What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PrideKnights "Oh My God, I'm so Bored at work" Thread

Parki

Bench
i thought it went really well actually, she seemed really eager, and we had a good chat about things

the only problem is my f**king boss has now shifted me to day shifts, so there will be a problem with training

i dont know what im going to do...

MrCharisma

Bench
Foxtel but I've got today and yesterday off..... but I worked Monday and then work Thurday til Sunday. *sigh*

MrCharisma

Bench
I really enjoy it... it's good money for a easy job although there are often dramas backstage but hey, I guess all work places are like that.

If you are a good talker like myself, it's a great job. Mainly you watch tv, perve on girls, eat food court food and then talk to people about Foxtel.

What about Telecom, what's that like?

The Devil

Bench
Depends on what job you take.

I'm a sales rep and now got together a sales team and we sell to businesses.

Once again you've got to be a good talker, smooth and know what people want.

It's a decent job, though its hard work

MrCharisma

Bench
It's ok... as long as it's consistant, that's the main thing. I was asked to do Door To Door and I said nope because I wasn't comfortable without a safety net.

The Devil

Bench
Although with what i'm selling, its $40 a pop.

So once you get used to it and become a better seller, the money isn't too bad

MrCharisma

Bench
That's not horrible I guess compared to the Foxtel door to door where you earn like $140 a sale but you are signing up people to 24 month contracts which alot don't want. I'll stick to my base wage + commission anyway

The Devil

Bench
Yeah, we sell our plans which aren't locked into long contracts, which attracts more customers, plus our rates are cheaper than Telstra and Optus on their most cheapest retail rate.

MrCharisma

Bench
Yah I can imagine... our company also looks after Origin Energy amongst other things and they didn't have a lock down contract either and I know they blitz Newcastle

MrCharisma

Bench
PrideKnight said:
lock down contracts are soon to be extinct. people want flexibility and stuff

Yes and no

Foxtel isn't going to $900 worth of gear on your home so you can have 1-2 months of Foxtel and get rid of it.

Nor will phone companies give you a phone on a plan and then you leave when you want too

The Devil

Bench
But companies will have clauses that will ensure that they can make you pay for what you still owe for the phone you got with the plan or make you give the phone back. Companies employ lawyers to make sure of that crap