What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pride of the League & Arizona

Liddell

Juniors
Lmao and how many strikes do you think he had before he was bubbling in his own mouth? Everybody knows Sharks have a piss head culture, that's why carney fitted in so well and why you have the perfect replacement in Barba

Carney was an angel at the Sharks, the minute he signed that contract all his alchol problems disappeared.

Either that or Rothfield wasn't reporting every pub he was spotted at all of a sudden for some reason.

betcats

Referee
You're clearly in denial if you think the sharks boys don't get on it big time. I personally don't have anything against it if the coach can control it. Flanagan seems to have a handle on the culture there

And no I think Luke should be looking at some fair time on the sidelines. Violence is not acceptable

You're captain and another senior player just got arrested on the piss on a preseason training camp no less and you're talking about the sharks pisshead culture lol people in glass houses my friend.

Last edited:

BranVan3000

Coach
You're captain and another senior player just got arrested on the piss on a preseason training camp no less and you're talking about the sharks pisshead culture lol people in glass houses my friend.

Overall no Souths don't seem to have a big drinking culture. Souths were following a no drinking policy enforced by the playing group last year. Seems a few bounced back pretty hard at the end of this training camp. We will see if that no drinking policy stays in effect - something like this might be good to put some feet back on the ground

betcats

Referee
Overall no Souths don't seem to have a big drinking culture. Souths were following a no drinking policy enforced by the playing group last year. Seems a few bounced back pretty hard at the end of this training camp. We will see if that no drinking policy stays in effect - something like this might be good to put some feet back on the ground

FFS Take your red and green glasses off, the f**king whole NRL has a drinking culture. I can't stand muppets as biased as this. Atleast the sharks will punt their players when they deserve unlike your sneaky club, "oh Kirisome you belted your missus? No worries mate keep playing all year".

Lets not forget the Burgess boys used to be all over the society pages out clubbing and one of them smashed up that car pissed, probably using his big dick to add insult to injury.

Last edited:

BranVan3000

Coach
FFS Take your red and green glasses off, the f**king whole NRL has a drinking culture. I can't stand muppets as biased as this.
Vast majority yes. Does that mean some are as heavy as others? Roosters had a no drinking policy in 2013 as well

You'd find the top teams would not be hitting the booze as hard as the teams coming last

Lambretta

First Grade
FFS Take your red and green glasses off, the f**king whole NRL has a drinking culture. I can't stand muppets as biased as this. Atleast the sharks will punt their players when they deserve unlike your sneaky club, "oh Kirisome you belted your missus? No worries mate keep playing all year".

It's a damn sight less of a drinking culture than it used to be

Lmao and how many strikes do you think he had before he was bubbling in his own mouth? Everybody knows Sharks have a piss head culture, that's why carney fitted in so well and why you have the perfect replacement in Barba

Send the IU over, see what they find.

Bottom line is Sutton and Burgess both deserve to cop the same harsh treatment. They are grubs who's behaviour has tarnished the game.

Of course the newspapers etc are the ones banging on about it for everything they can, I hate them as much as the next bloke, but Sutton and Burgess have been caught. Now they need to made an example of.

It doesn't matter if Luke paid off the security guard or not, Souths have some issues in respect of Luke's actions. The NRL also has the problem of how to punish Luke without punishing Manly (who have nothing to do with the incident).

Perhaps Souths might have to compensate Manly for as long as Luke is on the sidelines?

BranVan3000

Coach
Send the IU over, see what they find.

Bottom line is Sutton and Burgess both deserve to cop the same harsh treatment. They are grubs who's behaviour has tarnished the game.

Of course the newspapers etc are the ones banging on about it for everything they can, I hate them as much as the next bloke, but Sutton and Burgess have been caught. Now they need to made an example of.

It doesn't matter if Luke paid off the security guard or not, Souths have some issues in respect of Luke's actions. The NRL also has the problem of how to punish Luke without punishing Manly (who have nothing to do with the incident).

Perhaps Souths might have to compensate Manly for as long as Luke is on the sidelines?

Lmao what do Souths have to do with the actions of an individual who has left the club? That's like saying Melbourne should compensate Souths for Auvaa because he committed his crime before starting preseason with Souths. Souths take on that punishment just as manly now deal with the actions of Luke

Lambretta

First Grade
In the defence of Sutton and Burgess, could it be they were drinking Bud Light, Miller Light or Coors Light thinking they were not getting hammered (as it tastes like water) not knowing the beer is light in calories, not light in alcohol.

