What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pride of the League & Arizona

BunniesMan

Immortal
This is one of the greatest beat ups of all time. A couple of blokes had a minor incident. Police put a report on the public record. The NRL was informed. The alleged victim chose to drop the charges.

And morons like Rothfield are prancing around like they've uncovered Watergate.

Big Sam

First Grade
Exactly what damage had Souths done to Rugby League's reputation immediately following the incident? Virtually nobody knows about the sport in the States and neither player appeared to be wearing Souths/NRL branded apparel. As far as the police were concerned it was just some drunk and disorderly Pom and Aussie.

On the other hand, does banging on ad nauseum about some supposed "cover up" inflict enormous damage to the sport of Rugby League (especially in a week in which the focus should be on the All Stars game)?

BranVan3000

Coach
Exactly what damage had Souths done to Rugby League's reputation immediately following the incident? Virtually nobody knows about the sport in the States and neither player appeared to be wearing Souths/NRL branded apparel. As far as the police were concerned it was just some drunk and disorderly Pom and Aussie.

On the other hand, does banging on ad nauseum about some supposed "cover up" inflict enormous damage to the sport of Rugby League (especially in a week in which the focus should be on the All Stars game)?

Souths have done nothing wrong. Frankly it's about time Manly owned up to what their player has done

AJB1102

First Grade
This is one of the greatest beat ups of all time. A couple of blokes had a minor incident. Police put a report on the public record. The NRL was informed. The alleged victim chose to drop the charges.

And morons like Rothfield are prancing around like they've uncovered Watergate.

Thats exactly what it would have been seen as, had Richo/Souths chose not to lie about it and (only from what I can assume so far) divulged all details to the Integrity Unit.

Look my love is Rugby League, I channel that love through my Sharkies, so I know a RL beat, f**k up, c**k up, you name it and don't take pleasure in seeing it regardless of the Club involved. Bigger picture I hate seeing our game go through this stuff again, and again, and AGAIN.

Bottom line though is:

• It appears Souths tried to smother this and it blew up. Silly. Should know better.
  • It appears the NRL Integrity Unit weren't thorough enough.
  • It appears 2 of the 3 (Greenburg & Richo) top dogs at NRL HQ aren't very trustworthy and the other one (Dave Smith) doesn't mind that.

insert.pause

First Grade
Thats exactly what it would have been seen as, had Richo/Souths chose not to lie about it and (only from what I can assume so far) divulged all details to the Integrity Unit.

Look my love is Rugby League, I channel that love through my Sharkies, so I know a RL beat, f**k up, c**k up, you name it and don't take pleasure in seeing it regardless of the Club involved. Bigger picture I hate seeing our game go through this stuff again, and again, and AGAIN.

Bottom line though is:

• It appears Souths tried to smother this and it blew up. Silly. Should know better.
    [*]It appears 2 of the 3 (Greenburg & Richo) top dogs at NRL HQ aren't very trustworthy and the other one (Dave Smith) doesn't mind that.

I find it ironic that the media put both greenberg and richo up on pedestals as administrators that Smith desperately needed for their rugby league heritage and each time hes appointed them it's soon blown up in his face and dragged the NRL into a saga. Yet all these journos keep telling us the NRL need 'rugby league people' to run it, not these blow-in corporate types. Maybe rugby league people are rugby league's own worst enemy and a detriment to it's growth?

BranVan3000

Coach
I find it ironic that the media put both greenberg and richo up on pedestals as administrators that Smith desperately needed for their rugby league heritage and each time hes appointed them it's soon blown up in his face and dragged the NRL into a saga. Yet all these journos keep telling us the NRL need 'rugby league people' to run it, not these blow-in corporate types. Maybe rugby league people are rugby league's own worst enemy and a detriment to it's growth?

The rugby league people these journos want are their mates

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
I have not posted on this site for quite a few years. After a very short period as a member of this place I quickly discovered that no matter what circumstances prevail in regards to Souths, the majority of responses on here will be of the negative nature.

This Muzby character was the one I noticed most back then and nothing has changed. I do peruse this site from time to time, particularly after something major relating to Souths has occurred and the silence from characters like Muzby after our triumphs has been quite humorous to watch. I expect there would have been a thread on here relating to Russell Packer and the Dragons, and even though I could be wrong, I strongly suspect that the likes of Muzby and co. would not have displayed as much outrage or made as many posts as they have on here.

Souths Pride, Rabbits 20 and other Souths supporters, do yourselves a favour and join one of the two Souths sites where you will get difference of opinions but at least you will not be ridiculed simply for supporting our club. It is obvious that Souths Pride is not debating that both the players involved were numbskulls but rather pointing out a failing of the IU, yet no matter how much he tries to debate in a reasonable fashion, he is put down by a few sad individuals who really have a problem.

Anyway, If you choose to stay on here you will need to develop a thick skin because the moment something goes wrong at Souths, these vultures will be out in a blink of an eye. Just remember to let them know that the club that was bankrupt twice, kicked out of the competition, and had barely enough money to get through year after year for decades, not only survived but has thrived again to become current NRL premiers and Nines champions.

Good luck guys.

Yet here you are.

Lol@souffs.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Bottom line though is:

• It appears 2 of the 3 (Greenburg & Richo) top dogs at NRL HQ aren't very trustworthy and the other one (Dave Smith) doesn't mind that.

Honestly I agree with most of that.

A good post mate.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Good attempted trolling.

Up there with Souths' attempted cover up.

No I'm not trolling mate I'm being honest.

Luke Burgess gave the security guy bruised ribs, an egg on his head as well which I believe was bleeding.

Luke paid him off. I believe that is a cowardly act.

Sutton needs to be punished but Luke should get more of a severe punishment.

Integrity Unit need to fix this mess!!!

AJB1102

First Grade
No I'm not trolling mate I'm being honest.

Luke Burgess gave the security guy bruised ribs, an egg on his head as well which I believe was bleeding.

Luke paid him off. I believe that is a cowardly act.

Sutton needs to be punished but Luke should get more of a severe punishment.

Integrity Unit need to fix this mess!!!

Probably fair enough. Who his employer now does not change what he did.

Problem for the NRL though if Manly did their due diligence and the NRL gave the nod and registered his contract. Now it turns out NRL didn't do their bit properly.

I don't know how you take action on L Burgess and fairly compensate Manly.

Better them than me is alls I can say on that.

AJB1102

First Grade
Lol AJB1102 thinks I was trolling.

I honestly wasn't mate. You must have misinterpreted.

I'll take your word for it ;-)

End of the day; internet forum mostly populated with dickheads who have no one else to tell their shit opinions to. We're probably all in that boat to a degree.

We gotta do something in the offseason.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'll take your word for it ;-)

End of the day; internet forum mostly populated with dickheads who have no one else to tell their shit opinions to. We're probably all in that boat to a degree.

We gotta do something in the offseason.

Yeah were all looking forward to round 1.

Need mess like this to be sorted though. Don't want stupid actions to interfere with good footy on the field which is what we should be talking about.