What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pride of the League & Arizona

DJShaksta

First Grade
No I'm not trolling mate I'm being honest.

Luke Burgess gave the security guy bruised ribs, an egg on his head as well which I believe was bleeding.

Luke paid him off. I believe that is a cowardly act.

Sutton needs to be punished but Luke should get more of a severe punishment.

Integrity Unit need to fix this mess!!!

They were both out drinking
They were both asked to leave
They were both arrested.
I think 12 games on the sidelines is a good start.

Now let's look at the club that tried to cover it up..............

BranVan3000

Coach
They were both out drinking
They were both asked to leave
They were both arrested.
I think 12 games on the sidelines is a good start.

Now let's look at the club that tried to cover it up..............
Luke acted violently Sutton did not

Souths didn't cover up anything, they let the integrity unit know right away. They have no obligation to tell Slothfield and co. That is not a cover up

DJShaksta

First Grade
So they told the IU that they paid off the bouncer so he would drop the charges?
Sutton spat on the bar and threatened the staff.
They are both grubs and deserve the book to be thrown at them

BranVan3000

Coach
So they told the IU that they paid off the bouncer so he would drop the charges?
Sutton spat on the bar and threatened the staff.
They are both grubs and deserve the book to be thrown at them

Luke burgess paid off the bouncer not Souths. And whether that was mentioned is not known, but even those actions are by the book in America

If we are going to come down hard on every player who does something stupid in a bar then half the NRL will be sitting out. And I don't think sharks would like too much examination into how their players act out on the piss

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Willie mason also had a booze related mishap recently..

it made news, but nobody really cares..

question for souths fans - why is this?

(hint - it has nothing to do with any of your anti-souths / only because we're winning bullshit - looking for genuine reasons..)

DJShaksta

First Grade
Luke burgess paid off the bouncer not Souths. And whether that was mentioned is not known, but even those actions are by the book in America

If we are going to come down hard on every player who does something stupid in a bar then half the NRL will be sitting out. And I don't think sharks would like too much examination into how their players act out on the piss
Mate we punted Carney for being stupid on the piss.
As far as discipline goes the Sharks are way harsher than most.

And while bribing people may be fine and dandy in Arizona it's hardly acceptable behavior.

BranVan3000

Coach
Willie mason also had a booze related mishap recently..

it made news, but nobody really cares..

question for souths fans - why is this?

(hint - it has nothing to do with any of your anti-souths / only because we're winning bullshit - looking for genuine reasons..)

Actually it is from anti-Souths factions, including yourself. There is a reason nobody is calling for Luke's head and only Sutton's. Despite Luke committing the violence inherent in the whole discussion

Then there is the media agenda who is beating this up because they see an angle to get at Smith and Richardson. Particularly the Telegraph

BranVan3000

Coach
Mate we punted Carney for being stupid on the piss.
As far as discipline goes the Sharks are way harsher than most.

Lmao and how many strikes do you think he had before he was bubbling in his own mouth? Everybody knows Sharks have a piss head culture, that's why carney fitted in so well and why you have the perfect replacement in Barba

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
yes, yes, I'm the one sending the papers all the info..

and FTR, if you look it seems to be Fairfax going the hardest..

take off the tinfoil hat..

DJShaksta

First Grade
So if the Sharks have a pisshead culture does that make Souths the domestic violence culture club?

Do you think if Gallen belted a bouncer and then bribed him to drop the charges he'd be playing league at all this year???

Take your bunnies glasses off.

BranVan3000

Coach
yes, yes, I'm the one sending the papers all the info..

and FTR, if you look it seems to be Fairfax going the hardest..

take off the tinfoil hat..
Fairfax have been uncovering the facts of he story. Which is fair enough, people want to read about it. It's the Telegraph beating it up and putting a political agenda on the story

In a situation where Richardson wasn't going into the NRL, the story would have lost it's legs already.

BranVan3000

Coach
So if the Sharks have a pisshead culture does that make Souths the domestic violence culture club?

Do you think if Gallen belted a bouncer and then bribed him to drop the charges he'd be playing league at all this year???

Take your bunnies glasses off.
You're clearly in denial if you think the sharks boys don't get on it big time. I personally don't have anything against it if the coach can control it. Flanagan seems to have a handle on the culture there

And no I think Luke should be looking at some fair time on the sidelines. Violence is not acceptable

DJShaksta

First Grade
You're clearly in denial if you think the sharks boys don't get on it big time. I personally don't have anything against it if the coach can control it. Flanagan seems to have a handle on the culture there

And no I think Luke should be looking at some fair time on the sidelines. Violence is not acceptable

Most footy players get on it bigtime.
Does it make them pissheads? Or aussie blokes?

Luke should be sitting down for a bit.
And Sutton should be heavily fined for putting himself in that situation.

Ace-STi

Juniors
Russell-Crowe-CS-HightlightHero.png

They should have phoned a friend or threw the phone hmm can't remember

betcats

Referee
What a f**king joke. Obviously had no interest in checking for themselves what happened in Arizona. You can get the police report online off their website ffs, mugshots, camera footage, and the compensation to the victim. The media found all that in two days.

All this talk about getting serious about player behaviour from Smith and the NRL and yet their integrity unit is a joke and they still go easy on some clubs. They fined Gallen 50k for a tweet! If this was a sharks incident I wonder if they would of bothered to look into it even a little bit? I daresay they would of.

Last edited:

DJShaksta

First Grade
What a f**king joke. Obviously had no interest in checking for themselves what happened in Arizona. You can get the police report online off their website ffs, mugshots, camera footage, and the compensation to the victim. The media found all that in two days.

All this talk about getting serious about player behaviour from Smith and the NRL and yet their integrity unit is a joke and they still go easy on some clubs. They fined galled 50k for a tweet! If this was a sharks incident I wonder if they would of bothered to look into it even a little bit? I daresay they would of.

Spot on.

Smith is a joke.

soc123_au

Staff member
If it were a Sharks player involved we would be laughing at the footage of their botched execution on YouTube.

Liddell

Juniors
Don't worry, Rothfield has called for an inquiry so Smith will be bending over and looking into it very soon.