What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prior Gone...

Stanley Steeler

Juniors
hate to say it, but the above isn't a forward pack that will scare the living daylights out of the opposition unfortunately. prior leaving, being a local junior, is a real shame but at times he was a liability, knocked on too much and gave away too many penalties, but at the end of the day, he is a premiership winner, and under the right tutelage will be a force to be reckoned with in the future.

hardbaby

Coach
Good. I respect Prior and expect him to do well at another club. But he won't do well at this club. He isn't an edge player and he isn't what we need up front. Creagh can fill that role and Thompson can be our go to centre replacement.

Fiery

Juniors
Another crap decision by the club keep some one like Harrison who dead set is the biggest waste of money the Dragons have ever spent and let go a guy has been crucified by bad coaching.

Good luck Matt hope you get more respect that some of the wankers in this forum.

x2 :thumn

He was terrible in the centres but I'm pretty sure he never asked to play there and finally after... how many weeks?...... super coach not only moves him from the centres but drops him from the team! The chinless freak is a curse on the entire club and everyone within it!

Fiery

Juniors
Merrin
Rein
Creagh
Thompson
Harrison
Frizzell

Stockwell
Cooper
De Bellin
Garvey

possm, you are confusing me. Why TF would you put Rein in front of King? That forward pack is tiny compared with every opposition team. Why Harrison? He was a Raiders reject and showed why this year.

blacksafake

First Grade
Another crap decision by the club keep some one like Harrison who dead set is the biggest waste of money the Dragons have ever spent and let go a guy has been crucified by bad coaching.

Good luck Matt hope you get more respect that some of the wankers in this forum.

Agree,Harrison is a bum,soft in defence & not keen on collisions.Why let Prior go & resign Mathews? I know who is the better of three.Thanks Matt & I hope you go to the storm to be coached by a good coach.

possm

Coach
possm, you are confusing me. Why TF would you put Rein in front of King? That forward pack is tiny compared with every opposition team. Why Harrison? He was a Raiders reject and showed why this year.

I'm banking on a new coach who might be able to sort out some of our problems in the forwards. I have no doubt that if Bennett returned he could shake this pack into a much better outfit and think the same if were, Henry, Sheens or B Smith.

I think King may be on his way and Garvey the new kid in the hooker rotation. If King stays and is fit, I would put him in ahead of Rein.

Harrison has what it takes and just needs a good coach to bring out the best in him.

TheRev

First Grade
Most of our hatred for Prior was in the 2nd Row (and occasionally centre, though at times it was handy), because he lacked aggression, once again players being selected in positions that dont suit their skillset.

Last part of the year at Prop he was way more effective, a workhorse.. im sad to see him go but.. hes no superstar, im much happier with Creagh and hoping Stockwell comes good too, and was still hoping for a superstar prop, I thought we had the room nit he salary cap, but I think our options fell through, was one of the warriors we were after.

jenninga

First Grade

That's not fair,sure he copped plenty last year for some miserable performances which could have been attributed to the tragedy he suffered and the coach playing him in positions he is not suited to,but he came back better than ever this season and this forum has supported him as such.
Start reading some of this seasons posts and you will see support for Prior has changed.

Fiery

Juniors
I'm banking on a new coach who might be able to sort out some of our problems in the forwards. I have no doubt that if Bennett returned he could shake this pack into a much better outfit and think the same if were, Henry, Sheens or B Smith.

I think King may be on his way and Garvey the new kid in the hooker rotation. If King stays and is fit, I would put him in ahead of Rein.

Harrison has what it takes and just needs a good coach to bring out the best in him.

If King is on his way....... it's even more absurd than keeping Harrison and getting rid of Prior. This is what a shambles the club has become. No question a decent coach would get much more out of the entire team but the forward pack you have nominated would still get steamrolled in almost every game. Just like Newcastle last year and early this year and still when against the top teams.

Blue Dragon

Juniors
Sign Groat and let Prior go. Wtf....
I cannot see the sense in this.
Couldn't agree more. WTF would we let Prior go to pick up a guy who hasn't been able to force his way into the Tigers team this year? Prior has been a great player for us, and at least we know what he can do. I just don't understand some decisions the board makes sometimes. If they ran a business like they run this club, who would invest in us? As Bennett once said:" I've never understood the Dragons retention policy." Make that two of us. :shock:

Couldn't agree more. WTF would we let Prior go to pick up a guy who hasn't been able to force his way into the Tigers team this year? Prior has been a great player for us, and at least we know what he can do. I just don't understand some decisions the board makes sometimes. If they ran a business like they run this club, who would invest in us? As Bennett once said:" I've never understood the Dragons retention policy." Make that two of us. :shock:

Make it three...

64 Dragon

Coach
Most of our hatred for Prior was in the 2nd Row (and occasionally centre, though at times it was handy), because he lacked aggression, once again players being selected in positions that dont suit their skillset.

Rev, what's with the hatred? This emotion should be reserved for other players and teams. Matt Prior is a Dragon through and through. Good or bad, he does not deserve to be hated.

Matt, good luck in the future. I for one appreciate your efforts in the red and white.

blacksafake

First Grade
was this a price decision.

I think it was,Groat signed to replace Weyman & most likely Rose to replace Prior with Matthews resigned to be mister fix it even though he is never given much game time. I did read somewhere that Matt was sad to have to leave. Price logic! :?

Latest posts