriors specially signed and pre-edited forward DVD by Temuera Morrison and Cliff Curtis to Ruben Wiki telling Ruben he truly is "Jake the Muss"/The signed #11 Warriors jumper for Ruben/The 10 minute videos from the clubs players and staff telling Steve and Ruben how much they'd mean to the club/The special treatment Jo Price got from the Warriors with her trip to Auckland/The calls from Stacey Jones expressing his desire to play with Ruben and Steve ((and that on top of the rumours Stacey had signed with Wigan... pffft!!))). Well done Warriors.

atomic_crimson

Juniors
price was set to stay with the dogs even tho warriors were offering $400 k a year however when warriors got drift of price staying because dogs offered job prospects warriors also decided to offer some...not sure what exactly but hence the reason for a 6 hour meeting with pricey at the last minute..

i wish him all the best yes im heartbroken but he will always be a bulldog to me!

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
Has there ever been a week where the one club has managed to take the 'heart and soul' player out of two others? What a coup

What i can't believe is the Warriors signed Ruben Wiki and that was still effectively back page news.

Moffo

Referee
Kiwi said:
The heart of the Bulldogs just got ripped clean out, and they only have themselves to blame.

f**k you kiwi, at least our club has a heart to start with, not a whore ridden club run by News Limited merkins

^ Pando

retired
Wiki will spend most of next season suspended if prior form is anything to go by.
Price is much bigger news.

Kiwi

First Grade
Moffo said:
Kiwi said:
The heart of the Bulldogs just got ripped clean out, and they only have themselves to blame.

f**k you kiwi, at least our club has a heart to start with, not a whore ridden club run by News Limited merkins

Hit a nerve did I?

Atleast my team doesn't protect druggos, get involved in rape scandals, have thug fans, and so on and so on, if thats "heart" you can keep it.

Parraren

Bench
As good as Price is, the Warriors would have been almost as well served going after El Masri, they can't kick goals for SH!T

Moffo

Referee
Kiwi said:
Moffo said:
Kiwi said:

Hit a nerve did I?

Atleast my team doesn't protect druggos, get involved in rape scandals, have thug fans, and so on and so on, if thats "heart" you can keep it.

Lets break it down for the stupid merkins that can't think....

Druggos? Please, name names

Rape Scandals? Bullshit, nothing has been proven

Thug Fans? Ill pay that, but its not like the Broncos don't have their scum redneck f**khead element

Our club has 70 years of passion

Your club has been run by whores since day 1

Cheers,
Moffo

Kiwi

First Grade
Moffo said:
Kiwi said:
Moffo said:
Kiwi said:

Hit a nerve did I?

Lets break it down for the stupid merkins that can't think....

Druggos? Please, name names

Rape Scandals? bullsh*t, nothing has been proven

Thug Fans? Ill pay that, but its not like the Broncos don't have their scum redneck f***head element

Our club has 70 years of passion

Your club has been run by whores since day 1

Cheers,
Moffo

A dogs player got fined 25 grand by the club for drug use, under a rock at the time were you? Another player under investigation by the police over a drug deal on a phone.

Rape scandal, they were not proven innocent, it was deemed .... not enough evidence to convict, and there is yet to be the legal action taken by the victim, which reports have said will be done. So it ain't over. And if nothing happened, why would Price say it was a factor in leaving the club? Bad press? A few fans giving Dogs players a hard time?

The "redneck" fans you speak of don't damage public transport and act in a violent manner like the "gangsta" wannabe dogs fans now do they?

Don't get me started on the cap, cheating bastards.

You can try the 70 years of passion, my club has none BS all you want, your grasping at straws, your team is a disgrace to league and has a lot of work to do before that changes.

Kiwi

First Grade
^ Pando said:
Care to name names, Kiwi?

Is that the best you can say? PFFFFT next, you wanna debate it, fine, you wanna try the name names tactic so you can say "you can't so it didn't happen", then next please.

_Anonymous

Juniors
2002?? - CHOKE! Rooster pellets?

Pricey will be leaving a legendary club and winning culture of the Bulldogs, to a some what wooden spoon type club in the Warriors

bayrep

Juniors
It is amazing how bitter and twisted you doggy fans are. It's just amazing, I almost feel sorry for you guys. :(

Latest posts