What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Prior

bribieboy

Juniors
Chock is just like his name sake. Too free with out there comments. Best you check the facts (game stats) first BBC.

possm

Coach
You need a foward or two who are tireless defenders in order to keep other players fresh in attack. Prior is a tireless worker who needs to sharpen up his handling skills and his occasional lack of discipline.

Until we identify a tireless defender to take his place, Price should be putting every effort into improving Prior's handling technique and discipline.

He made a few mistakes last Friday night but so did others. I think he made a good contribution to the result.

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
In a game when everyone was great. Matt prior was still hopeless.

He MUST go. I sick of his pathetic errors every single f**king week.

Wow....your carers still allow you unsupervised computer time?

Prior was outstanding.....one of the top three players on the field. I am happy for you to keep up this campaign though as you are merely condemning yourself more and more as the moronic fool you are.

Reyter

Juniors
Prior is outstanding. Taking age and attacking skills into account, I'd rather the Dragons let Scott go and keep Prior.

ingles

Juniors
Wow....your carers still allow you unsupervised computer time?

Prior was outstanding.....one of the top three players on the field. I am happy for you to keep up this campaign though as you are merely condemning yourself more and more as the moronic fool you are.

See above .

saint06

Juniors
Prior was awesome.

Anyone who says anything else wasn't watching the same game. His defence was great.

Pathetic errors? He only made on handling error me thinks.

Was one of our best on Friday.

jenninga

First Grade
Prior was awesome.

Anyone who says anything else wasn't watching the same game. His defence was great.

Pathetic errors? He only made on handling error me thinks.

Was one of our best on Friday.
After watching Raiders v the Rooters yesterday,give me Prior anyday

Cagey Mac

Bench
11. Matt Prior2nd Row 1802220 (124m) 293 1
So he played 80 minutes received the ball 22 times made 124 metres (the most of either team) 3 offloads (equal 2nd on the field) 29 tackles (equal most for us)

1 error....Arsehole! Sack him immediately.
Stats don't mean anything who was this Don Bradman guy anyway

Source NRL Stats
Cheers
Cagey

big pat

Coach
So he played 80 minutes received the ball 22 times made 124 metres (the most of either team) 3 offloads (equal 2nd on the field) 29 tackles (equal most for us)

1 error....Arsehole! Sack him immediately.
Stats don't mean anything who was this Don Bradman guy anyway

Source NRL Stats
Cheers
Cagey

yet bennett kept picking him, go figure that one.

Breathingfire

Juniors
So he played 80 minutes received the ball 22 times made 124 metres (the most of either team)

The most by a forward* on either team.

Morris ran for 195 metres!!!!

Also of note

Loltzen ran for 15 paltry metres and made 3 errors :lol::lol::lol:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Prior was excellent and as for errors everyone makes them. How many times has Creagh dropped the pill in the opposition 20, surely you don't feel the same way about Benny Creagh?

Dean Young was also superb on Friday night. When he does not play hooker he is a different player. Awesome backrower.

Cagey Mac

Bench
Prior was excellent and as for errors everyone makes them. How many times has Creagh dropped the pill in the opposition 20, surely you don't feel the same way about Benny Creagh?

Dean Young was also superb on Friday night. When he does not play hooker he is a different player. Awesome backrower.

To be fair to big Benny
He takes the ball either hitting line or a hole a pace
If it sticks we score
Priors errors have been from poor ball security
Prior ain't perfect but he ain't that bad either and he's a workhorse

Jersey No 14

Juniors
are we suppose to ask, what's so special about round 8.
Round 8 is a 3rd of the way into the comp (give or take)
Ben Creagh is a big unit. If he's not banging head and taking numbers there must be something wrong with his modivation.
If Prior hasn't done something to put his name into the oppositions mind eg scare tatices well he's not going to in the near or far distant future.
Get out of the way and give someone else a go.
As for consistancy.
r1 got out of jail.
r2 whoops
r3 proved that we don't need what his name and Price is the man. But on home turf
we should play like that - no questions. Hell, we were premiers 2 years ago. You don't just lose skills just like that. Unless your bludging.
But if we don't do the same to Manly, who just now lost to cronulla, who we beat twice last year then sometime is wrong with our mental state.
Consistancy week in - week out. That will win this comp.
He who f*$ks up the least.
I'm still waiting for us to play better then Melbourne and Brisbane Oh yeah and Canterbury!

TheRev

Coach
I hear what you're saying about the statistics, and maybe Prior is an unseen/unsung work-horse, but there just doesn't seem to be any quality or intent in his work, if we had a forward pack full of Prior's, we would get flogged week in, week out.

I mean how often does Prior smash his way over the try-line? or Bend back the defence? or make a Half-Break? He just doesn't get over the advantage. But in his defence he is already looking a lot better than in 2011, and for the sake of the team I hope he hits his straps in 2012.

Anyway this topic is like flogging a dead horse, but I couldn't stop myself posting ;-)

Minh

First Grade
I hear what you're saying about the statistics, and maybe Prior is an unseen/unsung work-horse, but there just doesn't seem to be any quality or intent in his work, if we had a forward pack full of Prior's, we would get flogged week in, week out.

I mean how often does Prior smash his way over the try-line? or Bend back the defence? or make a Half-Break? He just doesn't get over the advantage. But in his defence he is already looking a lot better than in 2011, and for the sake of the team I hope he hits his straps in 2012.

Anyway this topic is like flogging a dead horse, but I couldn't stop myself posting ;-)

They all have a role to play, Prior does plenty of defense and always puts his hand up for a hitup. He plays the full 80 minutes does not have time to catch a breath and come on fresh and give it everything in short spurts. He had a quiet 2011 but Prior is a great player I'm glad we have him in the team and if you ask the coach I'm pretty sure he'd say the same.

TheRev

Coach
They all have a role to play, Prior does plenty of defense and always puts his hand up for a hitup. He plays the full 80 minutes does not have time to catch a breath and come on fresh and give it everything in short spurts. He had a quiet 2011 but Prior is a great player I'm glad we have him in the team and if you ask the coach I'm pretty sure he'd say the same.

And maybe you are right, maybe an 80 minute man is essential to the team-make-up, despite not getting the accolades... the game against Newcastle there was more determination in his running, lets hope he has a good season.