That caught me out once and I was well past hammered before I realised it.

I have to agree with Bran to a degree that this is being made out to be something bigger than it should be by the Telegraph as their way of getting back at the whole NRL because their inside knowledge at the NRL HQ has been sacked.

We can expect the Tele to keep going like this until they feel they've been taken back inside the fold. Every team, not just Souths should be sitting here at the moment alarmed at how the Telegraph is carrying on at the moment.

DJShaksta

First Grade
Lmao what do Souths have to do with the actions of an individual who has left the club? That's like saying Melbourne should compensate Souths for Auvaa because he committed his crime before starting preseason with Souths. Souths take on that punishment just as manly now deal with the actions of Luke

Possibly the fact he was a Souths player, on a Souths training camp when it happened.
Just a thought.

Scaven

Juniors

Not if manly have had assurances from both the NRL and Souths that no further action will be taken which I believe is the case. It has then been found out that Souths and Richardson have covered this up and that further action will need to be taken.

So Souths will be copping that or the NRL is kidding themselves.

I find it ironic that the media put both greenberg and richo up on pedestals as administrators that Smith desperately needed for their rugby league heritage and each time hes appointed them it's soon blown up in his face and dragged the NRL into a saga. Yet all these journos keep telling us the NRL need 'rugby league people' to run it, not these blow-in corporate types. Maybe rugby league people are rugby league's own worst enemy and a detriment to it's growth?

I find it ironic that the circle jerk society drool over the welsh banker and claim we need more suits. Right up until he appoints people like Greenberg and Richardson and then he's a genius for making such great appointments. And then when it turns out they're dodgy its the medias fault and the fans' fault for wanting rugby league people and the banker is just an innocent bystander. Not only that but his spintegrity unit he set up as a facade to make it look like the game was dealing with behavioural issues so that he didn't have to is another genius move. Right up until its proven to be a farce. And then its the medias fault again.

Liddell

Juniors
I have to agree with Bran to a degree that this is being made out to be something bigger than it should be by the Telegraph as their way of getting back at the whole NRL because their inside knowledge at the NRL HQ has been sacked.

We can expect the Tele to keep going like this until they feel they've been taken back inside the fold. Every team, not just Souths should be sitting here at the moment alarmed at how the Telegraph is carrying on at the moment.

It will only be a matter of time before another League player is in trouble, and it will be worse than wrestling a bouncer to the ground and the tele will be waiting in the wings.

I know people are enjoying this because it's Souths, but it'll be their club soon.

Slothfield, the same guy who wrote his tear jerking letter about how against domestic violence, but knew about the incident in February but decided to just use the info in the gossip part of his column, will be all over it.

betcats

Referee
In the defence of Sutton and Burgess, could it be they were drinking Bud Light, Miller Light or Coors Light thinking they were not getting hammered (as it tastes like water) not knowing the beer is light in calories, not light in alcohol.

That caught me out once and I was well past hammered before I realised it.

Being stupid isnt a defence.

carcharias

Immortal
So
If Sutton wasn't a filthy pig and didn't spit inside the bar then he wouldn't have been kicked out.
Burgess wouldn't have attacked the bouncer and it would be sweet.

Suttons fault.

DJShaksta

First Grade
It will only be a matter of time before another League player is in trouble, and it will be worse than wrestling a bouncer to the ground and the tele will be waiting in the wings.

I know people are enjoying this because it's Souths, but it'll be their club soon.

Slothfield, the same guy who wrote his tear jerking letter about how against domestic violence, but knew about the incident in February but decided to just use the info in the gossip part of his column, will be all over it.

I think all everybody wants is some consistency in the punishments.
At the moment it's like they just spin a chocolate wheel and see where it lands.

Some clubs get let off scott free while others get hammered.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

it was a tequila bar..

BunniesMan

Immortal
I've read everything there is to read about this and I still can't understand why it has made so much news.

And the channel 7 guy just said the police in Arizona are "bemused" about how much attention this is getting. The bloke apparently got 1 bruise. They apparently reached some kind of settlement. Charges were dropped. The NRL was told at the time. Nobody involved in this situation is bothered at this point. The only people bothered are the media.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I think all everybody wants is some consistency in the punishments.
At the moment it's like they just spin a chocolate wheel and see where it lands.

Some clubs get let off scott free while others get hammered.

What consistency? You want the most minor matters to be dealt with the same severity as the most extreme transgressions? Where is an example of someone in the NRL doing a similar thing and getting a bigger punishment?

Latest posts